Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Conspiracy Theories (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   The Barbie Conspiracy (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=27478)

Cipher 04-07-2007 01:30 AM

The Barbie Conspiracy

Do you think that barbie was really created as a gradual process to brainwash young girls to think that they had to have long blonde hair, and super model figures to be beautiful? Do you think the creators had any idea what they were doing? I think they did, but thats just"my" opinion. I'm interested in knowing what you all think about this theory.

Jagen-san 04-07-2007 01:32 AM

Re: The Barbie Conspiracy

I've been wondering the same thing for years!!!

sand_illusions 04-07-2007 01:43 AM

lols, the creator of the barbie doll was a lady named Ruth Handler, and she made them after watching her daughter Barbara play with dolls making them act like adults instead of babies!

i'll save ya some time -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie

kluang 04-07-2007 01:49 AM

There are high prob about this. But when my little sis watch the barbie movies, the movie char dance like ballet and pink and giggy wiggy....yeah. Everything is DAMN PINK!!!!! Barbie is wearing pink, the horse is pink, the guy wears a pink undies, the castle is pink. They are brain washing the girls to do ballet grow long hair become blonde and stupid, wear pink cloths. And I bet if Barbie have candies, they must be mind control candies.

Rock lee 13 04-07-2007 12:13 PM

Barbie is so Gay and Dumb. My little Cosuin watch that crap

sheik 04-11-2007 05:49 PM

I know back in the day they made the company reduce the size of the breast and give her a little more fat around the waste because parents were concerned for the children. I thought it was a bit unessesary but that is just me.

Most of the girls I knew her were obsessed with barbies as a child ended up being a bit tom boyish.

RNB 04-11-2007 06:42 PM

Barbies are as much of a problem as the radio is to your mind and your ability to listen to music along with MTV and VH1. Just joking............and I only mean about Barbies being bad for you.

How could a doll be bad? I mean seriously, by looking at a pretty girl a women could think they could have that kind of figure.

sheik 04-11-2007 09:10 PM

Next think you know they will make G.I. Joe fatter to make sure the boys don't try to take steroids to be built like that.

I think it is a bit Sexist that they think girls will get jealous of them but then they have those huge muscle bound action figures and they cause no harm to girls. Just because girls do not have as much muscle as guys doesn't mean they are stupid enough to think that they should look like a stupid toy.

Solus Bringer 04-11-2007 10:24 PM

all i have to say is.... yes

Narutobaka 04-12-2007 04:05 PM

Well, actually someone had the measuremnets of a Barbie done to life-size. The girls would be way too tall, and the stomach area would almost seem sunken in. This was the earlier Barbie dolls. They've redone them now to give them more realistic proportions. Or so they say.

How can Barbie be a bad influence now? Their faces are made tro look like they've had plastic surgery done. no more round faces and pug noses. Not to mention that today's Barbie dolls apparently shun their underwear. Even the Kelly dolls. >.>

AnticitizenOne 04-26-2007 03:42 PM

I highly doubt this. I don't think that little dolls were made to brainwash girls into having a certain figure. They certainly do make them act more stupid, all of the dumb blonde girls I know have barbie dolls that they play with. It's all so idiotic.

LonelyNinja 04-26-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher (Post 1052280)
Do you think that barbie was really created as a gradual process to brainwash young girls to think that they had to have long blonde hair, and super model figures to be beautiful? Do you think the creators had any idea what they were doing? I think they did, but thats just"my" opinion. I'm interested in knowing what you all think about this theory.

Interesting theory there. :p

Anyways:

In my opinion, it probably wasn't Mattel or Hasbro or whoever-the-hell-owns-Barbie's original intention to brain-wash little girls, but it sure does seem that way when you look at it from a few different angles. I think Barbie is supposed to be the "perfect American women" and some girls may have taken that a little too literally.

Tabris 05-01-2007 01:36 AM

i have seen the orrigional barbies, my grand mother had some. they are not as model like. i don't think int he begining it was about making girls change themselves. It seems to me that they jsut wanted to make a beautiful doll for young girls to play iwht and dream about being adults. also, they didnt' have pool party barbies and the barbie carsa dn all that jazz. she was a cooka dn she cleaned and she acted like a lady (not a skank) barbie actually used to be an encouragement towards lady like behavious, unlike the scantely clad "my scene" or "bratz" dolls children beg for these days.

Raidder 05-11-2007 01:51 AM

Considering that at the time Barbie was created (1959), Barbie was made to model the ideal women of that time(i.e. June Cleaver in "Leave it to Beaver"). However, in 1959, the ideal woman was not envisioned by women, but by men, which is still true today, to a certain degree.

As times changed, so did Barbie. She is just changing 20 years slower than the rest of the world.

In the end, though, it all comes down to appealing to the highest demographic. So, yes, I believe that while not intentional (or wholly responsible), Barbie does brainwash little girls.

Babyface BK 05-11-2007 01:03 PM

I think the whole intention of Barbie dolls were to stereotype the colour pink as a colour strictly for girls.