Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   @ Bible People (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=45040)

Pride 10-31-2008 12:02 AM

@ Bible People

So uh, theres no mention of it in the Holy Bible, but im going to go out on a whim and think maybe you guys no more than just whats in the holy bible.

So in the Hebrew bible theres mention of an angel who fought lucifer in the war of angels, but later kind of questioned God (not to the point of lucifer) and more or less decided to leave heaven on his own accord. And is believed to not be in heaven or hell, but with us on earth.

Any idea who this was?

UchihaTaijiya 10-31-2008 12:14 AM

Re: @ Bible People

Nope. But maybe he was teh only sane one in the whole book...

what chapter is that angel featured in? Or is it one of the other chapters loll.....

Pride 10-31-2008 12:31 AM

its not in any books of the bible (you have to realize the 'bible' is only 64 books chosen from thousands)

But there is a hebrew book about it. I vaguely remember the story, it was interesting as shit. He more or less was a badass in the war of angels, and at some point i think he asked god to visit the earth (he was falling in love with a human) and God 'advised against it' so he just... left. And Lucifer got him back for fighting against him int he war of angels by having his love interest murdered (since Lucifer cant kill, he can only tempt others to kill) at which point this angel asked God why he let this happen, but God fell silent, sooo he went back to heaven to talk to god face to face and get his answers, but was stopped by Both Micheal and Gabriel and convinced him to leave it alone before he did something he would regret, and so God never technically cast him out of heaven to hell, and he apparently has free passage to heaven, but chooses to stay here on earth.

Shikamaru 10-31-2008 07:41 AM

the great arch angel chuck norris

Pride 10-31-2008 09:26 AM

I finally found the number for the guy that told me this story.

It was Archangel Azrael (Archangel of Death)

kluang 10-31-2008 10:35 AM

I'm never gonna give it up, I'm never gonna let it down...

Jaxon 10-31-2008 10:37 AM

Bible is the best fucking novel ever. Seriously. I may be an atheist, but I fucking love it's fantasy badassery.

ThyMaiden 10-31-2008 10:39 AM

thats based from the book of enoch and the his sons are the nephilim
that jewish folklore not biblical text

ShinobiKnight 10-31-2008 10:49 AM

That is called "Judaic mythology", Pride, and has little if any basis in the Bible. Modern Chrstians (with the exception of the Roman Catholics and a few strange groups) generally believe the Bible is the only source of religious truth.

Freshgrease 10-31-2008 01:15 PM

Wasn't the Angel of Death one of the angels guarding the gates of Eden? I havn't read the Good Book in ages, but if I remember correctly it was said to Adam and Eve that they will be killed by the angel of Death upon trying to reenter the Garden of Eden.

I believe it is more folklore than "Bible-truth".

Shrike 10-31-2008 01:57 PM

I believe it's Samael, but not sure.
I like that angels shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxon (Post 1602747)
Bible is the best fucking novel ever. Seriously. I may be an atheist, but I fucking love it's fantasy badassery.

True dat.

RNB 11-01-2008 03:04 PM

Technically, there is no devil according to Christianity.

Anyways, the book you are probably talking about is pronounced the "Sudopigrapha," but I don't know what the real spelling is. If you are looking for the really good epic about this, it is called Paradise Lost by Milton.

ShinobiKnight 11-01-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneckboy (Post 1603100)
Technically, there is no devil according to Christianity.

What the fuck? Explain your logic here, because Satan is mentioned in the Gospels several times.

RNB 11-01-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight (Post 1603115)
What the fuck? Explain your logic here, because Satan is mentioned in the Gospels several times.

Satan means adversary. Also, the idea of a devil wasn't even mentioned in the Bible until the Persian invasion, and the Persians were the ones who created the idea of duality. So, there probably is no such thing as the devil. The serpent is what most people bring up to say my conclusion is wrong, but then they are interpreting the scriptures literally. You see, the idea of the devil was created by the Israelites to blame someone for their faults. Look at the God of Job and Jesus. Do they fit the same picture? No. There reason is because the Israelites are no better then any culture and they used religion to manipulate people, and they were very ethnocentric in their writings. The ONLY portrait of God that we can trust is Jesus. We must use Jesus's character as a measuring stick every time God is mentioned elsewhere. Would the character of Jesus have killed a whole extended family becasue a guy pulled out during sex? No, of course not.

ShinobiKnight 11-02-2008 08:14 AM

I've seen enough.

People, avoid relying on RNB to answer any biblical questions. He's very confused.