Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hajime no Ippo 1027 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=205450)

Spiegel 09-06-2013 03:46 PM

Hajime no Ippo 1027

http://www.mangapanda.com/hajime-no-ippo/1027

Go Imai!!!

ask me anything 09-06-2013 07:44 PM

Re: Hajime no Ippo 1027

Put me on the Itagaki hate wagon. I fucking hate that cocky kid.

Spiegel 09-06-2013 10:04 PM

I enjoy how Takamura talks shit to Itagaki. lol

ask me anything 09-07-2013 01:03 AM

Takamura has always been the best character in this manga. That fight with the bear in the mountains remains the most "BOSS" event in this manga. I suppose that drunken fight in the bar, where he beat up Date and 5 other guys, was pretty hilarious as well. One of the reasons I hated that they even introduced Itagaki's character was that we get countless chapters of his retarded fights, instead of seeing more of Takamura.

I hope after this arc is over with, that the story shifts back towards his goal of winning his championships in 6 different weight classes. I think he's already got 3 of them out of the way (not sure). With him being in the same age group as those other 2 guys at the gym, who have both considered retirement in the past, I can't help but feel that Takamura's time as a boxer in his prime is running out. So the story really needs to shift back towards him.

Spiegel 09-07-2013 01:29 AM

Takamura is fight I think, we don't have to worry about him not fighting in his prime. He is only four years older than Ippo and has defended his Middleweight title belt four times. I also feel like the focus should shift back to Takamura and it'll probably happen after Ippo's match with Alfredo Gonzalez. He's overdue to move towards his third weigh class title. I would like to see him fight in his natural heavyweight class.

LonelyNinja 09-07-2013 07:07 PM

Thank God I'm not the only person who wants Itagaki to lose. I don't hate the kid, though. I just think he needs a reality check, but I also want to see just how dark his character is going to become.

I'd like to see another Takamura match, but I'm really invested in Ippo's rise to world champion and his inevitable match with Miyata. We all know Takamura's gonna win the titles because the author has said that he's, pound-for-pound, the strongest character in the manga. So his fights are more for "fuck yeah, Japanese boxers!" than Ippo's fights, which are about growing before, during, and after a match through hard work and dedication. I like those fights more than Takamura's cake walks.

Spiegel 09-07-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonelyNinja (Post 2137994)
Thank God I'm not the only person who wants Itagaki to lose. I don't hate the kid, though. I just think he needs a reality check, but I also want to see just how dark his character is going to become.

I'd like to see another Takamura match, but I'm really invested in Ippo's rise to world champion and his inevitable match with Miyata. We all know Takamura's gonna win the titles because the author has said that he's, pound-for-pound, the strongest character in the manga. So his fights are more for "fuck yeah, Japanese boxers!" than Ippo's fights, which are about growing before, during, and after a match through hard work and dedication. I like those fights more than Takamura's cake walks.

Which is why I really enjoyed his fight with Bryan Hawk because it was one of the few fights in his career where you saw an actual struggle.

ask me anything 09-08-2013 11:47 AM

As Takumura keeps going up through the weight classes, I think he'll begin to struggle more and more. It was said way earlier in the manga that Japanese boxers typically excel in the lower weight classes and heavier class boxers are rare. According to real world statistics there has never been a Japanese world champion in the top 4 boxing weight classes. (heavy weight, cruiser weight, light heavy weight, and super middle weight).

LonelyNinja 09-12-2013 03:51 PM

Yeah, but I think Takamura's natural weight is something like heavyweight, so he should be terrifyingly strong when he's not weakened by maintaining his weight, which has been his only flaw in the whole series.

Also, fuck yeah, Imai.