Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is there really a heaven or hell? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=35158)

Rock lee 13 12-05-2007 04:46 PM

Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Answer please.

fieldscarcrow 12-05-2007 04:48 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
I think its all relative. I do believe that you go somewhere when you die but I dont think its permamint (Sp?) I think heaven,valhallla,etc. are places you go when your good and so you can be reincarnated as something/someone good. I think hell, hades, etc. is the same thing but bad people. So its a combination of heaven and hell (and the differenet names for it) mixed with the belief of reincarnation. Why then have the two places? So its easier to sort things out and so that once your bad and you go to hell you know when you go to heaven that everything is going to be so much better, and so that you learn from you wrong-doings.

MikeyM1979 12-05-2007 05:02 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock lee 13 (Post 1355792)
Answer please.

I don't think so. I mean, there's nothing leading me to believe there is a heaven or hell. There's no evidence of these places existing. Only groups of people telling you fairy tales (no offense to those who believe these tales) of, omg if ur bad u iz gon go to hellz!!! :O if u iz gud, u iz gon go 2 heavenz!!!! Sorry, I don't believe in any of that. *shrug*

I'MNOTCRAZY 12-05-2007 05:14 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
god is for chumps. end of story. :p

AnticitizenOne 12-05-2007 05:18 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Well, since the only way you can supposedly see such places is to be dead, we'll never know until we're dead. Even then we won't be able to say anything to any living person because we'll be dead. So there's really no way to be sure, if there's absolutely no way to be right I tend not to have an opinion on something.

4EvEr-Kazekage 12-05-2007 05:36 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
This is kind of an interesting question :D

I've been a Christian all my life and i too always wonder if there is a heaven or hell.They say that when your good you go to heaven,and when your bad you go "you know where",but that sounds like mumbo-jumbo to me...its like similar to Christmas...if your good you get presents and if your bad blah blah...

Everyday i always wondered wat would happen after i died(where would i go,where would i be, etc.,) kinda creepy imo =/

jsaviers 12-05-2007 05:44 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
ALRIGHT! Whether or not you believe in Heaven and Hell is an arguement that goes nowhere. But let me ask you this one Question.

Would you take the chance of believing in God and being right,
Or NOT believe in him, and be wrong?

Ultimately the choice is yours. Then again, what does your Heart tell you?

mrpiimpnn 12-05-2007 05:51 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock lee 13 (Post 1355792)
Answer please.

I'm sorry for spamming but dude your just going to cause a massive flaming argumentative thread. But I am a Christian and I believe there is a god and I love him. And there are plenty of answers to show that there is a "god".

Minamoto4444 12-05-2007 06:10 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
oh god not ANOTHER thread on this issue!

and by the way if you want to know why we risk the chance to be wrong about faith ask yourself why you are a Athiest or what have you, because if your wrong then man your in for a bad eternity! and I also like to think about it this way then if god exists then man Im gonna love were im going and if im wrong then when im dead ill feel nothing at all so there peoplez.

its just like a game of dice people either you win or you lose period.

fieldscarcrow 12-05-2007 06:13 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minamoto4444 (Post 1355909)
oh god not ANOTHER thread on this issue!

and by the way if you want to know why we risk the chance to be wrong about faith ask yourself why you are a Athiest or what have you, because if your wrong then man your in for a bad eternity! and I also like to think about it this way then if god exists then man Im gonna love were im going and if im wrong then when im dead ill feel nothing at all so there peoplez.

its just like a game of dice people either you win or you lose period.

So basicaly what your saying is, you rather follow it blindly and hope to be right that way even if you are wrong your not fucked? Well thats stupid. Thats not even living. I decided to go norse cause I think its awsome, and if your right, then i am god's child and he will accept the fact I wanted to branch out and learn more about things

Sakatsu 12-05-2007 06:18 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
ever considered reincarnation?

how about a plane of the afterlife which is layered to the point where the naked eye can't see it but the inner eye can? Like looking in a microscope you can see through the layers of a see-through organism given the strength of the microscope.

Ultimately, its the kind of question you've gotta answer for yourself.

Minamoto4444 12-05-2007 06:41 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fieldscarcrow (Post 1355915)
So basicaly what your saying is, you rather follow it blindly and hope to be right that way even if you are wrong your not fucked? Well thats stupid. Thats not even living. I decided to go norse cause I think its awsome, and if your right, then i am god's child and he will accept the fact I wanted to branch out and learn more about things

Um, little lesson here for people who are high at this moment god dosent give you a ticket to heaven because you "branched out". thats like saying to your girlfriend that you should be able to get back together even though you Cheated on her right in front of her, bashed her in front of her, because you were trying to learn about other poeple. this is retarded on so many levels. also im not following it blindly, that is also retarded, you think I just went to a church and said "God exists" No I actually did RESERCH and was actaully a huge god hater I was raised in a heavy Athiest family and went to youth group with my friend and really thought about it and 2years later was baptised(without any of my family showing up).

LonelyNinja 12-05-2007 06:46 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY (Post 1355821)
god is for chumps. end of story. :p

Bahahaha, win.

Anywho, figurative Heaven and Hell, sure, there can be. Literally, however, I don't think so. I haven't seen any signs whatsoever that point towards their existences.

ThyMaiden 12-05-2007 07:10 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Heaven and hell are names given by christianity. It must b a place beyond death for me, which ever is diferent for good or bad ppl I cant say. But I dont think our soul would b lost, but also the reincarnation is plausible it cant b an endless cycle and souls have to go to a final resting place.

fieldscarcrow 12-05-2007 07:14 PM

Re: Is there really a heaven or hell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minamoto4444 (Post 1355960)
Um, little lesson here for people who are high at this moment god dosent give you a ticket to heaven because you "branched out". thats like saying to your girlfriend that you should be able to get back together even though you Cheated on her right in front of her, bashed her in front of her, because you were trying to learn about other poeple. this is retarded on so many levels. also im not following it blindly, that is also retarded, you think I just went to a church and said "God exists" No I actually did RESERCH and was actaully a huge god hater I was raised in a heavy Athiest family and went to youth group with my friend and really thought about it and 2years later was baptised(without any of my family showing up).

Im not high, and noone said anything about getting a ticket. I just think your life would be more filling and worth living if you just live. The hell wit rules, why live like someone is watching? Why not just live how you want? Dress in all black (Johnny cash was a christian and wore all black) Challange athority and just live man.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.