Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Series to end "soon"? (Lost post, big discussion) (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=28123)

XIIAxelCrossIIX 04-28-2007 12:03 PM

Series to end "soon"? (Lost post, big discussion)

Let me clarify before some insane addicts go on a rampage about me actually speaking of the end of the Naruto series. "Soon", in this thread and what we'll be discussing, can be anywhere from a year to two years, maybe less, maybe more, but I don't mean in the next week or month, I want to make that very clear. Onward to the discussion! Also, if you're one of those people that is an illiterate child that whines and pisses about long posts, don't even bother posting here, I'll simply report you for being oh so useless, spare those of us that actually like reading and discussing, puuuleze.

Well, as we've all seen in the latest chapter, 352, Sasuke's team and Naruto's team will be, very soon, going after Itachi and Akatsuki in general. The main villains of the Naruto storyline are, in a lesser part now, Orochimaru (though we can't say he's out of it, considering he's inside Sasuke, not dead, remember that, which means there is in fact a way out), and obviously, the big contenders, Akatsuki, moreover Itachi.

With things falling into place and the wheels turning, it seems as though all things will come to an end soon (remember my definition...) enough. Sasuke and Naruto will no doubt meet each other, possibly having their final talk and a possible dual, to the death or otherwise. Itachi and Sasuke will also no doubt meet, and one will die, surely, or it will end with a retreat. You see what I'm getting at here? Unless Kishimoto really wants to continue the Naruto series and extend it's life even further (debatable as a good or bad thing at this point), there will be no more enemies left after this huge showdown, unless, like I said, a retreat happens.

Now, we still have the other Akatsuki members, Orochimaru's debatable comeback, and the relationship between Itachi and Sasuke, and Naruto and Sasuke. But, in the end, I do believe that these upcoming chapters could lay out the beginning of the end for the Naruto series, it's completely dependant on what Kishimoto wants to do. But think about this: (This is just an example, don't discuss these fights in this thread!) Let's say that Itachi and Sasuke have their dual, Itachi dies, then comes the Naruto and Sasuke revival. They fight, and let's say they resolve their issues with both of them near death and they eventually work things out, just for the sake of not starting another sub-discussion (which will not be discussed here, this is just an example).

Now, after that's said and done, what's left for the enemies and such? Well, we have the rest of Akatsuki, and then the leader and the other mysterious member. That will last the series a while, however, not all that long. One could argue we still need to learn their backgrounds and such, and yes, that will take up the majority of the time, but even so, I can't see the rest of Akatsuki and the Konoha story lasting more than a year. I'd really love to see the other Konoha teams get some action and such, we haven't seen much at all in Part II so far, but I don't think Kishimoto is up to it, to be honest.

The chapters have been getting shorter and shorter, the storyline seems to be picking up drastically, as of this latest chapter, and Kishimoto has been doing this for a very, very long time. So, after reading all of that, what do you think? Do you think Naruto will continue on for years to come, or do you think the series could end in the next 2 to 3 years, maybe 4, maximum? I honestly believe it'll be ending in the next 3 years, 3 1/2 maybe. Akatsuki won't take long to take out, going off of how fast the Konoha teams are advancing, the Sasuke and Naruto story could very well end by 2007, as the same for the Sasuke and Itachi story, maybe even sooner than that. After that, there's not much left for the Naruto conflicts, unless Kishimoto creates a new one (I'd be willing to be a big sum of money that he won't). Opinions? Discussion? Cheesecake?

Antedeluvian 04-28-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Series to end "soon"? (Lost post, big discussion)

Here we go:First of all we have a long way untill the end of naruto series because we don't know anything about:akatsuki leader,the akatsuki girl,tobi,zetsu(minor things so far only that he eats dead bodies was the intresting part),karin,suigetsu and his past,uchica mandra(how then hell is that guy?),not much about jugoo too.
In addition we have the fight against itachi and sasuke which we take quite enough.Naruto should meet up sometime with sasuke too.We haven't seen anything about the new shino,kiba,neji(not much) and the other chunnin.Kabuto is a mystery too what will happen to him?The questions concerning akatsuki are toooo many...Anyways we still have a long way for the end of naruto series

XIIAxelCrossIIX 04-28-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antedeluvian (Post 1082537)
Here we go:First of all we have a long way untill the end of naruto series because we don't know anything about:akatsuki leader,the akatsuki girl,tobi,zetsu(minor things so far only that he eats dead bodies was the intresting part),karin,suigetsu and his past,uchica mandra(how then hell is that guy?),not much about jugoo too.
In addition we have the fight against itachi and sasuke which we take quite enough.Naruto should meet up sometime with sasuke too.We haven't seen anything about the new shino,kiba,neji(not much) and the other chunnin.Kabuto is a mystery too what will happen to him?The questions concerning akatsuki are toooo many...Anyways we still have a long way for the end of naruto series

Well, like I said, I'm talking 2 to 4 or 5 years, that may be long for you, for me that doesn't seem to long, and it's surely not long in terms of the manga industry. All the things you mentioned, every one of the backgrounds, those could all be fully explained and done with within a few months. Take time to discuss those in the manga, have them get things worked out, maybe a few conflicts here and there, but mainly discussing their backgrounds, as you said, and their mysterious motives, all of that could easily be done in half a year, maybe more.

Think of how fast it took to discuss Kakashi's story, a few weeks? Yes, there are still a few things missing, and there is surely more to learn, but we learned so, so much about Kakashi within a few weeks, the Kakashi Gaiden arc provided us with that. A few weeks, that's all. Take those characters, who are much, much less of an impact in the story than Kakashi, you'll have yourself a very quick flashback.

Antedeluvian 04-28-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XIIAxelCrossIIX (Post 1082541)
Well, like I said, I'm talking 2 to 4 or 5 years, that may be long for you, for me that doesn't seem to long, and it's surely not long in terms of the manga industry. All the things you mentioned, every one of the backgrounds, those could all be fully explained and done with within a few months. Take time to discuss those in the manga, have them get things worked out, maybe a few conflicts here and there, but mainly discussing their backgrounds, as you said, and their mysterious motives, all of that could easily be done in half a year, maybe more.

Think of how fast it took to discuss Kakashi's story, a few weeks? Yes, there are still a few things missing, and there is surely more to learn, but we learned so, so much about Kakashi within a few weeks, the Kakashi Gaiden arc provided us with that. A few weeks, that's all. Take those characters, who are much, much less of an impact in the story than Kakashi, you'll have yourself a very quick flashback.

hmm this is true we learn about kakashi in a few weeks.But i think the manga will end when sasuke,sakura nad naruto are adults or 20 more years old.There are a lot of thing to happen and i don't think we will learn any time soon about the leader of the akatsuki there are many battles to come also and lot of char. to die or seen in action.We didn't even know when akatsuki ws founded and why every1 joined in,i think 4 years are good don't u think?

Babyface BK 04-28-2007 12:33 PM

Look straight up Naruto is a genin the series is not likely to end until he is hokage.

XIIAxelCrossIIX 04-28-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antedeluvian (Post 1082554)
hmm this is true we learn about kakashi in a few weeks.But i think the manga will end when sasuke,sakura nad naruto are adults or 20 more years old.There are a lot of thing to happen and i don't think we will learn any time soon about the leader of the akatsuki there are many battles to come also and lot of char. to die or seen in action.We didn't even know when akatsuki ws founded and why every1 joined in,i think 4 years are good don't u think?

Yes, 4 years is very possible, but like I said, I think it's all up to what Kishimoto wants to do, if he's up for it or not. Going by what's going on right now, I think he might be getting tired of the series, tired of working on it, but I could be wrong, he might just be in a slump. Many manga-ka start to tire out around this time, around this point in a series, it's been up for a hell of a long time. Either way, "soon" might not be all that quick going for others, and it end quickly, there are still lots of things to delve into, but in terms of what's left as a whole, four years could be the maximum, I'm not sure.

XIIAxelCrossIIX 04-28-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodkid (Post 1082556)
Look straight up Naruto is a genin the series is not likely to end until he is hokage.

I'm not really sure what to say about this statement. "Straight up", I don't think that matters. Gaara was a Genin, and jumped to Hokage, the rank means nothing, it's a sub-plot to the story. Kishimoto isn't focusing on that any longer. He might chose to become a Chunin or even Jounin, but he could jump to Hokage. Rank does not matter, and even so, who says that the series won't end with Naruto not becoming Hokage? Who says Kishimoto won't end it with him staying a Genin? Just because Naruto rants about that every other line doesn't mean it will be true, fulfilling his relationship with Sasuke seems more important to him this point in the story.

XIIAxelCrossIIX 04-28-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6_NaRuTo_6 (Post 1082561)
tl;dr

Ahem, I think the series will go on for another year or so before it ends (manga anyway). Things have started to move really quickly now and unless Kishi has something bigger he is going to add after Akatsuki then it will end soon.

What's that "tl;dr", too long, didn't read? I'm confused...

Anyway, wow, that's an even shorter speculation than what I had, and even I no doubt have some people saying "NO, IT WILL NEVAR ENDDDD!" to me at this point. Well, I can definitely see it ending in a year or so, especially if Kishimoto really is getting tired of this series, which I don't think we'll ever know until the end of it all and the aftermath discussions and interviews.

EDIT: Jessum Christ, I keep forgeting about this "no double post" stuff. Sorry!

dEcCrIx 04-28-2007 12:50 PM

i know wat ur trying to say Axel... and i too felt the same way after reading chapter 352 (juz read my post at the discussions)

well i think the manga can end within the year... i honestly dont think that it will last for a couple of years much as more as 3-4 years...

many great animes such as dragonballz and one piece has extended there time in the anime/manga business because of... well business... large amounts of money is generated becoz of the extensions of this animes/manga... i hav heard that dragonball shud hav ended with the defeat of freeza but still extended becoz of its popularity and that one piece also shud hav ended sooner though i dont know how soon... my point is naruto is juz continuing becoz of the business and no longer for the fun of making it which kishi wished to be so coz i also heard that naruto shudnt hav gotten this long also...

sorry if i discussed such things... i juz want to make a point...

Antedeluvian 04-28-2007 12:55 PM

well i agree to 1 point with you guys naruto may continiue for the money and stuff.This is a possibility but choosing a quick finale isn't correct either i think.Although i would prefer a grant finale with a bloody ending from seeing naruto getting married to hinata and sasuke as his best man(meaning for a longgggg time untill the manga ends).Whatever we believe it is up to kishi for sure what will happen maybe he would get borred and release the nine tails to kill everyone(sic).

dEcCrIx 04-28-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antedeluvian (Post 1082591)
well i agree to 1 point with you guys naruto may continiue for the money and stuff.This is a possibility but choosing a quick finale isn't correct either i think.Although i would prefer a grant finale with a bloody ending from seeing naruto getting married to hinata and sasuke as his best man(meaning for a longgggg time untill the manga ends).Whatever we believe it is up to kishi for sure what will happen maybe he would get borred and release the nine tails to kill everyone(sic).

i also expect a grand finale :)

it wud really suck to see a 2nd rate, trying hard ending....

i wudnt want naruto to become like dragonball gt!

i wud want it to end like death note :) which i wud say the author is smart... even if his creation has become such a hit, he didnt lead it to shit XD he ended it quickly before becoming influenced by money...

Shrike 04-28-2007 01:20 PM

Ending...Well,I really don't know,I think it will last a year,maybe a bit longer.
I said that I like how everything is going,but actually,when I thought about it,I don't like Part II much.Part I was awesome,and it was that which drew me to become a fan of the series.Part II was good until Sai showed up...at least for me,manga started going down from that point.
Too many unexplained stuff happened which should be hinted at least.Everyone becoming so powerful is also one of the bad sides of Part II.
The story focused too much over Naruto..and nothing,he just learned a new Rasengan.I didn't see Kiba/Hinata/Shino doing something at all.Team Gai against Kisame was also not a notable action,so that team needs more action.Team Asuma had some action,but it was mostly Shikamaru,Ino was as useless as ever,which I disgust.Chouji didn't do much either.If they were so useless,they could at least died in Kakuzu fight so that we would have some more drama.

Anyway,I am talking too much.I just wanted to say that the ending may be in sight,and that Kishi is somehow speeding towards it more than I like.

sheik 04-28-2007 02:02 PM

I know what would create a longer story!!! How about Konohamaru enters the Chuunin exams or something like a JONIN EXAMS!!!!!!!!! I know it would sound like a total gimmick but it would be a bit interesting if they do it correctly.

I know the series in part 1 was awsome but went a bit stale in part 2 because less action from other teams and everyone is helluva strong now that it seems a bit ridiculous. Also I agree that it kinda started to go down a bit after sigh was introduced.

We still have a lot of lose ends in the story and Kishi said he is starting to wrap them up.

UchihaTaijiya 04-28-2007 02:34 PM

I'd say we have a year and a half at the least left... or three years at the maximum. (maybe more, if Kishimoto isn't tired of the series. There is so much he could do, so who knows)

Here are some things Kishi needs/could do before he finishes the series.

- Lee's resolution (hard work > than genius/at the very least, let him win a fight)
- Neji's resolution (with the Hyuuga clan/changing its traditions)
- Hinata's resolution (changing herself/proving her worth)
- Sai's history/see him fight
- Suigetsu's history/see him fight (maybe some flashbacks with Zabuza?)
- Juugo's history/powers/possible resolution to his murderous urges or death
- Karin's history/powers/and possibly real motive
- Deidara's history/another battle (he was introduced at the beginning of Part II and so far was the only new Akatsuki to survive.. I personally think there is a reason to that.. and he's very popular in Japan)
- Kiba and Shino both getting to show off their skills. Shino definitely, should get another fight. Since we've seen less of him... though Kiba has more ties to Naruto, so meh, who knows...
- *glances around* SasuSakuNaruHina :D or NaruSaku XD (or sadly, nothing)
- Tobi's fight/possible history
- Zetsu's fight/possible history
- Itachi/Kisame (who knows, this might not be the end for either of them)
- AL's showdown/history
- Unknown member's intro/fight/possible history
- Jiraiya, Gai, and Tsunade all might get to fight at least once before its over...
- Connection between the Kyuubi and Uchiha Clan/info on Uchiha Madara
- Team 07's reunion/Sasuke's redemption/or Sasuke's redemption and death/or ect
- Kabuto's history/real motive/plan/reappearance/whatever
- Orochimaru's soul could fuck with Sasuke/actually has a plan that Kabuto is currently getting underway (and there's a small chance Karin could be involved, since she experimented on subjects and that's Kabuto's area)
- Yondaime's connection to Naruto revealed (He is his father, dammit. XD)/at least some insight from Jiraiya on Yondaime and Naruto, something lol
- Some more good guys might die... (probably the older ones though)
- Possibly something more with Danzou and the Roots organization

And there's more. XD Who knows if its drawing to an end or not. I'm not sure. XD

YondaimeBunshin 04-28-2007 05:18 PM

I hope the story draws itself out, not with filler, but with more of the substance and storytelling that Kishi drew us in with to begin with. I do feel like it's starting the beginning of the end. I don't really care if they continue the series after its showdown and loose-end-wrap-ups in the Narutoverse, but I like a solid admirable ending vs a crappy ending and then crappy stories following after.

It might be more interesting to fans and in general if Kishi wrapped up this part and told the gaiden type stories of a bunch of the other characters. A bunch of side stories would keep the series alive and not overuse the current story. Many of the characters have stories that have been one-shotted to the point where they are over simplified. Naruto is a "person" made by many experiences where the other characters to a degree are introduced and then simplified to a single pivitol incident. Not to say that it isn't really that way, but expanding might be good. And for sure that would be something that no one would really expect from such a popular series.