Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   how did raikage avoid amateraus exactly? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=50256)

freedom07 09-12-2009 12:40 PM

how did raikage avoid amateraus exactly?

id like to hear your views..but here me out first, please constructive arguments only

when amaterasu was introduced it was supposed to be unavoidable
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/390/17/

sasuke didnt avoid it he got hit but he replaced himself,

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/390/03/

"the flames will burn whatever the eye focuses on, it converges at EXACTLY that point"

so amaterasu is fire outwards it appears at whatever the eye is looking at..

so how did raikgae avoid it...u can say he avoided it with pure speed the sharingan cannot follow..BUT

1. why did amateraus continue on to hit the samurai behind raikage, if the flames appear exactly at that point why did it keep moving backwards?

2. raikage would need to be constantly moving at the speed to avoid any amaterasu that could be coming his way...so he must have predicted amaterasu was coming if not the flames woulda appeared and it would have been too late

let me explain it again, the flames burn exactly at the point of the eye which conscnetrates on, if raikage keeps going at that speed then the eye cannot concentrate but how did rai know sasuke was going to use it, because u cannot start moving at the speed AFTER amaterasu is activated its already too late..the flames woulda already appeared and burnd and as rai moves the flames would still be on the body since the body was the point which the eyes focused on when the body was at stand still.

so basically im using actual texts from the manga and im questioning how rai doged it? does rai have to constantly move at that speed just in case sasuke tries it again?

superninja 09-12-2009 01:04 PM

Re: how did raikage avoid amateraus exactly?

Raikage is probably constantly strafing and running so Sasuke can't focus on him. In that last panel, Sasuke wasn't even looking at Raikage's direction because he lost him from his line of sight.

freedom07 09-12-2009 01:05 PM

oh one answer that i could come up with is that rai got info on how amaterasu works..that sasukes eye bleeds before it happens

so as soon as sasuke bled from the eyes rai starts to move very fast

superninja 09-12-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedom07 (Post 1751883)
oh one answer that i could come up with is that rai got info on how amaterasu works..that sasukes eye bleeds before it happens

so as soon as sasuke bled from the eyes rai starts to move very fast

Could be the info, if he knows about amateratsu he knows not to the stay still. But the funny thing is Sasuke could have ignited him when he tried chidori, if he used amateratsu instead he would hit him coz they were both charging at each other..doesn't make sense..

freedom07 09-12-2009 01:23 PM

lol or he coulda just done at right at the beginning before rai went supersaiyan but that would make the fight boring

big moves always come at the end

Frog_Hermit 09-12-2009 01:48 PM

i think that answer is in that armor of his and how exactly it works, obiously amaterasu first needs to burn through that armor, so maybe raikage moved right at the moment that he saw flames and that part of armor that flames chought have burned and then continued to the next thing that was in front of sasukes MS witch was that samurai (talking about being in the wrong place at the wrong time XD)...

and it was already said in manga that amount of chakra that raikage use is huge, and so far he used only that armor, so what im trying to say is that maybe he is constantly creating that armor - something like nejis whirpool that is always on...

well im pretty bad in explaining things in english but i hope u understand what im tring to say ^^

Shrike 09-12-2009 02:03 PM

Amaterasu appears 5 meters in front of the caster, and quickly hits the victim. As long as your eyes are on the target, Amaterasu will hit the target, it's unavoidable.

However, Raikage's speed is on such levels that Sasuke can't follow him with his Sharingan, so Amaterasu misses (and hits random samurai, lololololol).

freedom07 09-12-2009 02:12 PM

where did u get the 5 metres thing from? id like to know

also the 2nd link i provided states amaterasu appears on whatever the eye concentrates on, like i said if rai keeps moving then sasuke cannot concentrate on it

but it seems like sasuke concentrated on it then rai moved
if sasuke concentrated on it from what the link states the flames shoulda appeared exactly at that point in which no amount of speed can dodge because it appears at that point.

so thats why i think rai starts to move before sasuke uses it but what if rai stops he cannot constatnyl move like that forever

Shrike 09-12-2009 02:41 PM

Don't take my word for a fact, but Amaterasu is instant in 5 meter radius, and if the target is further then 5 meters from the target, then Amaterasu chases the target so fast that it's labeled unavoidable.

And it is true, you cannot escape it as long as the caster sees you. But Raikage is faster then Sasuke's Sharingan. Minato could probably dodge it, too, especially if he used Hiraishin.

Uchiha09 09-12-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superninja (Post 1751890)
Could be the info, if he knows about amateratsu he knows not to the stay still. But the funny thing is Sasuke could have ignited him when he tried chidori, if he used amateratsu instead he would hit him coz they were both charging at each other..doesn't make sense..

sasuke couldn't use amaterasu when he used chidori cuz it would get himself as well

Servo 09-12-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrike (Post 1751905)
so Amaterasu misses (and hits random samurai, lololololol).

Lol, those samurai were really disappointing. I was hoping they would exceed fodder level for at least a little while. Nope, they can't even fight their way out of a goddamn wet paper bag.

Scientia 09-12-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_servo (Post 1751931)
Lol, those samurai were really disappointing. I was hoping they would exceed fodder level for at least a little while. Nope, they can't even fight their way out of a goddamn wet paper bag.

Maybe there are a few elite prodigy/genius level samurai (I doubt it) like there are ninja, that exist and will eventually be introduced.

xxMESTxx 09-12-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayrra (Post 1751932)
Maybe there are a few elite prodigy/genius level samurai (I doubt it) like there are ninja, that exist and will eventually be introduced.

yea but this is a manga about ninja not samurai..

Vengeance 09-12-2009 05:15 PM

.... Amaterasu was never unavoidable to begin with. Concepts like that are made to be broken sooner or later. The fact that Sasuke was able to run from Amaterasu to begin with proves that the dojutsu isn't instant & with enough speed could actually be dodged. That's all there is to it Raikage dodged Amaterasu with pure speed.

PSJiraiya 09-12-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedom07 (Post 1751896)
lol or he coulda just done at right at the beginning before rai went supersaiyan but that would make the fight boring

big moves always come at the end

It's the pro-wrestling rule, finish with your finisher!;)