Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Debates Section (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Abortion (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33756)

Tookaipai 10-12-2007 07:22 PM

Abortion

My friends and I have been arguing about this for a long time... Its about how most religions are against abortion and how its cruel and evil and whatever... Yet, how would they feel are a 17 year old girl, who got raped... and is now being told that she has to give up on her life because of something that wasnt even her fault... When a lady (who was christian) came in to talk to us about the evilness of abortion, I stood up and asked her about the 17 year old girl thing. Her answer was "There is no excuse to have an abortion be it incest, rape, or accidental" she then refused to let me rebuttle her statment... So what do you all think about abortion?? Do you agree with me that there are some excuses? or do agree that someone should be forced top raise the child no matter what?

Costigc 10-12-2007 07:27 PM

Re: Abortion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookaipai (Post 1301127)
My friends and I have been arguing about this for a long time... Its about how most religions are against abortion and how its cruel and evil and whatever... Yet, how would they feel are a 17 year old girl, who got raped... and is now being told that she has to give up on her life because of something that wasnt even her fault... When a lady (who was christian) came in to talk to us about the evilness of abortion, I stood up and asked her about the 17 year old girl thing. Her answer was "There is no excuse to have an abortion be it incest, rape, or accidental" she then refused to let me rebuttle her statment... So what do you all think about abortion?? Do you agree with me that there are some excuses? or do agree that someone should be forced top raise the child no matter what?

I agree with u cuz their are some families that do that and someone just needs to stand up for their selves and just say ok i want to put a stop to this abortion thing once and for all and also they might want to make a campaign to all people u want abortion to be stopped:0

Mystik 10-12-2007 07:28 PM

I dont think anyone should have the right to tell someone what they can do with there own body.. sometimes women do what they think they have to do and that doesnt make them bad or evil and some people make mistakes.. if its not your cup of tea then fine dont do it but at the same time dont down others who have done it because everyone has there reasons reguardless if they were wrong or right... however abortion is wrong when its used as a form of birth control..

Tookaipai 10-12-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costigc (Post 1301134)
I agree with u cuz their are some families that do that and someone just needs to stand up for their selves and just say ok i want to put a stop to this abortion thing once and for all and also they might want to make a campaign to all people u want abortion to be stopped:0

um i dont agree with this lady i think abortion should be alowed. Its the woman's body not ours we have no right to be telling them what to do!!

SASUKE GURL 10-12-2007 07:32 PM

dude..you know what?!?!?!

its not her fault she got pregnant

and its their rights to tell her whats gonna and should happen

and fucking abortion

you kno what

im on neither sides

cuz theres something called condoms and birth control pills

and me and my bf had tralked about this too...

and like shyea....the condom might break but thats where the pill comes in

and then

its not her fault cuz the guy that she had sex with should not be trusted fully

but in the end...if she does get pregnant

she shouldnt get abortion

cuz the baby needs to have a chance of life
and if you have abortion thats a sin..your killing someone..-____-*

yet...hundreds of pepople do it every year

pisses me off....-_____-*

Mystik 10-12-2007 07:37 PM

see and thats what irritates me about people mainly young people who know nothing about abortion or the life cycle of a child.. they automatically want to say its murder.. well guess what it isnt..thats why abortion is allowed in most states before the 12 week cycle... 12 weeks and after is when it develops a heart beat.. before then its an embryo and has no shape or form and no heart beat..

SASUKE GURL 10-12-2007 07:41 PM

i know about that

but like

when they leave it for like a couple of months and start noticing theyre pregnant you kno?...

cuz like you kno how people like stop theor period?...

shyeah....takes them a while to find out that theyre pregnant

Mystik 10-12-2007 07:48 PM

well thats different.. but some states have legalized partial birth abortions and thats when a baby has formed and has a heart beat and has been through more then half of the birth stage.. that on the other hand is a total different story and in my opinion wrong.. but thats usually performed if there is a problem with the pregnancy.. although some do it even if there isnt..

Shrike 10-12-2007 07:49 PM

It is a question of moral.
My opinion is that the abortion should not be casted out as forbidden, but people should simply reduce the use of it to a minimum.
In extreme cases, like the one mentioned, abortion should be fine. After all, a 17 year old girl wouldn't want to have a baby with someone who raped her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystik (Post 1301146)
see and thats what irritates me about people mainly young people who know nothing about abortion or the life cycle of a child.. they automatically want to say its murder.. well guess what it isnt..thats why abortion is allowed in most states before the 12 week cycle... 12 weeks and after is when it develops a heart beat.. before then its an embryo and has no shape or form and no heart beat..

While what you are saying is basically true, it isn't that simple.
Ask a doctor who is crushing something which will become a baby's head if it's just an embryo.
If an abortion is done in it's early stages like you mentioned, it is an understandable option to chose an abortion if it's unwanted.
But going past that is...well, I am sure you know.

------

When you understand what you are doing, then decide will you do an abortion, or not.

As I said, I think that it's okay to do an abortion sometimes, but it shouldn't be done so frequently as it is done now.

I watched how it's done. It's not a simple process and a simple matter to decide.

Mystik 10-12-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrike (Post 1301154)
It is a question of moral.
My opinion is that the abortion should not be casted out as forbidden, but people should simply reduce the use of it to a minimum.
In extreme cases, like the one mentioned, abortion should be fine. After all, a 17 year old girl wouldn't want to have a baby with someone who raped her.

While what you are saying is basically true, it isn't that simple.
Ask a doctor who is crushing something which will become a baby's head if it's just an embryo.
If an abortion is done in it's early stages like you mentioned, it is an understandable option to chose an abortion if it's unwanted.
But going past that is...well, I am sure you know.

------

When you understand what you are doing, then decide will you do an abortion, or not.

As I said, I think that it's okay to do an abortion sometimes, but it shouldn't be done so frequently as it is done now.

I watched how it's done. It's not a simple process and a simple matter to decide.

Shrike i know its not that simple.. trust me i know.. its a hard thing to do and a hard thing to get over.. trust me when its done the woman just doesnt get over it.. it stays with that person for a while if not forever.. true i dont think it should be a constant thing.. no i dont think it should be used as a form of birth control but unfortunately some women do that to get rid of the baby and some make mistakes..

SASUKE GURL 10-12-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystik (Post 1301153)
well thats different.. but some states have legalized partial birth abortions and thats when a baby has formed and has a heart beat and has been through more then half of the birth stage.. that on the other hand is a total different story and in my opinion wrong.. but thats usually performed if there is a problem with the pregnancy.. although some do it even if there isnt..

o0o0o0o0o0.......o.o
alrighty =]]

Shrike 10-12-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystik (Post 1301158)
Shrike i know its not that simple.. trust me i know.. its a hard thing to do and a hard thing to get over.. trust me when its done the woman just doesnt get over it.. it stays with that person for a while if not forever.. true i dont think it should be a constant thing.. no i dont think it should be used as a form of birth control but unfortunately some women do that to get rid of the baby and some make mistakes..

I know and I agree.
It simply is not something you can easily decide to do.
Anyway, I am sure I don't need to say anything more.

garra. 10-13-2007 12:08 AM

I don't really know if getting an abortion is the right thing to do or not

somtimes it can be selfish sometimes it might not even be selfish who knows?

But I will give you this bit of advice just don't get her pregnate in the first

place.

Sincerely garra.

Craigkage 10-13-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookaipai (Post 1301127)

I'd like to apologise on her behalf... What an silly, silly woman. Most people who say such dogmatic rubbish have never experienced such a tragedy themselves... If one's theology is totally divorced from their practical lives then they will usual run into a faux pas like this..

Let me say that I am further down the road to being Pro-Life than to Pro-Choice.. I believe that all life is a gift from God and that no one should think LIGHTLY of taking another's life. BUT....I would also say that there are many grey areas within this subject... (gosh, like most really) and I think there most definitely ARE exceptions, like the one you gave, which need to be taken into account.

Miburo 10-13-2007 11:00 AM

Fact is, it is the woman's body. If she wants to get rid of some parasitic lump of flesh in her body, then she should be allowed to. Since when should other people be able to tell a legal adult what to do with her own body if it doesn't negatively effect anyone else?

They shouldn't. And if you're against killing potential life (I don't even know how that's possible. If it's potential life then it's not alive yet, and you can't kill something that's not alive...) then guess what? Don't get an abortion. There, everyone is happy and no one needed to be forcefully subjected to someone else's beliefs.