Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   World News (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   GM getting ready for bankruptcy (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=48927)

manta 06-01-2009 01:43 AM

GM getting ready for bankruptcy

Quote:

Car giant General Motors is expected to file for bankruptcy protection later on Monday, marking the biggest failure of an industrial company in US history.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8075818.stm

they made ugly cars anyway, except the mustang

Silverblade 06-01-2009 01:50 AM

Re: GM getting ready for bankruptcy

The end is near.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Freshgrease 06-01-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta (Post 1713715)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8075818.stm

they made ugly cars anyway, except the mustang

You do realize that the Mustang has and always will be made by Ford (a completely separate company)? Ford refused bailout money, and such they won't suffer the bait-and-switch the feds did to GM.

If GM was smart, they would have not delayed the Camaro and Volt releases. There were reports that there were no shortage of preorders for Camaros, and there were people begging for this car. Had they released it, they wouldn't be in this predicament. I doubt, with the socialization of Obama's new car company, we will be seeing a Camaro (unless its a 140HP hybrid.)

OG 06-01-2009 02:03 AM

^ i lol at that mustang comment too XD

GM's been in trouble for a LONG TIME, its bound to happen

Freshgrease 06-01-2009 02:13 AM

All I can say is that I have had my truck (or atleast in the family) for 15 years, and we havn't had a car payment since 1999 on it. Only 115K miles, but old Chevy products are good. Cars keep getting shittier and shittier as the years go on as they try to increase profits.

manta 06-01-2009 02:15 AM

yea my bad lol i meant the camaro doh anway its just that the new camaro looks similar so I just know about companies not much about cars.

Freshgrease 06-01-2009 02:22 AM

It's ok. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge all have their sports cars. I didn't know what the Dodge Challenger was until my dad told me about how it looked similar to an old one.

I'm sold on getting an F150 (fricken sweet when I test drove one) after hearing GM took the fall. Cars are great, but trucks are more practical for my uses.

zer0systm 06-01-2009 04:10 AM

i find it funny how GM is going under and yet the Australian subsidiary Holden is stronger than ever, i don't know how it goes over int he US but over here the main rivalry is between Holden and Ford, there are the V8 supercar race series which is only Holden Vs Ford, the rivalry is no as strong as it was 10 years ago with asian companies like Toyota, Mazda and Mitsubishi finally starting to compete with the 2 overlords of the Aus car market.

lol, im Aussie and i know the mustang is a Ford car..

Matthekage 06-01-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0systm (Post 1713753)
i find it funny how GM is going under and yet the Australian subsidiary Holden is stronger than ever, i don't know how it goes over int he US but over here the main rivalry is between Holden and Ford, there are the V8 supercar race series which is only Holden Vs Ford, the rivalry is no as strong as it was 10 years ago with asian companies like Toyota, Mazda and Mitsubishi finally starting to compete with the 2 overlords of the Aus car market.

lol, im Aussie and i know the mustang is a Ford car..

Yeah, Mitsubishi was right on the brink. They seem to be on their way back, with the new models. Especially, the new lancer. The evo X version looks pretty cool.

maddog 06-01-2009 07:24 AM

@FG: F150 guzzles up too much gas though. but if gas prices are ok, F150 is a good buy.

as far as asian cars, i've always been loyal to Toyota (currently have a Vios). but i also admire Honda. hoping to have a CRV.

i guess the publicity given to Camaro by the movie Transformers was not enough to save GM...

Freshgrease 06-01-2009 11:09 AM

If I could afford a Nissan 370Z I'd go get that. I fricken love those cars.

manta 06-01-2009 11:11 AM

it doesnt matter if ur aussie japanese american w/e if some1 doesnt know about cars then they dont know all i know is some cars look good and honda, since where i live street racing is all about hondas

TheSixthHokage 06-01-2009 11:20 AM

GM was caused by American protectionism since the 1950's in regards to delivering the North American market to the "Big Three," Ford, Chrysler and GM. Anyone who has analyzed this industry knows unlike Germany or Japan, America has not streamlined or modernized its production capacities as effectively, the American auto unions ask for way more than their competitors and these 3 companies haven't paid as muchattention to the global consumer. You reap what you sow.

zer0systm 06-01-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta (Post 1713866)
it doesnt matter if ur aussie japanese american w/e if some1 doesnt know about cars then they dont know all i know is some cars look good and honda, since where i live street racing is all about hondas

Cry Moar... .

kluang 06-01-2009 11:53 AM

Seems bumblebee wasnt enough to save GM