Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anbu Questions (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=22959)

Invisible01x 11-16-2006 08:34 AM

Anbu Questions

Hello all :)

before I start with the thread really, I make some things clear (because at least at the beginning people usually read *grins* :P)

First: I did use the search and found some veeery old threads, so make a new one cause bumping bad there *nods*
And since it's about Anbu'Questions some things which I noticed when reading through these old threads:
- Please do not start discussions about "If the purple'haired Anbu is 'Rin' (from Kakashi'Gaiden)" or "If the same Anbu and Hayate were a couple".
I do mention that because when I read through old threads I noticed that nearly all of them ended in exactly these discussions and the topic 'Anbu' was no more important there. *nods*
And one last thing: My questions are regarding the 'normal' Anbus, so not the part within it where Sai came from ("Roots") cause this seems quite different from other Anbus...

-----------------------------------------

So now I come to the thread itself, hehe.

During watching the episodes I came up with a few questions I could not answer somehow about the Anbus - I guess cause they're just a sidepart of the Anime.
So maybe someone has nice ideas or even answers - I'm kinda new to this so may miss some info'places about these things.

Anbu's "normal" life...
- I wonder alot how the Anbus are in their freetime. I mean: You always see them hiding behind masks, so how much are they 'really' known when they have freetime.
Are they like most normal shinobis who meet old (none'Anbu) friends and do fun'stuff, or are they kinda totally trained on being Anbu so they broke up everything but being an Anbu and so hardly have contact to others "None'Anbus"...

- Compared to this I wonder alot how much are they even 'allowed' to show "I'm an Anbu".
Like: Are they allowed to wear their Anbu'clothes "without" the mask?
Example: Hayate (Examiner of the Preliminary'Matches of the Chuunin'Exam) seemed to be in the Anbu, but at the Exam he wore the normal Chuunin'clothes, so they're not allowed to wear normal Anbu'clothes without the mask when showing themselves to others?
("Wear all or nothing of Anbu'clothes")

- Another thing here are as well the names:
Why are some allowed to use their normal names and some others are not?
Example here again Hayate who used his normal name as it seems, but "Tenzou" who has to call himself "Yamato" infront of others (Kakashi only knows cause he was in Anbu a while, too...)

So I wonder alot are they like some people of some spy'movies where they are forced to live a double'life (show noone you're Anbu when you're not on mission) or are they somehow totally seperated in their life as Anbu and as normal person...
Or if they're just normal like normal shinobies in their freetime and have their friend under none'Anbus as well they spend time together then.

I know a good answer about this I guess is "Itachi was Anbu and he acted all normal"... well yes but you only saw him around hiw own family and his other anbu'comrades, so you actually hardly saw anything about how he was to other none'anbus besides family.

I do know as well that most things can only be answered by own opinions, since Anbu are just a sidepart in the story, but I'm curious anyways what it could be in their normal freetime.
E.g. the one person you saw without mask yet (the Anbu with the long purple hair; yeees my name'memory is bad, heh) you only saw 'normal' in the Funeral of the 3rd Hokage yet, but don't kno wif that tells everything already... so you never see her just 'walking in the streets' or so

unnoted 11-16-2006 02:34 PM

Re: Anbu Questions

Maybe anyone in the village will know that your an ANBU member, Like Itachi's family. THe only secret on this is the IDENTITY of the person who execute a certain missions, like assasination and other suffs that questions the morality of the goal. All people may know that you are an ANBU member, but they dont know anything what missions you had particitpated.

itachiuchiha 11-16-2006 05:24 PM

i think people would know because eventualy it would be wierd not being around all the time..and id think they know if they were on a mission or somthin

dflynchimp 11-16-2006 05:31 PM

I agree with unnoted that the identities of the ANBU may be known but they cover their faces so as to remain anonymous to the missions they carry out

GAma_Oyabun 11-16-2006 08:13 PM

i think tenzou is yamato's first name.. yamato tenzou..or the other way around. anbu are just like a secret police. they do undercover things and are a different branch from regular ninja. i dont think it was specified that they were all jonin level, so we dont know.

MajinX 11-16-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun (Post 832759)
i think tenzou is yamato's first name.. yamato tenzou..or the other way around. anbu are just like a secret police. they do undercover things and are a different branch from regular ninja. i dont think it was specified that they were all jonin level, so we dont know.

Im not sure but i thought tenzou was not a name, and its just what kakashi calls yamato... and btw Gama, yamato is not his real name so it cant be his first name nor last name.

And to the post, i dont think hayate was an ANBU or may have been a ex ANBU since he is pretty weak after getting sick, so it was alright for ppl to call him hayate and stuff like that, i mean kakashi was a ex ANBU and ppl call him and know him as kakashi. And seriously, shinobi's are already very secretive except for a few eceptions like naruto and the other youngsters, the other ninjas dont go around saying OH IM ON A KILL (insert name) MISSION TODAY, like when sometimes gai or kakashi dissappears for a mission, he doesnt tell anyone, he doesnt even tell his subordinates and he doesnt say anything of the mission, and know one really askes coz ur a ninja, everyone already knows what kind of missions you do, whats the point of asking for specific details, SOOO in conclusion ANBU can live their life normally and no one would say anything, like an ANBU can just go, im off for a mission dad and leave. Either he left for a normal mission or ANBU mission no1 knows since only the hokage and his committee thingy has records.

dflynchimp 11-16-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun (Post 832759)

I thought Yamato was just the code name

ChojiMullet 11-16-2006 10:55 PM

I think it depends. I think the older generation might know the ANBU but the young i think has now clue. I belive that due to deduction of who they know in their class. So even if their family had a ANBU they might not know just because they would not see them on she missions. They may even blend as a non ninja if they did not know.

Rokudaime Syah 11-20-2006 02:27 AM

yea, yamato is just a code name.. i thought kakashi already saying his name when naruto training.. ANBU is like secret team that only hokage know their identity..

Jinchuuriki16 11-20-2006 08:51 AM

ANBU is like the S.W.A.T team for a village. kinda like that.. Appear normal when outside.. Maybe only those belonging in clans would let their clan know that they are in ANBU or rather they have to tell. For example, their clan counsel or sumthin like that would have a list of who is in what. Anyways, yeah they have to keep thier identities a secret.. Just like the S.W.A.T.

Tobi-kun 11-22-2006 12:11 AM

i think that the ANBU are allowed to have a normal life if they dont have ANBU missions, i think only close ones can know that they are on ANBU, about the names, i think yamato san doesnt have a real name remember he was a test subject from oro, he was exposed by the shodaimes cells being a baby and the only 1 to survive, or maybe he needed a diferent name to protect his identity, the only living being to have the shodaimes limit, they use their mask to protect their identities on ANBU missions because they are usually assassination ones and they dont want grudges against them cause it was a mission not a personal Vendetta, well i ont think ANBU can wear the suit without the mask and if so only in special parts, hokage mansion, or the shinobi hero stone like we seen in the anime and manga