Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ~ In for a good, long read? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=22350)

Nuerhachi Niru 10-30-2006 06:50 PM

~ In for a good, long read?

No matter how you look at it, life is strange. Very strange.

For example: its an indisputable fact that we are all made of the precise same substance as the most intelligent, creative, magnificent life-forms in the entire universe. Furthermore, we are composed of the exact same atomic matter as the mightiest mountains on this planet and the brightest stars in the galaxy.

Of course, this is also true for potatoes, snails, and meatloaf- perhaps that's why there's so much about life that doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Why are we so overly impressed by and obssessed with objects and achievements of immense scale, when it is actually the tiny little things that, when put together, make big things possible?

Why do we get so hung up on what we don't agree on, when in fact it's our differences that make life interesting?

After all, half the world is upside down, so there's absolutely no reason why we would agree on everything. Even something as basic and profound as "Don't chew with your mouth open" is not as widely accepted as you might think.

Why do we feel drawn together as a species, yet we steadily build up defensive barriers around our innermost feelings and beliefs so we can never be truly close to anyone?

Perhaps the confusion arises because life is not always what it seems. As a species we are obssessed with superficial appearance. We all have filters on, so we mostly see only what we want to see. When you finally open your eyes, you may be shocked at the obscured way you have been veiwing the world to suit you own little plans.

With those filters removed, you can take a closer look into yourself and ask objective questions about the universe and your place in it. In other words, investigate the meaning of life.
So what is life all about? Well, you often hear that "life is a journey," but a journey to where exactly? Some people say that life is all about acquiring knowledge.

There are those who say that life has no purpose; it just "is". Whoa! That's just so "deep"!
Then there are the people who say that we're simply here to have a family. After all, the desperate need to replace ourselves is etched into the genetic map of every living thing. However, this means that our entire existence is driven by our primitive sexual urges. Okay, sure, a long weekend maybe, but our entire existence? I don't think so.

In fact I'll let you in on a little secret...
ALL THESE IDEAS SOUND WRONG.

The only theme that resonates throughout the numerous popular life theories is love. Love, in all its fragile forms, is the one powerful, enduring force that brings real meaning to our everyday lives.

Of Course, I'm not talking about romantic, "kissy-kissy" love, although that is pretty powerful stuff in itself. It's well documented that a broken heart feels far more painful than squeezing lemon juice over a deep paper cut.

But the love I mean is the fire that burns inside us all, the inner warmth that prevents our soul from freezing in the winters of despair. It's the love of life itself.

It's the voice that says "Celebrate Life! Be creative!" It brings with it the passion and understanding that some things in life are worth dying for, but there is so much more worth living for. This love of life leads us to help others simply because it feels great to contribute to those around us. But as good as it sounds, and as much as "you're here to live the life you love" rings true, it still brings up a whole pile of sticky questions.

Specifically: Why exactly are you here? What is it that you truly love?

People who don't ask themselves these questions invariably go through life wondering why it isn't a lot more fun.

They often feel left behind or they can't quite put it into words, but they sense something just smells funny. The truth is that often we're so focused on what we are doing that we lose sight of where we are going.

But what are we actually doing? The modern world is filled with questionable distractions, deadlines and priorities. Day and night blur into one. We get caught up in an avalanche of fears and desires that propel us into a race we can't possibly win. So we rush, rush, rush to get a certain ideal point in our life, and then what?

It's just like when you drive all the way to the store, get out of the car and then can't remember what you came for.

So many of us start off dreaming about a wonderful life that is wild and free, but that's usaully a long way from where we actually end up. Sadly, we often discover this fact right at the end, when it's too late. You can't start all over again.

And let me tell you, there are some awfully bad feelings in this world. Like "bubbles in the bath" guilt, "pungent foot odor in the shoe store" embarrassment, and "I can't believe I did that on the first date" anxiety.

But of all the awful feelings that make you feel sick to your stomach, nothing feels half as bad as knowing you had a chance to do what you truly love, and you didn't take it. So what is your life passion? What were you put on this earth to do? The answer to these questions will unlock the great mystery of life; it's as big as they come.

Here are a few hints to get on the right track:
First, no one is going to tell you about it. It's like walking around all day with a sign on your back that says, "Kick Me". You must discover it for yourself.

It's also highly unlikely that one day you'll suddenly be bathed in bright light and your life's purpose will be laid out in a divine vision, and it's guaranteed that you won't find it on television.

The best way is to spend some quality time alone, asking yourself the tough questions. This exercise is not that hard, and it's all about being honest. It's as easy as "Raise your hand if you feel you could get more out of life." It's also about getting to the essence of what really matters. Never mind who moved your cheese- ask yourself why you were looking for cheese in the first place!

For some people this will simply be a case of seeking out the moments in their life that are beautiful and true and then building a plan around them. For others it may feel like staring into an abyss.

In extreme cases, such intense introspection may cause the brain to swell to dangerous dimensions. Trust me, it's worth the risk. If you ask the big questions and listen carefully to your heart, you will eventually hear a destiny call you.

ROAD-NINJA-GIRL 10-30-2006 07:20 PM

Re: ~ In for a good, long read?

you DON'T NEED love to be able to live, however it does help.

Life as a journey..............I've heard that alot.....................what ever life is, it can get pretty hard!!!!!!!!!! Life is what you have, so enjoy it while you have it, you only have one life to live!

-My opinion

Haku2099 10-31-2006 07:31 PM

deep, thoughtful, and not overly optimistic.
congrads.
I think your veiws are rather interesting.

ShinobiKnight 10-31-2006 08:20 PM

Thoughtful and inquistive. I liked that it was neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I do want more out of my life, so I'm going to try this out.

Nuerhachi Niru 11-01-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROAD-NINJA-GIRL (Post 802698)
you DON'T NEED love to be able to live, however it does help.

Life as a journey..............I've heard that alot.....................what ever life is, it can get pretty hard!!!!!!!!!! Life is what you have, so enjoy it while you have it, you only have one life to live!

-My opinion

The Love of Life is needed in order to live. -_o
Remember that Pete, remember that.

Try it. Cause teh Hobbes said so. xP

ShinobiKnight 11-01-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuerhachi Niru
The Love of Life is needed in order to live. -_o
Remember that Pete, remember that.

Try it. Cause teh Hobbes said so. xP

You know, now that I think about it, that kind of sounds like the guy from Saw. "Those who don't appreciate life don't deserve it..."

Nuerhachi Niru 11-01-2006 10:01 PM

Naaaah. o.o""

This is a more peaceful way of doing it...without bloodshed. xO
People have more reason to live than to die.

Narutobaka 11-02-2006 02:32 AM

I like what you wrote, even if it was a bit long. XD

I also try to instill the feeling of thankfulness in my family. I am thankful for a roof over my head, the food I eat, that my family is whole and happy. I never want to feel that I'm making my children think a certain way and that they're allowed to use their imaginations. Foxx is in love with anything mythical. He also says he's going to be a rock star astronaut that moonlights as a paleontologist matador on the weekends. I never want my fmaily to have regrets about anything and try to have a motto of try everything at least once. I also don't feel that money will ake your problems go away, they just bring in a new set of problems. To not work so hard that you can't remember the last time you had a day off or how old your children are( I have friends like this)!
My biggest thing is to take life and run with it. Meet as many people as possible, try anything and everything you want to no matter how embarrasing, because you only live once so go for all the gusto!

kakashi super saiyyan 4 11-12-2006 06:57 AM

interseting....and looooooooooong

Nuerhachi Niru 11-30-2006 12:21 AM

Meh. Hightens you reading ability, don't it?

Miburo 11-30-2006 01:24 AM

Your name wouldn't happen to be Bradley Trevor Grieve, would it OP?

If not, you could at least give credit when credit is due....

Besides, why would you want to take credit for such convincing counter-arguments like:

Quote:

In fact I'll let you in on a little secret...
ALL THESE IDEAS SOUND WRONG. (The original author says "completely stupid" instead of wrong, by the way)
?

Way to shoot those other ideas down, Mr. Grieve. >.>

kluang 11-30-2006 05:37 AM

Very thoughtfull. Intersting view.

I'm gonna be thankful for everything and make my life to the fullest.

Jinchuuriki16 11-30-2006 06:32 AM

Apart from the small fonts that almost made me cry squinching my eyes.. kinda cool.. make me think about lotsa stuff.. thks.. very good.. live life to its fullest ya'll...

Kekkei Genkai 11-30-2006 07:20 AM

Hmmm, well, finally someone had enough sense to put their philosophical views on life to some people. Well put. Explains just about everything essential. But you forgot love. Without love, then you've got no life. But other than that, it's very good.