Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   World News (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   NOOOOOO Flaming is about to become a crime (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=48564)

Solus Bringer 05-12-2009 10:54 PM

NOOOOOO Flaming is about to become a crime

Yeah the american government has finally gotten the balls to try to censor the internet by passing a bill that makes cyber bullying a crim its called the Megan Miear cyber bully prevention act or something like that so what do you guys think about this

Sevi 05-13-2009 02:07 AM

Re: NOOOOOO Flaming is about to become a crime

Pics
Or Article
I don't believe this at all, man

Solus Bringer 05-13-2009 02:14 AM

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.1966:
its a bill that formed because some girl named megan meier shot herself cause of a flame she got online

balmung5000 05-13-2009 02:22 AM

im a cyber bully

Solus Bringer 05-13-2009 02:31 AM

i honestly think everyone is a cyber bully just i different ways

Freshgrease 05-13-2009 02:32 AM

Well fuck.

Solus Bringer 05-13-2009 02:35 AM

yeah there goes the neighborhood of the tubes

Freshgrease 05-13-2009 02:35 AM

4Chan will not take this lightly.

Solus Bringer 05-13-2009 02:38 AM

hahahahaha i dont even want to know what /b/ is going to do or what annyomous will do to these bastards i mean if scientology tried to censor the internet and we got protests just imagine when the government tries

Fearless Leader 05-13-2009 03:00 AM

Real "bullying" isn't even illegal. I can, and do, call anyone I want a dumbshit offline and I don't get arrested for it. What makes you think this will pass?

Sevi 05-13-2009 03:01 AM

Thank you for the link.

Quote:

(a) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
Hot Damn 2 years?
Motherfuck

What the fuck, isn't "cyberbullying" the exact same shit as IRL bullying? Except without the risk of physical harm. I'm not saying I want them to make a bill about that too but, what the fuck is the difference?

Quote:

(6) Sixty percent of mental health professionals who responded to the Survey of Internet Mental Health Issues report having treated at least one patient with a problematic Internet experience in the previous five years; 54 percent of these clients were 18 years of age or younger.
At least one in five years?!?!
1?
What the fuck.

Playa 05-13-2009 03:02 AM

^ Agreed with FL ...
There should be no way this passes...then again it is our govt.

OG 05-13-2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

(a) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
nuuuuuuuuuuuuu, its fun though =[

The Madness 05-13-2009 03:47 AM

How about passing a law that makes you take a very difficult test before you become a parent. So that your kids don't turn out fail and shoot themselves because of some dick on the internet.

zer0systm 05-13-2009 03:47 AM

Come and Get me America