Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Whats up with the Hawk references. (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33472)

Whip87 10-04-2007 09:18 PM

Whats up with the Hawk references.

I was just rereading some chapters and realized a second reference to sasuke to a hawk. When madara was on his statue he said something about sasuke either becoming a snake or a hawk. Obviously snake makes a referance to oro but what about hawk.

So the second place i am talking about was actually before this. When sasuke stood up against oro he referred to himself as a hawk. http://manga.bleachexile.com/naruto/344/14/

so whats up with these hawk references.

shinovsnaruto 10-04-2007 09:20 PM

Re: Whats up with the Hawk references.

That is what he is. like Jiraya: Toad or sumthing like that

ksj777 10-04-2007 09:57 PM

when he was battling Orochimaru, I think he was refering to his wings (just a wild guess). But in time, we'll find out

#1 Bad Guy 10-05-2007 12:17 AM

well, the most obvious is Sasuke's appearance, who, in cursed seal level 2, looks alot like...a hawk. while Itachi seems to relate to ravens or crows. For some reason, it appears Uchiha's relate to some kind of bird of prey.

In the story, as it stands now, the hawk and snake references seem to relate to sasuke's strength and mindframe.

The Snake- which is what sasuke is at this time. A being concerned with nothing but revenge and as a result, evil and evil, selfish actions. The snake lives only to gain power and will destroy everything in persuit of its own goals. Like a snake, Sasuke can only see what is before him, much like Orochimaru was.

Hawk- What sasuke could become. Like his brother who is represented by the crow, Sasuke could be a bird of prey. One in tune with the powers of his own clan that is able to see the bigger picture. A hawk flies above and is able to see all. Even more powerful than the snake.

Either Sasuke remains a snake, using oro's teachings and snake jutsu to obtain his goals or he sheds all that and becomes a true uhchia, a bird of prey like his brother, a crow, usuing Uchiha jutsu and teachings......mainly his sharingan.

^^thats what it all meant to me.

Nexus 10-05-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy (Post 1294133)
well, the most obvious is Sasuke's appearance, who, in cursed seal level 2, looks alot like...a hawk. while Itachi seems to relate to ravens or crows. For some reason, it appears Uchiha's relate to some kind of bird of prey.

In the story, as it stands now, the hawk and snake references seem to relate to sasuke's strength and mindframe.

The Snake- which is what sasuke is at this time. A being concerned with nothing but revenge and as a result, evil and evil, selfish actions. The snake lives only to gain power and will destroy everything in persuit of its own goals. Like a snake, Sasuke can only see what is before him, much like Orochimaru was.

Hawk- What sasuke could become. Like his brother who is represented by the crow, Sasuke could be a bird of prey. One in tune with the powers of his own clan that is able to see the bigger picture. A hawk flies above and is able to see all. Even more powerful than the snake.

Either Sasuke remains a snake, using oro's teachings and snake jutsu to obtain his goals or he sheds all that and becomes a true uhchia, a bird of prey like his brother, a crow, usuing Uchiha jutsu and teachings......mainly his sharingan.

And which route do you believe that Sasuke will take?

satansilent 10-05-2007 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy (Post 1294133)

good Point.I'm die until found which way he choose because you know that Itachi never kill his lovely brother and make himself just test object!(sad ending)

Tankynator 10-05-2007 06:30 AM

I remember there was a theory about the Uchiha Clan descending from some kind of Bird-God: I don't know when it was posted or something, but it had some references to where this god had been shown as a statue (Konoha temple when Hidan and Kakuzu attack) or any other kind of image (Uchiha hideout).

Uchiha Madara would be the son of this mythological creature and a Hyuuga woman.

After all this theory could be true since the chapters mentioned above weren't out when this theory was made, but the Sasuke/Oro fight and the hawk reference as well as Itachi's repeating crow-genjutsu and Tobi's words seem to strengthen it.

satansilent 10-05-2007 06:59 AM

I think thats Tengu theory.

Tankynator 10-05-2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

Yep, that's what I meant.

Ultimate Ninja Nidaime 10-05-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansilent (Post 1294224)

I'm wondering where people could get the information to create such a theory. It's absolutely believable and logical as well. Where do those guys get their information? But back to the hawks. I think when talking about hawks people always think of them as proud creatures. Moreover Sasuke's phase 2 and the tengu statue, which was shown somewhere in the manga really do remind me of a hawk.

YondaimeBunshin 10-05-2007 11:26 AM

Yeah the Tengu theory was cool but how the heck did they come up with that? To me it was awesome and I would love it if it tied in with the story, but man, even I thought it was a real kishi thing for a while lol.

I think that Sasuke will eventually become a hawk, Kabutoro has the snake of the series spot covered at least until he dies. And Sasuke's elitist attitude and uber nin-jesus powers just make me think he's got major parts to play that a snake just can't, only a hawk can see above all, and only Sasuke can ascend to the next level of this whole series (he is Kishi's fav after all, Naruto is the freakin middle child of his own series lol).

satansilent 10-05-2007 05:48 PM

the guy who wrote that theory said by himself that he read the manga carefully and search in some ancient story of the japans!
furthermore he have a sharp mind too :D

Craigkage 10-05-2007 05:58 PM

They are Ninja basketball teams he's gonna join... Konoha Hawk's or the Sound Snake Superstars