Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   !Dragonball Online! - This thread will be updated (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=46237)

Sabatu No Gaara 01-02-2009 03:30 PM

!Dragonball Online! - This thread will be updated

It's not a rumor, it's true. Dragonball Online will be out in 2009 in the US, it have already been released in Korea as BETA. Until then I shall try to post nice trailers, pics, the characters etc. for you to see =)
This thread consists of 2 posts, be sure to see the 2nd post as well!

If you thought this thread was useful please leave a thank you post so this thread won't die if you are too lazy to do that then please leave a +rep saying thanks xD

May Contain Spoilers :P

You can see the sources at the bottom

=DragonBall Online=

Developer(s) NTL Inc. Bird Studio / Shueisha

Publisher(s) (Korea) CJ Internet Corporation, (Japan) Namco Bandai Games

Designer(s) Akira Toriyama (supervisor)

Platform(s) Windows

Release date(s)
Korea: TBA 2008 (Beta)
Japan: TBA 2009
USA: TBA 2009
Canada: TBA 2009
Europe: TBA 2009
Austrailia: TBA 2009

Genre(s) Fantasy, MMORPG

Mode(s) Multiplayer

System requirements CPU: Pentium 4 2GHz, RAM: 512MB

Official Site(s): English Version & Korean version

.:STORY:.

Dragon Ball Online is set in Age 1000, exactly 216 years after Goku left the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai to train Uub in Age 784, in Dragon Ball Z. During this period time, a number of notable events have occurred, including the appearance of a Majin race, the arrival of what appear to be Yardratians in the Southern Galaxy, and most recently, a gulf forming in time.[5] The Earth has also been divided into pieces by a villainous organization known as the Dark Eye (闇の目玉, Yami no Medama), which is lead by a mysterious individual.
It is worth noting that Dragon Ball Online ignores the events of Dragon Ball GT, and even appears to contradict some aspects of the anime (for example, the Yardratians, who did not appear in the manga, look completely different in DBO and the Dragon Ball Z anime). Due to the high level of supervision from Akira Toriyama, as well as the involvement of Bird Studios and Shueisha, DBO may actually be considered a more accurate continuation of the Dragon Ball manga.

-=GAMEPLAY=-

As with other MMORPGs, players control a character avatar within a persistent game world, where they will be able to explore the landscape, search for the Dragon Balls, train to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai, aspiring to become like the warriors of legend, as well as interacting with NPCs as well as other players. As in most MMORPGs, players will be able to obtain money and experience which will allow them to level up and obtain new abilities. Players will also be able to participate in "Timemachine Missions", in which they will receive guidance from Time Patrol Trunks (タイム・パトロール・トランクス, Taimu Patorōru Torankusu), in order to travel back in time and take part in notable aspects of the Dragon Ball history.

--=PLAYABLE RACES AND CLASSES=--

Human

• Martial Artist (武道家, Budōka) - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamcha, Krillin, or Tien.
  • Spiritualist (気功家, Kikōka) - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chaozu.
  • Engineer (エンジニア, Enjinia) - Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma.
Namekian

• Dragon Clan (竜族, Ryūzoku) - Members of the Namekian support caste which have special abilities including healing, such as Dende.
  • Warrior (戦士, Senshi) - Members of the Namekian warrior caste, which includes Piccolo and Nail.
Majin

• Strange Majin (異魔人, Imajin) - Slender, evil-looking Majin who have a similar appearance to Majin Buu's original, pure form.
  • Large Majin (大魔人, Daimajin) - Fat, happy-looking Majin who resembles Majin Buu's good form.
NOTE: You Won't Be Able To Play Saiyans :'(

PICTURE:

--=TRAILERS, FAN VIDs, SCREENSHOTS AND LOTS MORE!=--

TRAILERS & FANVIDs:

PICTURES:

TRIVIA:

Coming soon...

Interview:

Coming soon...

Rumors:

DB Online might be released on Xbox 360!

Review(s):

Coming soon...

Sources: Official site, youtube, photobucket, wikipedia, Gamespot, giantbomb.

Sabatu No Gaara 01-02-2009 03:31 PM

Re: !Dragonball Online! - This thread will be updated

-=DRAGONBALL ONLINE PRESS CONFERENCE - complete translation from the official website=-

NOTE: This isn't the best translation but it's better than nothing xD

The presentation included, Bandai Korea, South Korea, (shares) Shueisha, (shares) Namco Bandai Games and other companies related to the project to attended.

Bandai Korea's president Yoshiaki Emoto said, "It all started five years ago, I wanted to make a MMORPG world, that is full of colour and exitement. Dragonball a well known Japan Cartoon was my first thought. To think that the classes and characters would have so much depth and history to them.
MMORPG for the chosen subject matter "is still a transitional period, to stand destination other than Japan, South Korea and the United States and Europe in the still developing. Thus, the flow from South Korea wants to make a new start. A new world To broaden the world, DragonBall Onlineconsidered to be the first time, "he said.

Then the original directors from the Shueisha, the bird appeared Kazuhiko Shima. DragonBall Online about his "Dragon Ball outside of Japan was published, but this is the first time in Korea, and from there went to widespread popularity around the world. And, that is to start in South Korea DragonBall OnlineI am delighted that.

Akira Toriyama, the original project from the start of a new world of design and drawing of the character to get involved, "the meantime, thanks to the kindness of our new job, but often can not be turned down (laughs ) ", Shueisha and show the original side was deeply involved.

And as message from Toriyama's "Dragon Ball cardiovascular poured in a new world, many people who would enjoy a happy," he鳥嶋"dreamed of children around," one of the world's That the play ", the world's people enjoy MORAETARA Dragon Ball Online World. DragonBall Online, due to the increasing number of schools and the company was late! Hear such news, looking forward to." He said.

To continue the development of the comments from the companies involved have been released.

South Korea's online game portal operated by the CJ Jung Young-joon of the Internet company's CEO, Dragon Ball "Dragon Ball 20 years ago, I met the love from the original comic, but now that job will be asWA I am proud, "he said.

Bandai, Dragon Ball games, Namco Bandai Games has been the producer of the producer Daisuke Uchiyama, "Dragon Ball games, PS2 and more than 10 million worldwide are selling the home video game As the next step machine, and that online games for PCs, a new challenge to the world of Dragon Ball. Different from the past, a whole new world of Dragon Ball, the world's children want to play. South Korea The service is the first in the world and for the movement originated from here, and I could tell kids, "he said.

NTL is responsible for the development of the CEO is a ball-pen, Naoto (and the occasional one), said, "We are born in 2003 in Japan and South Korea in June 2004 the corporation was established. Meanwhile, DragonBall Online Has focused on the development of the sort exists in order to create a DragonBall Onlinethe company is also true, "he said.

Also, the actual production of "collaboration with Japan and South Korea, which produced the only major title that has so far without success stories, such as the various concerns. However, in practice, The difference between words and other areas that do not matter, that OK. Small studio a total of 50 people, but for a night launch is to develop HAGEN, "he said.

Description of the system and did a world of NTL Takamiya said, "everyone from the old Dragon Ball is known, but the fans how people respond to the expectations or the most trouble. Speaking of Dragon Ball, Already a lot of home video game machine, the release of the game have been hit. So, MMORPG as a charm when it comes to creating what is good in the sense RITAI the expectations of fans. Happily , Dragon Ball story is a lot of detail.'ll Nia original fans to inadvertently put things easy, so enjoy it MORAETARA such, "the popular character of the difficulty of building on the world.

VIDEO: Dragonball Online Press Conference

cheanster 01-02-2009 03:48 PM

Sounds cool....

Gamr1469 01-02-2009 03:51 PM

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Sabatu No Gaara 01-02-2009 04:12 PM

Yeah, I know right!? It looks really cool, we should make an NC clan on their, if you guys decide to join. Make the name be something like: "NC Soulja$zz"!

narutojm 01-02-2009 04:48 PM

it sounds interesting

Sabatu No Gaara 01-02-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narutojm (Post 1630266)
it sounds interesting

I'm sure it does.

Detcelfer 01-02-2009 05:42 PM

Oh this sounds horrible... sorry if that offends any of you. Just let the series die.

DarkRyu 01-02-2009 09:06 PM

This game, and long with the Knights of the Old Republic MMO make me happy that I'm moving the Southern California, and will have better internet.

Freshgrease 01-02-2009 09:34 PM

Wow. I definitely will drop WoW now. Then again, I havn't played in the longest of times. Something about SS2-4 prospects seem to outweigh Lvl 80 in anything in WoW. Ironically, I had a dream last night of two ants (as Vegeta and the other guy) and a large ass human (goku) in the "Over 9000" scene. Ants being human sized and human being a skyscraper.

I wonder if there will be a monthly fee.

EDIT: No saiyan?

Sabatu No Gaara 01-04-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshgrease (Post 1630417)
Wow. I definitely will drop WoW now. Then again, I havn't played in the longest of times. Something about SS2-4 prospects seem to outweigh Lvl 80 in anything in WoW. Ironically, I had a dream last night of two ants (as Vegeta and the other guy) and a large ass human (goku) in the "Over 9000" scene. Ants being human sized and human being a skyscraper.

I wonder if there will be a monthly fee.

EDIT: No saiyan?

Lol, weird dream. Btw, yes, there is no Saiyan race playable.

zer0systm 01-04-2009 03:14 PM

why do all the namekians look like they have asses for heads

Ken 01-04-2009 03:26 PM

Hey, wait a sec.. If there's a Majin race playable, why is still DBO the game's name? The pinky guy has nothing to do with the old Dragon Ball series.
ESf it's way better man; even it's hard to control. In DBO, the characters look like the Nintendo 64's pokemons.

Sabatu No Gaara 01-06-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0systm (Post 1631383)
why do all the namekians look like they have asses for heads

Becouse they're ass holes. All of them.

narutojm 01-06-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabatu No Gaara (Post 1632511)
Becouse they're ass holes. All of them.

lol good one or was u serious