Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Series (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Naruto's New Weapon (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=29342)

I love Naruto Babes 06-11-2007 04:37 PM

Naruto's New Weapon
 
I think that since Naruto is now tapping into elemental Jutsus, I think he should also pick up a weapon that compliments his wind chakra style, the same way that Sasuke picked up that short sword for his full body Chidori. Question is, what type of weapon should Naruto pick up?

I've seen artists render Naruto with a Katana, but to me that's copycatting Sasuke too much. I say Naruto should wield a spiked ball and chain, like the one that crazy chick in Kill Bill Vol.2 used (minus the blades). Naruto could create cyclones with it when he spins it, and sonic booms with it when it hits something.

What say you?

MikeyM1979 06-11-2007 04:40 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Naruto's wind rasengan is powerful, but not very fast or sleek. Much like he is. Sasuke has a sword like that because he is fast and sleek. But it's not a power weapon. I think Naruto would be good with a broad sword, where you use your own power to swing the sword at someone.

sikfearless0 06-11-2007 04:43 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
I think naruto is good with the kunias because he can make them go faster and hit stronger just like asuma did. But i think a staff like the 3rd had would be cool. And then when he spun it made a cyclone and asorbs sasukes fire.

Num13ers 06-11-2007 04:44 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
I think Naruto would be suited well with an axe. Everyone loves a good axe. Maybe dual-wielding axes?

Nexus 06-11-2007 04:45 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I love Naruto Babes (Post 1130768)
I think that since Naruto is now tapping into elemental Jutsus, I think he should also pick up a weapon that compliments his wind chakra style, the same way that Sasuke picked up that short sword for his full body Chidori. Question is, what type of weapon should Naruto pick up?

I've seen artists render Naruto with a Katana, but to me that's copycatting Sasuke too much. I say Naruto should wield a spiked ball and chain, like the one that crazy chick in Kill Bill Vol.2 used (minus the blades). Naruto could create cyclones with it when he spins it, and sonic booms with it when it hits something.

What say you?

I say that Naruto doesn't need a new weapon. If he picks up a weapon now, then he'll be copying Sasuke. Besides, the weapon that Naruto does have (Kyuubi) is all that he needs.

unnoted 06-11-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
He could use the weapon of that guy in bleach series (dunno his name).

Nexus 06-11-2007 04:52 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unnoted (Post 1130783)
He could use the weapon of that guy in bleach series (dunno his name).

Describe what he looks like.

Ninja Mike 808 06-11-2007 06:02 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Sasuke's sword isn't a short sword...

I think Naruto will learn a weapon, I mean, weapons are jus advanced forms of fighting...

I don't wanna see him with anything corny, tho, like a ball and chain or a broad sword, sounds dumb...

A sword is jus a real supreme weapon, and very stereotypical of a ninja. All ANBU members get swords, ya know, but what would be dope is if Baki trained him to use the sword made of wind...

To be able to use the weapons like Asuma he would have to have that certain kind of metal, remember? Same wit Sasuke's sword...

unnoted 06-11-2007 06:40 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus (Post 1130786)
Describe what he looks like.

THe one big sword who always took a beating from his father whenever he getshome. Orange hair I think (only saw thefirst episode) :).

MikeyM1979 06-11-2007 06:49 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Mike 808 (Post 1130871)
Sasuke's sword isn't a short sword...

I think Naruto will learn a weapon, I mean, weapons are jus advanced forms of fighting...

I don't wanna see him with anything corny, tho, like a ball and chain or a broad sword, sounds dumb...

A sword is jus a real supreme weapon, and very stereotypical of a ninja. All ANBU members get swords, ya know, but what would be dope is if Baki trained him to use the sword made of wind...

To be able to use the weapons like Asuma he would have to have that certain kind of metal, remember? Same wit Sasuke's sword...

How exactly would a broad sword be a dumb weapon for Naruto? It would fit his fighting style perfectly in much the same way the sword Sasuke has fights his style.

itachiuchiha 06-11-2007 07:13 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
A broad sword would be pretty wierd cuz its not really a ninja like weapon...plus naruto would be slowed down even more with a broad sword.

Nexus 06-11-2007 07:42 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unnoted (Post 1130917)
THe one big sword who always took a beating from his father whenever he getshome. Orange hair I think (only saw thefirst episode) :).

You're talking about Ichigo Kurosaki and his Zanpakuto. Well, a sword like that would perhaps slow Naruto down... unless you meant the sword being smaller...

WarhammerS 06-11-2007 07:45 PM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unnoted (Post 1130917)
THe one big sword who always took a beating from his father whenever he getshome. Orange hair I think (only saw thefirst episode) :).

thats ichigo.

naruto would be terrible with a huge sword or an axe, IMO kunai and shuriken's is all he needs but he does look pretty good with other weapons draw by kishi in covers and random pics but i dont think it would work well in the series, its not his style.

what does Sai have its it a batton or a short sword? i can remember

Ninja Mike 808 06-12-2007 12:11 AM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
Sai has a Ninjato... Smaller than a katana, bigger than a wakizashi, and straight... Also known as a shinobinogatana...

I agree, tho, a broad sword fits his style, even a zanbato does, too... But, he couldn't swing nothin' like Zabuza or Suigetsu... Even an English broad sword would be too heavy. The reason those things were so huge is to smash through armor. Most English broad swords weren't even sharpened, especially since with one swing they'd be dull...

He needs somethin' to compliment his style and help him out, not drag him down. Trench knives(like Asuma) would be good, since he can cut and punch people wit em, since he really like to punch people (waaaay too much)...

Honestly, tho, they gave Sasuke a new weapon, ya know? We hadn't really seen katanas in the manga before Sasuke... Most people get new weapons, ya know? A big ass fan, some nunchucks, a sword made of sharkskin... I think they'll prolly go wit somethin' that they haven't shown in the manga before, but definately a Japanese (or Chinese) styled weapon...

Spiegel 06-12-2007 12:29 AM

Re: Naruto's New Weapon
 
I can actually see Naruto with nun-chucks or even those knuckle blades that Asuma used.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.