Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pokemon Origin (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=205510)

platinumrug 10-03-2013 09:47 PM

Pokemon Origin

http://www.animeget.com/pokemon-the-origin-special-1

The first episode in this homage to the first pokemon games, subbed and everything. Enjoy.

Spiegel 10-03-2013 11:25 PM

Re: Pokemon Origin

Liking this better than the current shit with Ash.

jekyl_hyde 10-04-2013 12:29 AM

Pokemon is like Power Rangers. When will it ever stop?

Spiegel 10-04-2013 12:37 AM

Until someone ends up being the very best.

platinumrug 10-04-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde (Post 2139201)
Pokemon is like Power Rangers. When will it ever stop?

It'll never stop, and honestly there's no reason FOR it to stop. It's still very popular among kids and even a good chunk of adults. It's always fun and great to pick up after a long while, plus this is only a special, it isn't developing into anything more than that. Which is sad since this is a million times more exciting than the regular pokemon anime that exists at the time being.

Spiegel 10-04-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinumrug (Post 2139203)
It'll never stop, and honestly there's no reason FOR it to stop. It's still very popular among kids and even a good chunk of adults. It's always fun and great to pick up after a long while, plus this is only a special, it isn't developing into anything more than that. Which is sad since this is a million times more exciting than the regular pokemon anime that exists at the time being.

Unfortunately there will only be four episodes of this special.

Who knows. Maybe it'll become popular enough to generate requests for a series. It doesn't have that fluff that the current TV series has, so it could bring back a lot of the Pokemon veterans back.

It dawns on me that the a lot of the Pokemon movies are better than the TV series. It has more violence and emotional impact, which is weird. A great example is movie 1.

Spiegel 10-04-2013 10:12 PM

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Here are the rest of the episodes.

ask me anything 10-05-2013 12:42 AM

So, I watched episode 1. It was pretty good. I'm not really a pokemon fan, but I did enjoy the old references. It came out here in the U.S. when I was in high school and it seemed to 'kiddy' for my taste. That said, I did have a few pokemon games. I still do I think? Blue and Yellow, maybe Red. Dunno. I'll have to pull out my old gameboy collection one day.

stubborn_d0nkey 10-05-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask me anything (Post 2139251)
So, I watched episode 1. It was pretty good. I'm not really a pokemon fan, but I did enjoy the old references. It came out here in the U.S. when I was in high school and it seemed to 'kiddy' for my taste. That said, I did have a few pokemon games. I still do I think? Blue and Yellow, maybe Red. Dunno. I'll have to pull out my old gameboy collection one day.

Smartphone+emulator. You can get up to GBA on pretty much any smartphone, DS on the more powerful stuff.

Spiegel 10-05-2013 12:34 PM

By the way...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdG...e_gdata_player

The feels.

platinumrug 10-05-2013 01:56 PM

I almost shut the damn show off when charmander got bit by squirtle dude, that scream it let out was horrifying lol. That's the kind of show I want to watch, Ash is a fucking loser. I know they keep Ash losing just so that they can keep the series going and make more money but god damn man, have him win something for once in his life. If he's going to remain at 10 years old, he should be a LOT better at battling.

Spiegel 10-05-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinumrug (Post 2139262)
I almost shut the damn show off when charmander got bit by squirtle dude, that scream it let out was horrifying lol. That's the kind of show I want to watch, Ash is a fucking loser. I know they keep Ash losing just so that they can keep the series going and make more money but god damn man, have him win something for once in his life. If he's going to remain at 10 years old, he should be a LOT better at battling.

Couldn't agree more. Going off from your Kotaku link, I agree that having a character win battles all the time can get boring and predictable but the same can be said about the opposite. If anything, it would have a worse effect on the character, basically saying "I suck when it really matters."

Mix it up a bit. Having him win more than one tournament (Ash actually did win during the Orange League). Take a page out of the current most popular shonen series in Japan now, One Piece. Luffy doesn't necessarily most of his battles. It took three rounds to beat Crocodile. He ran away from Smoker during the first half since he couldn't lay a finger on him (except during Alabast where he accidentally knocked him through multiple buildings along with Ace. lol) He lost a lot during the Sabaody Archipelago and Marineford arcs yet made a huge comeback in the New World. That is what Ash needs, a situation where he can back a huge comeback as a respectable trainer. Pikachu is his most used Pokemon, we can't have him losing to newbie Pokemon from other regions considering the amount of battling experience he has had since setting off from Pallet Town all those many years ago.

ask me anything 10-05-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiegel (Post 2139259)

LOL, that was kinda messed up. It was like a cross between a one sided pit bull fight, and surprise butt sex.

platinumrug 10-08-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiegel (Post 2139273)
Couldn't agree more. Going off from your Kotaku link, I agree that having a character win battles all the time can get boring and predictable but the same can be said about the opposite. If anything, it would have a worse effect on the character, basically saying "I suck when it really matters."

Mix it up a bit. Having him win more than one tournament (Ash actually did win during the Orange League). Take a page out of the current most popular shonen series in Japan now, One Piece. Luffy doesn't necessarily most of his battles. It took three rounds to beat Crocodile. He ran away from Smoker during the first half since he couldn't lay a finger on him (except during Alabast where he accidentally knocked him through multiple buildings along with Ace. lol) He lost a lot during the Sabaody Archipelago and Marineford arcs yet made a huge comeback in the New World. That is what Ash needs, a situation where he can back a huge comeback as a respectable trainer. Pikachu is his most used Pokemon, we can't have him losing to newbie Pokemon from other regions considering the amount of battling experience he has had since setting off from Pallet Town all those many years ago.

Couldn't agree more, it also sucks that they got rid of Gary so early on in the show. I feel as if Gary kept Ash wanting to fight for more, to become a better trainer. Now I feel as if all Ash does is go around to the new regions and get his ass kicked. Not to mention team rocket's fucking lame ass, they pretty much ruined the show for me. Literally, the exact same shit happens in almost every episode. They should at LEAST do everyone a flavor and introduce some of the other teams like from the manga or from the video games you know? But yeah, Ash needs to win something, at least let him win in this new region, let's not worf pikachu for the millionth time. Pikachu should be like level 100,000 by all the experience he has in all of these regions.

Vengeance 10-08-2013 04:07 PM

I felt like I was watching someone play the pokemon games. kind of cool better than the main anime anyway.