Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Bleach Anime (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Ichigo's bankai (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=44744)

Yondaime28 10-17-2008 10:31 PM

Ichigo's bankai

I'm watching Bleach and thinking about Ichigo's bankai. He kinda looks like the Old guy in his sword, right? Also, I don't think he is using his full potential in bankai. So I was thinking, if Ichigo used his full potential in bankai mode would he end up looking like the old man all the way?

KatrinaKatt 10-18-2008 06:24 AM

Re: Ichigo's bankai

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yondaime28 (Post 1596707)
I'm watching Bleach and thinking about Ichigo's bankai. He kinda looks like the Old guy in his sword, right? Also, I don't think he is using his full potential in bankai. So I was thinking, if Ichigo used his full potential in bankai mode would he end up looking like the old man all the way?

I don't read into Bleach exactly as much as I do Naruto, but.... As I understand it, Bankai draws out the (for the lack of a better word) "person in the sword" -- Many people talk about how their Sword's personality is lazy, stubborn.. etc.

As such, when Ichigo uses Bankai he takes on the appearance (roughly) of Zangetsu (the name of the guy in the sword). The interesting thing, as far as I know, is that excluding fillers, Ichigo is the only one with a Bankai that doesn't summon the person "out of the sword".

Clearly the series isn't over, and Ichigo has sorta hit a wall on his *cough* "power" or skill, he has to go up further in order to take on Vasto Lords if they ever show up. I think because of that, he will inevitably discover something more to draw out the sword more.

All I can say, is I'm a bit tired of hearing "Getsuga Tenshou" or whatever over, and over, and over again. Reminds me of Inuyasha a bit, where he basically Spams "Windscar" for virtually half the series.

---

Short answer: Yes, he will get better. He has to :)

Keep in mind that one captain said somewhere that Bankai should take 10 years of training to fully master before someone should use it in battle.

CrimsoneyesSharingan 11-11-2008 09:24 AM

And, the only other person who master their bankai in 3 days is Urahara-san (that's if Yoruichi-san learned it that way) with that training method. Plus, he haven't learn to fully control his hollow either. Once he does, one of Espada, Ulquiorra "Ichigo Kurosaki's power constantly fluctuates between comparatively very weak and far stronger than my own."

Freshgrease 11-11-2008 08:49 PM

If he is going to uberGod Aizen, he's gotta find several more power ups.

Konnaha_yellow_flash 11-11-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshgrease (Post 1607306)
If he is going to uberGod Aizen, he's gotta find several more power ups.

Agreed. Maybe after ichigo unlocks his full hollow potential he will finaly learn to control his spirit energy. With the length of his sword and his speed, icihigo could be bad ass at battojutsu.

Whitefang12 12-08-2008 02:48 AM

His Bankai is Not Completed He did it in Just 3 days
He And Urahara Kisuke

vish_ 01-08-2009 07:33 AM

nopq498 you suck!!!!!!!!
ichigo still doesn't knows how to use a cero
that would be a great booster
maybe later on he could summon his inner hollow and they can fight together
you know byakuya did something else with his bankai with the epsada
he attacked with all the blades at once
where as with ichigo.. he said he could attack with only one blade at once

phisig2122 04-29-2010 03:09 PM

I think Ichigo's bankai still has a long way to go. He learned in a rush, we all can agree on that. They even mentioned how it takes years upon years of training to fully master your bankai. I think we mostly are just seeing him tap into his power without much focus.

Byakuya, Hitsy, Renji, Urahara and other have multiple attacks with their swords/bankai because of years of training and mastery of their shingami powers. (Don't know for sure Urahar's bankai yet, but he has to have someone awesome up his sleeve or under his hat)

Ichigo needs hardcore training on mastering his shingami powers, which he really hasn't had since Urahara trained him.

Vizards trained him to control his mask and tap into is Hollow Powers. The rest of his training has been field experience and finding sneaky ways to release his GT in his opponents face.