Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Computers (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   My computer is gone wrong (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=23953)

kentai 12-14-2006 04:28 PM

My computer is gone wrong

hey, can anyone tell me how to fix this Huge! computer problem?
The problem is that, the computer shut down by itself and then it was closing somthing. after i got the computer turned on it said this with options
"were sorry for this, but your computer may have a corrupted file or hardware". and then it gave these Five options.
Safe mode

Safe mode with Networking

Safe mode with Command Prompt

Last Saved Configuration

Start up Windows Normally
----------------------------------------------------
So Can anyone help?

OG 12-14-2006 04:39 PM

Re: My computer is gone wrong

what are your computer specs?.......[it means what type of computer it is and what it has]

kentai 12-14-2006 04:59 PM

is a emachine with windows XP

Grimmjow 12-14-2006 09:12 PM

u meant "last saved working configuration"...i would choose that....

The Great Kakashi 12-14-2006 09:25 PM

Give us a dxdiag, it will give us all your specs and stuff. Start menu > Run > dxdiag > save diagnostic. Post it ^_^. It might be helpful.

kentai 12-14-2006 09:47 PM

im not sure if these are right

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Registered to:
owner

55277-OEM-0011903-00103

eMachines
T2682
intel(R)
Celeron(R)
CPU 2.60GHz
2.59 GHz, 256 MB of RAM

naruto77 12-15-2006 07:53 AM

i dunno call the hotline i guess

Mal 12-16-2006 01:09 AM

I take it you've tried starting Windows normally, and if that didn't work then restarting in Safe Mode with Networking? If even Safe Mode doesn't work than we'll probably need more specific information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naruto77 (Post 879238)
i dunno call the hotline i guess

Must... resist urge... to comment...

shadowclone 12-16-2006 01:13 AM

Does it beep while booting up? O_o

kentai 12-19-2006 06:27 PM

i just have one thing to say thow, how come when the modem is shut down and everything the orange light is acting like is loading somthing?

drunk_sea_monkey 12-19-2006 06:40 PM

orange light.. as in on the Tower[main computer]?
The orange one is your battery... it just means its responding basically... but if its off... o.0 and still blinking. [SPOLER=] your PC was taken over by aliens and is now a zombie O_O; [/SPOILER]
Start up in safe mode without networking and do a Virus Scan...

OG 12-19-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentai (Post 886049)
i just have one thing to say thow, how come when the modem is shut down and everything the orange light is acting like is loading somthing?

so does this mean that ur computer is not in a restart loop any longer and that you can see ur desktop and everything or what?

sasuke_power 12-21-2006 10:47 AM

hmm, well i dont know if ur able to see ur desktop or if ur comp just says this everytime u start up so i'll give answers on both sides:
well if you start up your comp and it puts up that list u mentioned then first try going to ur last known good configuration- if u get to ur desktop and things seem to be ok if you have norton or any other program on ur comp to fix errors run a error fix. To be safe also run a full system diagnostics- i mean literally right clicking on every drive you have and defragmenting them and scanning them for errors- If you have WinDoctor then run this too.
Its good to be safe cuz even if your computer is working fine after clicking on go to last known good configuration- your comps only putting the error that originally messed it up in a different portion of the computer

otherwise if that still doesnt work i.e- still not able to get to desktop just go with what everyone else is saying- start it up on safe mode BUT WITHOUT NETWORKING...

it would help to know what year celeron (or type u have) and your video card.
what type and how much ram ur video card holds. also wat motherboard u have? hmm well the motherboard thing u may not be able to find out but tell me the other two
I used to have a comp with a celeron D processor but celeron always finds some way to be slow/ have errors. Also a celeron (and any processor for that matter) runs better with more ram- I suggest u uprade ur ram- u dont have to but it will help ur comp u run faster and maybe ur low on virtual memory? I dont know if u are but its always a good idea to upgrade ur ram

frzcold65 12-22-2006 04:37 PM

Your computer seems similir to mines they are both t class emachines. And if your relay desperate to fix it then use a restore disk.