Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Shingeki no Kyojin 52 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=205612)

Numinous 12-08-2013 05:28 PM

Shingeki no Kyojin 52

Here it is!

Want answers about Historia and the Wall Church? Nope, more questions for you!

jekyl_hyde 12-09-2013 09:01 PM

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 2140626)
Here it is!

This manga is already on that "Naruto" down turn for me. I'm going to be patient, but it's hard to be when FSJ is steam rolling like it is.

Shrike 12-09-2013 10:59 PM

Translation being horrendous aside, I seriously didn't understand shit what was happening. Did they just say that they should kill a woman and a child because they might be found by someone? So, we don't want you to be found, let's just slay you like pigs, is that it? Maybe it's just me, I am tired as shit, and tbh SNK started to really get on my nerves once I found that Eren could control the titans, so maybe my attention is waning. Besides, the releases are rare, too, so maybe it's that.

Scientia 12-10-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 2140626)
Here it is!

Haha, I think Isayama does this whole secrecy thing pretty well, giving us bits and pieces here, but not only that, giving the impression that he knows exactly how those bits and piece relate to the bigger picture because he has the main workings of his universe all figured out already.

But I hope when things are revealed he kind of regurgitates all of the bits of evidence back up and then baby feeds it all back to us in one sitting. I just don't want to have to take notes on piece of paper while re-reading the manga to piece together everything when it's all said and done. Or maybe I do for the sake of realism with regards to the story, I don't know.

That aside, goddamn Historia knows fuck all. xD
At least for now she does. >_>

Though there was this:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/s...er+051&page=17

Made me think she knew something about the secrets of the wall/titan(s) within them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrike (Post 2140641)
Did they just say that they should kill a woman and a child because they might be found by someone? So, we don't want you to be found, let's just slay you like pigs, is that it?

I'm not entirely sure what they would have done if the lord hadn't renounced his affiliation with them. And there's also the unknown regarding why Historia's birth was so bad. Maybe they were a secret from whoever those group of men were in the first place, or maybe it was okay as long as they stayed away from the main family, as for why: who the fuck knows. We also know for some reason what the lord did- inviting them (or at least Historia) to live with him wasn't allowed

Regardless this is all I got from that scene: The lord renounced his affiliation with them: they therefore aren't supposed to exist: Hence, they die. The lord obviously had enough leverage in this situation to prevent the death of Historia, as long as, in her own way, she stops existing. I don't think there was necessarily any definitive indication of "the reason you can't exist is so people can't find out about you- therefore you shouldn't exist"...but maybe, still a possibility.

It was also kind of weird because the mother was renouncing her connection with the kid, but not necessarily with the father- though she was scared of him, and then that gave the group of men the idea for pretending they didn't even exist. I don't know man, the shit was just weird. Depending on the motivations it could actually be made to make sense, but we don't know these things. Definitely, with the proper translation, no one said anything about the problem with what the Lord was doing was the fact that no one could find out about them: The only mentioning about finding out about them was after the affiliation had be broken when they said "no one knows anything about you" which I think was as if to say : "you don't actually exist now that you have no affiliation, so naturally no one could possibly know anything about you- someone who doesn't exist" you know, like a playing dumb type of thing. This could be the reason they were giving for being able to kill them, not necessarily the reason FOR killing them. "We're not killing you because no one knows anything about you and we'd like to keep it that way so no one finds out about you, everyone here already knows about you but we're going to pretend like we don't know you because you no longer have any affiliation, since you don't have affiliation- it's okay to kill you, you die. Or whatever (become a different person). Maybe it's both, who knows.

ask me anything 12-11-2013 12:57 AM

http://readms.com/r/attack_on_titan/52/2175/2

A much better translation. The dialogue makes sense now. The reason for Hanji shaking that assholes hand was to check it for cuts from punching Nick. Historia's father gave her a different last name from himself in order to save her life.

Either Historia or her father must have been under constant surveillance the whole time for those guys to have showed up out of the blue like that. I wonder if the powers behind the scenes were perhaps expecting her to do something, and if it has any relation to Eren's ability. I believe Eren's father might be part of that group, and that for him to give Eren his current powers via an injection there must have been prototype test subjects before him...hint hint.

LonelyNinja 12-11-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrike (Post 2140641)
...SNK started to really get on my nerves once I found that Eren could control the titans...

I don't really have a problem with this because it's alluded to in previous chapters, particularly when Titan Annie calls the Titans to eat her out. Eren should have similar abilities to the other human Titans, if not all of them. I'll agree that Eren being some "Titan child of destiny" is lame, but the pacing of SnK is much better than others (fuck you, Naruto). I'm just glad we're not left with any major cliffhangers after each chapter (fuck you, Naruto/Berserk).

Scientia 12-12-2013 12:34 AM

Yeah I was going to say something about that, but then there was the whole fact that Eren is different because he's the "coordinate" or whatever the fuck.

At the same time though, I don't think the author is going for "special child of destiny" or anything like that, more so that Eren just got lucky since whoever the coordinate is was based on luck (just the impression I got from Riener's surprise that Eren had it)- like, it manifests randomly. Or maybe it wasn't luck and was given to him by his father.... I guess that'd be pretty Naruto-ishy.

Also also also, there might be a difference between the titans that Eren controlled/the one's made from Connie's village, and the one's outside the wall, since the author went out of his way to have the character say something like: "all we know for sure is that most likely the titans that attacked us today were made from humans." Of course maybe they are just being rigorously logical/don't like the idea of it, but maybe it's a hint there's more to titans than that. Which could also mean Eren might only be able to control purely human-made titans (if there is such a distinction- also not to be confused with humans who can turn into titans and back). Also the monkey titan seemed like he could control the fuck out of those titans as well, so Eren doesn't seem too special.

jekyl_hyde 12-12-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scientia (Post 2140730)
Also the monkey titan seemed like he could control the fuck out of those titans as well, so Eren doesn't seem too special.

The monkey titan was boss. To run the parallel of SnK and Naruto, the mt to me seems like a legit Madara. I mean he looked at Eren and his group and was like, "I'm not going to waste my time with you little piss ants." Hopefully he's that strong and sinister enough to back that up.