Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Series (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=48758)

eyesofthekyuubi1 05-23-2009 03:40 PM

Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan?

The reason I ask this is because it kind of occured to me that the Saiyans and the Uchiha clan had many similarities. For one, they look kinda similar to each other in hair and facial features. They each had special abilities compared to the others in their respective universes. Take for example, the saiyans had the natural ability to use energy blasts, or their stronger after every battle genetic, and of course the Uchiha clan has the Sharingan and its more advanced levels. They are both battle loving people (minus Itachi and Gohan). It's stated by the oldest in each the Saiyans (Vegeta) and the Uchihas (Madara) that they both had a fondness for battle.
I was just wondering on your guy's thoughts about this. They seem fairly similar to me.

Konnaha_yellow_flash 05-23-2009 03:58 PM

Re: Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan

I have actually. Since both were warrior races and wiped out only leaving a few left. IMO, uchihas are kishis saiyans.

superninja 05-24-2009 05:31 PM

Re: Are you reminded of the Saiyans from Dragonballz when you look at the Uchiha Clan

I see the similarities but Uchihas don't remind me of Saiyans because the Saiyans were savages and the Uchihas are more civilized and have their strict rules and protocols. So to me Saiyans are like barbarians and the Uchihas are more like Japanese feudal warriors.

Mal 05-25-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi1 (Post 1708261)
The reason I ask this is because it kind of occured to me that the Saiyans and the Uchiha clan had many similarities. For one, they look kinda similar to each other in hair and facial features. They each had special abilities compared to the others in their respective universes. Take for example, the saiyans had the natural ability to use energy blasts, or their stronger after every battle genetic, and of course the Uchiha clan has the Sharingan and its more advanced levels. They are both battle loving people (minus Itachi and Gohan). It's stated by the oldest in each the Saiyans (Vegeta) and the Uchihas (Madara) that they both had a fondness for battle.
I was just wondering on your guy's thoughts about this. They seem fairly similar to me.

Wait wait wait. You spoke of Saiyan's "special abilities" and didn't remember Oozaru or Super Saiyan?

Also, remember the Saiyans completely obliterated them crazy Tuffles, the Uchiha just lived peacefully with the rest of Konoha, making them automatic pussies compared to Saiyans.

emachina 05-26-2009 07:33 AM

My opinion, not really. Mind you, what you say has merit. But, the Uchihas really aren't Sayins, or Sayinesque to me. They're more like Feudal Warriors, like superninja said. Basically meaning they're based more on romanticized warriors in Japan's history. Whereas Goku, and eventually the Saiyans, were based off of Japanese mythology and folklore. And I think that's why I don't see the comparison.But regardless, interesting topic. :D

kunio kun 06-11-2009 10:27 AM

what i see in the uchiha clan is kishi view on some part of (japanese?) society where in some long and succesfull families your life is pretty much decided the moment you're born because you have to live up to your family name and reputation,that can be seen on episodes 129 and 130 of the first naruto series in a lot of itachi dialogue

HoboAssassin 06-13-2009 12:15 AM

The uchiha clan wasn't peaceful, they were a warring clan that was eventually became part of Konoha . I'm not gonna say more for *spoilers* but they weren't peaceful.

kluang 06-13-2009 03:11 AM

No.

The Saiyans arent emo races for one.