Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Series (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Dosu theory (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=22346)

Dosu 10-30-2006 02:24 PM

Dosu theory

Alright, I've been harping about this practically since my initial membership of NL, and I've decided to shed some light on my theory, rather then just ranting about it.

Anyone who has been here a while and has encountered me on NL may have overheard my incesant ranting about this, But to all of you who havn't, my theory is this- DOSU ISN'T DEAD GODDAMNIT!!! ahem...Now for a while I have recievied ridicule and disheartening questions about my choice of favorite character, and thats fine to an extent, I've bitched plenty about that already, thats not what this thread it about. Rather this thread has come into existance to shed some light on why I honselty belive that Dosu, my favorite character in the series of Naruto is in fact, still alive.

although my initial theory was probably formed more out of undirected hope then anything else, as I went back and watched the older episodes (in particular the ones with Dosu and his team) I began to notice certain things, things that I had overlooked, but with just a bit of undirected hope to add to my momentum, these things began to come together, eventually forming the bass elements of my theory. I submit to you now, the major reasons to witch I acredit my theory.

Reason 1) The matter of character importance- the first is actually pretty obvious, and that is the matter of actual importance seemingly put on Dosu, although no backround was ever given to him such as with Zaku, while watching the prior episodes it becomes evidant that his character weighs heavier then his teammates, he was the only one out of his team to figure out Orochimaru's ambitions, he easily stood out more then Zaku or Kin, and although his teammates were equally devious, Dosu set the standard amounst his team from the moment he swung at Kabuto and took him down. There are more issues, but many of them have to do with other reasons.

Reason 2) Uncanny Knowlege- So Dosu was an unimportant character ment to die from the start huh? completely unconsequencal? Then how do you acount for his seemingly uncanny knowlege of subjects that were unknown even amoungst his own team? For example, how exactly did Dosu know of the curse seals when he encountered Sasuke in the Death Forest? neither Kin nor Zaku seemed to have any pre-existing knowlege of the seals, that implies privilaged information does it not? Why would only he have knowlege of the seals but the rest of his team be left in the dark? This reason goes even farther into my theory when you consider the possible reasons he would have this knowlege, it's true he could have just come about this knowlege through here-say or other trivial means, but honsetly, does Orochimaru seem like the type to let secrets get out so easily, I personally think it's more likely that Dosu himself was a canidate for the curse seal process, if he hadn't undergone it already.

Reason 3) An element of mystery- So who was Dosu Kinuta really? few people even know his last name, let alone any of his history. With Zaku we saw a glimpse of his past, we had an idea of his goals and ideals, Kin was farely left alone, but one might see that as her just being a limited character to begin with...In any case, Dosu was just the right combination of mystery and importance, very little was ever revealed about him, why is he covered in bandages for instance? where did orochimaru find him? How did he obtain his postion of leadership amoung his team (honselty, you Zaku is going to let someone lead him without good reason?) Almost nothing is revealed about, and yet there he was, just hunched over, bandage clad, one eye exposed, and gauntlet gleaming and cracked. I find it hard to belive that such a uniqe character even amoung the many naruto characters would be so easily dismissed as to send him against Gaara and have him killed with a singal blow.

Reason 4) A questional death to say the least- It's true, few people in Naruto can kill like Gaara, with his desert coffin attack he can instantly kill even powerfull opponants, but honestly, ask yourself, did the whole series of events on the rooftop add up? First off, as I mentioned above Dosu seemed far to uniqe to kill off in such a wasted mannor, why throw away such a promising character? one might come to the conclusion that it was all to add to Gaara's image and mystery, but i don't buy it, it was evidant in his fight with Lee that Gaara was no one to be overlooked, why go the extra mile? I say thee didn't rather they added to Dosu's image instead, and gave him a far greater format to work off of. 2nd, lets examine the whole thing shall we? Dosu encounters Gaara on the rooftop in attempt to kill him, so as to move closer to Sasuke, thusly proving that he isn't just a pawn, Gaara then goes shukkaku crazy and seemingly one shots Dosu, whats wrong with this picture? First off, why would Dosu, someone who is obviously of some tactical ability attack Gaara after the demonstration he put on while fighting Lee, Dosu is pretty smart, he high tailed it out of there when Sasuke went curse seal, so why would do such a foolish thing as to challenge Gaara of all people? This seems to hokkey for me, I won't deney the fact that went there, and that such events traspired, but it just doesn't sit right with me. Second, why was no body found of Dosu? Naruto tends to make a point of finding the courpses of the dead in the series, why not Dosu, no one ever found even so much as his gauntlet, witch was apperantly not destroyed by Gaara's attack, that just leads me to belive that he actually escaped .

anyway, I have more, but I have to go for now.

Denniz 10-30-2006 02:26 PM

Re: Dosu theory

nice theory, but he is dead. let him rest in peace...

Peralisc[TGS] 10-30-2006 02:36 PM

Hm , but if he ran away then where would he run? O_o I mean he is just a servant of Orochimaru , why didn't they show his face afterwards?
I think you're probably right , because this would make the story more interesting ... but still , the fight didn't took long , you can see it in the episode. It just shows the scene where Dosu asks what are you and after that it gets silent and Kabuto and the other creepy guy are blabling about ...

ChojiMullet 10-30-2006 02:39 PM

I think your theary is good but in the event that he servived Gaara I think he most certinly would be the sacriface for the body resurection of what we can presume was the 4th in the battle between 3rd and Oro. So if you think he survived gaara take comfort in knowing that he got the honnor of being the sacrifise to be the strongest hokage. And that is impressive you would need a strong ninja to do the dead 4th justice.

I always asomed ther was no body because Racoon Gaara ATE it. At least that is what it lead me to belive.

| | Hiro | | 10-30-2006 02:45 PM

Im pretty sure the guy is dead, no role for this guy anymore . Orc already has Sasuke.
It wouldn't make sense for him to just come back.

but then is he of any importance to Kishimoto? I doubt.

Peralisc[TGS] 10-30-2006 02:49 PM

No , actualy the 4ths body couldn't be resurected ...
And we could see in the fight only the 2nd and the 1st resurected!

| | Hiro | | 10-30-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peralisc[TGS] (Post 802420)
No , actualy the 4ths body couldn't be resurected ...
And we could see in the fight only the 2nd and the 1st resurected!

Who even said its the 4th?

Denniz 10-30-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by | | Hiro | | (Post 802424)

you should be able to understand that from sarutobi's words. he said he must do something about the third summon. and he knew who were summoned before they came out of the summoning chests, so we can assume he knew it was yondaime.

Peralisc[TGS] 10-30-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by | | Hiro | | (Post 802424)

That's what i understood from chouji's reply ...

Quote:

So if you think he survived gaara take comfort in knowing that he got the honnor of being the sacrifise to be the strongest hokage. And that is impressive you would need a strong ninja to do the dead 4th justice.

| | Hiro | | 10-30-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denniz (Post 802435)
you should be able to understand that from sarutobi's words. he said he must do something about the third summon. and he knew who were summoned before they came out of the summoning chests, so we can assume he knew it was yondaime.

Who knows, it could be anybody. But yeah we can "assume" it was the 4th.

UchihaTaijiya 10-30-2006 03:01 PM

Well, no one ever said it was the 4th, but I assumed it was... ::shrugs::

And about Dosu going back to Orochimaru... why would he? Especially after he discovered that Orochimaru was just using him and his teammates.

^.^ I don't really have a stand on the issue, as it's an interesting theory and Dosu is a unique character. He could be dead, and he could be alive. I dunno... first I'd like to see more of your theory (Dosu) on how Dosu would fit into what's going on now. ^.^

Fadedblack 10-30-2006 06:49 PM

awesome theorical ideas..but who really cares about dosu i think he was used to prove how powerful was with the shukaku because dosu was made out as a character that was smart and cunning the likes of who could stand up to regular gaara..but it was showing how unbelievable the power of the shukaku could be..anyways very very well done but he would have shown his face by now..at least i think so

ITzANIllUZion 10-30-2006 07:06 PM

Dosu is %100 dead...just let your Dosu fanboy-ness go now

ChojiMullet 10-30-2006 07:48 PM

dont say that parts of him could be organinc waste in Gaara's Toilet some where. So some chemistry freaks would say that as long as their are some carbon componds then the organic mass has at least some property of life.

SabakuTaiso06 10-30-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Reason 1) The matter of character importance- the first is actually pretty obvious, and that is the matter of actual importance seemingly put on Dosu, although no backround was ever given to him such as with Zaku, while watching the prior episodes it becomes evidant that his character weighs heavier then his teammates, he was the only one out of his team to figure out Orochimaru's ambitions, he easily stood out more then Zaku or Kin, and although his teammates were equally devious, Dosu set the standard amounst his team from the moment he swung at Kabuto and took him down. There are more issues, but many of them have to do with other reasons.

Reason 2) Uncanny Knowlege- So Dosu was an unimportant character ment to die from the start huh? completely unconsequencal? Then how do you acount for his seemingly uncanny knowlege of subjects that were unknown even amoungst his own team? For example, how exactly did Dosu know of the curse seals when he encountered Sasuke in the Death Forest? neither Kin nor Zaku seemed to have any pre-existing knowlege of the seals, that implies privilaged information does it not? Why would only he have knowlege of the seals but the rest of his team be left in the dark? This reason goes even farther into my theory when you consider the possible reasons he would have this knowlege, it's true he could have just come about this knowlege through here-say or other trivial means, but honsetly, does Orochimaru seem like the type to let secrets get out so easily, I personally think it's more likely that Dosu himself was a canidate for the curse seal process, if he hadn't undergone it already.

Reason 3) An element of mystery- So who was Dosu Kinuta really? few people even know his last name, let alone any of his history. With Zaku we saw a glimpse of his past, we had an idea of his goals and ideals, Kin was farely left alone, but one might see that as her just being a limited character to begin with...In any case, Dosu was just the right combination of mystery and importance, very little was ever revealed about him, why is he covered in bandages for instance? where did orochimaru find him? How did he obtain his postion of leadership amoung his team (honselty, you Zaku is going to let someone lead him without good reason?) Almost nothing is revealed about, and yet there he was, just hunched over, bandage clad, one eye exposed, and gauntlet gleaming and cracked. I find it hard to belive that such a uniqe character even amoung the many naruto characters would be so easily dismissed as to send him against Gaara and have him killed with a singal blow.

Reason 4) A questional death to say the least- It's true, few people in Naruto can kill like Gaara, with his desert coffin attack he can instantly kill even powerfull opponants, but honestly, ask yourself, did the whole series of events on the rooftop add up? First off, as I mentioned above Dosu seemed far to uniqe to kill off in such a wasted mannor, why throw away such a promising character? one might come to the conclusion that it was all to add to Gaara's image and mystery, but i don't buy it, it was evidant in his fight with Lee that Gaara was no one to be overlooked, why go the extra mile? I say thee didn't rather they added to Dosu's image instead, and gave him a far greater format to work off of. 2nd, lets examine the whole thing shall we? Dosu encounters Gaara on the rooftop in attempt to kill him, so as to move closer to Sasuke, thusly proving that he isn't just a pawn, Gaara then goes shukkaku crazy and seemingly one shots Dosu, whats wrong with this picture? First off, why would Dosu, someone who is obviously of some tactical ability attack Gaara after the demonstration he put on while fighting Lee, Dosu is pretty smart, he high tailed it out of there when Sasuke went curse seal, so why would do such a foolish thing as to challenge Gaara of all people? This seems to hokkey for me, I won't deney the fact that went there, and that such events traspired, but it just doesn't sit right with me. Second, why was no body found of Dosu? Naruto tends to make a point of finding the courpses of the dead in the series, why not Dosu, no one ever found even so much as his gauntlet, witch was apperantly not destroyed by Gaara's attack, that just leads me to belive that he actually escaped .
1) I beg to differ. I dont think he was important at all. He finds out that all he and his team were were pawns being used to test Sasuke's power. He wasn't important at all.

2) I think Dosu only knew of the things that Orochimaru wanted him to know. He was a pawn and nothing more. If he was so knowledgable, why didnt he know that Kabuto was his ally? They both served under Orochimaru, so they should of at least seen each other. This shows that Orochimaru did not put a lot of trust or faith or importance on this guy because he had not even met Kabuto.

3)First off, we dont know if he was killed with a "single blow". He could have fought valiantly, we dont know. Secondly, the whole mysteriousness thing is just you fandom making more of it than it should be. (no offense meant :p )
Just because a lot is not known about his past, that doesn't mean he couldn't have died. I think the fact that Kishi didn't delve into his past further proves that he was a simple pawn.

4)ok, this one might get long. I think Dosu was trying to get to Sasuke faster because he wanted to prove to Orochimaru that he was stronger and not just a pawn. He was trying to prove to himself and Oro that he wasn't just a pawn. As for dosu being too smart and tactical to go face gaara like that, he didnt know that the shukaku was in him and that it was so powerful. He probably truly thought it out and figured that his sound was faster than Gaara's sand. Tactically thinking, he might have thought that he was able to hit Lee, and Lee was able to hit Gaara, so his sound must be fast enough to hit Gaara. Doesnt he say something like," Do you think your sand is faster than sound?" just curious. As for him not being able to be "1 hit KO'ed." Lets analyse this situation. I would argue that Sasuke's Cursed Seal 1 is a lot more powerful than Dosu. Otherwise, why would he have ran. WEll, the Shukaku (not even at full form) OWNED!!!! Sasuke's CS 1. Shukaku> CS1 Sasuke> Dosu One hit KO on that guy is totally plausible. As for his body not being found. Remember the first guy who fought gaara in the forest? he literally turned that guy into blood. He could crush Dosu into a spec of dust, especially in shukaku form. The fact that no one looked or found his body could also be used to FURTHER argue his status as just a pawn.

This is just my opinion and I think it is pretty sound. I might have messed up something or missed something. Anyway, there is no logical room in this story for Dosu anymore. If he was alive, he might try to kill Sasuke or Oro, but would be thrown aside like a rag doll so why bother? Sorry to break the news. R.I.P Dosu