Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Bleach Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Bleach 516 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=205133)

kael03 11-14-2012 02:24 AM

Bleach 516

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c516/

Finally they show up. I wonder which is Hikifune?

Edit: I'm thinking the chick on the right, knowing Kubo and his propensity of making "attractive" characters with some form of a background related to the main characters.

jericho Uzimaki 11-14-2012 02:41 AM

Re: Bleach 516

hmm a beginning with purpose interrupted by nonsense then a dramatic closing.

Ah Kubo your in suberb form.

So which Captain or being will become Ichigo's new Zanpakto/Bankai?

maybe the Captain commander will find his way of being it.

So what is the Zero squad here for anyway? I mean why did they come down? one of them going to replace the Captain Commander(maybe temp replacement)?

kael03 11-14-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jericho Uzimaki (Post 2130497)
So what is the Zero squad here for anyway? I mean why did they come down? one of them going to replace the Captain Commander(maybe temp replacement)?

Juha Bach anticipated them arriving when his troops destroyed Soul Society. They're finally here because the current squad captains couldn't do the job and the King is threatened if the Quincy get past Soul Society.

Nexus 11-14-2012 04:07 AM

I agree with kael03. I believe Squad 0 are there to clean up Gotei 13's mess (meaning the captains have a lot explaning to do). After reading what Shinji said about Ichigo being there, it seems they might either attack him or put down Gotei 13 for having a substitute shinigami in their presence. The guy to the right of the Chang-looking dude in the middle reminds me of Kuwabara from YuYu Hakusho lol.

Dagoro 11-14-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

The guy to the right of the Chang-looking dude in the middle reminds me of Kuwabara from YuYu Hakusho lol.
My thoughts exactly lol.

More powerful than all of the 13 captain huh..where were these motherfuckers when the shit hit the fan ?

If one needs a special key to enter the King's realm wouldn't it be ok for them to leave his side to come down and fight ?

Nexus 11-14-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2130503)

If one needs a special key to enter the King's realm wouldn't it be ok for them to leave his side to come down and fight ?

I was just thinking the same thing too, but I thought about something else (thanks to this chapter). If these guys are stronger than Gotei 13 put together and Yama's bankai can destroy SS itself, then wouldn't it be safe to assume each Squad 0 member could do the same (meaning the destruction of SS)?

Dagoro 11-14-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

If these guys are stronger than Gotei 13 put together and Yama's bankai can destroy SS itself, then wouldn't it be safe to assume each Squad 0 member could do the same (meaning the destruction of SS)?
Things could certainly unfold that way. Bleach is ending so the power inflation that occurs in battle manga should be applied soon by Kubo, just look at Naruto as an example.

However, the power gap between Yama and the rest of the captains was very large. He obviously made up the bulk of SS's fire power, meaning not all the Zero squad members need to be stronger than he was, their collective power needs to surpass the goten 13's which has some shitty captains.

ckraizitee 11-14-2012 07:13 AM

i think the capt commander is stronger than them individualy, cus I think the commander could wipe the whole of soul society himself.

btw why do the zero squad, save the girl, look so clowny, i thought they,ll be more serious looking. Or maybe they are in a state of jiyaraness, where you are so powerful and have paid your dues that you dont need to take life so seriously anymore.

Vengeance 11-14-2012 08:01 AM

Wow squad zero looks pretty underwhelming. Not what I expected at all. I didn't expect Hikifune to look like a Geisha. What happened to Byakuya's gran father?

ckraizitee 11-14-2012 08:24 AM

Byakuya's grand father? Isnt he just a royal family head, not zero squad.

Vengeance 11-14-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckraizitee (Post 2130521)
Byakuya's grand father? Isnt he just a royal family head, not zero squad.

He was a captain during the pendulum arc & seems to be around the same age as Yamamoto. I was just assuming that he would go to squad zero rather than simply retire since old men seem to keep their power as shinigami. It also allows for some interaction between the old man, Rukia & Byakuya which could have potentialy added some character development for Rukia. Seems like a blatant missed opportunity really since the Kuchiki family were supposed to be top tir yet non of these squad zero guys appear to actually be a Kuchiki.

I expected squad zero to have at least some people that were at the very least mentioned within the manga besides Hikifune. The oldest person there seems to be the chubby woman while the guys look no older than Zaraki. So basically the biggest & baddest shinigami are around the same age(besides the chubbi woman & Hikifune) as mid tier captains in SS? Just doesn't seem believable.

NeoKakarott023 11-14-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckraizitee (Post 2130517)
i think the capt commander is stronger than them individualy, cus I think the commander could wipe the whole of soul society himself.

btw why do the zero squad, save the girl, look so clowny, i thought they,ll be more serious looking. Or maybe they are in a state of jiyaraness, where you are so powerful and have paid your dues that you dont need to take life so seriously anymore.

This I kinda disagree with, though Yama was super hyped since second one he hit the manga, IF ultimately he's more powerful than Aizen (which hasn't been determined yet), it wasn't by that much. Additionally in the grand scheme of things, this chapter explained the pecking order as if Gotei 13 are Assistant Managers. They're equal to the Big Dude that was guarding the gate way back when Ichigo first entered. The 5 Zero Squad Capts are much more than Yama, or will be IMHO. Besides Yama's Bankai draining the water from the entirety of the space and increasing heat, they'res nothing overwhelming about his Bankai by scale, its beastly vs. a limited amount of people, but he's no Madara. No meteors, hell Madara's Grand Fireball had a greater death toll than anything Yama produced, not bashing cause I know some of ya'll dig the Hype Man, and I won't stomp on his grave, but Yama HAS to be < Zero Squad. If not Juha Bach & Quincies would've stalked the Zero squad and crushed them like Gotei 13.

Yes the Zero Squad look like clowns, Kishi's attempting to bite off of One Piece with characters that could easily fit in that manga and be seen as worthy. Nothing ever outside of the real world fit the mode of 'flashy' beyond the Vizards whom were attempting to 'fit in' in Kakakura Town. Even Arrancar though having they're own individual appeal didn't have the style of Zero Squad, but for maybe a few panels when characters were in 'humor style' momentatily arguint with each other or something like that.

I have not a lot of issues with power levels and actual Bankai's so much, but more my issue is with the lack of showing said Bankai's and power. Many characters are 'Bad Ass' within the realm of the story, by simple word of mouth. That shit was cool way back when before Aizen grew his fag assed butterfly wings, but stop the propaganda machine, show something ain't this supposedly the fucking end? This arc nobody besides Yama's crew (him and his assistant) showed any power, or anything different than in ALL the years of this manga. Ichigo alone has shown more than everybody in SS combined, but with the words some have been seen as equal to or even better.

Dagoro 11-14-2012 09:37 AM

I do agree that Yama's Bankai ultimately fell short of the expected hype( Thanks to the whole holding back thing Kubo went with), but it should not be underestimated. I disagree with Madara's katon being stronger, rock vaporization shits on anything Madara has ever done with his Katon. If memory serves he couldn't even burn the wood forest he raised with it.

But enough about Nardo. I think if all of the 0 squad are stronger than Yama it would be a further detriment to the already shitty logic in this manga.

They could have easily mopped the floor with Aizen, beat the Espada and crushed the Quincy with a member or two. It is one thing not to act unless necessary, but one would think that it is in their best interest to keep the SS forces intact since they are the first line of defense, and everyone getting decimated would be a negative for the king.

Let's see how Kubo handles this.

jekyl_hyde 11-14-2012 09:45 AM

So no one's talked about it huh?

Does this (Ichigo's bankai breaking) mean we won't see old man Zangetsu anymore? You bring freakin' Kon back, but not him?

**Looks like Kitsuchi is experimenting on synthetic steriods in SS.

Dagoro 11-14-2012 09:55 AM

Ichigo will circumvent this with some power up or equally convenient Deus EX machina.

One last thing about power levulz. It was said that their total power, meaning the collective, is greater than the 13 squads, not individually.