Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need Example of Element Advantage/Disadvantages... (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=50507)

Widana14 10-10-2009 08:26 AM

Need Example of Element Advantage/Disadvantages...

HI all...

I'll make it short...

as we know...in Narutoverse,

Fire>Wind>Lightning>Earth>Water>Fire

I agree about Water>Fire>Wind, cuz i've seen it in real life...

can anyone give/show any daily life proof about the remaining advantage/disadvantages?

like Earth> Water...?
Wind>Lightning...?
Lightning>Earth...?
IDK/i've never seen anything like it so far...

stubborn_d0nkey 10-10-2009 09:05 AM

Re: Need Example of Element Advantage/Disadvantages...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widana14 (Post 1760018)
HI all...

I'll make it short...

as we know...in Narutoverse,

Fire>Wind>Lightning>Earth>Water>Fire

I agree about Water>Fire>Wind, cuz i've seen it in real life...

can anyone give/show any daily life proof about the remaining advantage/disadvantages?

like Earth> Water...?
Wind>Lightning...?
Lightning>Earth...?
IDK/i've never seen anything like it so far...

i think it doesnt really matter, kishi just intended to make a pentagram where each element has one inferior and one superior element

edit: i think it could have been more logical to switch lightning and earth, but i think kishi wanted it this way cause of the relation between the elements of sasuke and naruto

ask me anything 10-10-2009 09:10 AM

Earth>water, because dams stop rivers, and and a beach stops the ocean tide. that's the best examples I can think of.

Wind>lightning ? Not sure how it could either. Actually it's the flow of water and wind in the atmosphere that causes the negatively charged particles that make up lightning. So to me it seems wind would amplify lightning. But then again wind already boosts water and fire attacks, so if it made lightning stronger to it would make it way to strong an element compared to the other 4.

Lightning>earth doesn't make much since to me. The earth grounds out electricity so to me it should be Earth>lightning, but apparently kishi disagrees.

Widana14 10-10-2009 09:18 AM

thx...
If there's still any proof out there, let us know okay !!!

Dagoro 10-11-2009 02:23 PM

The answer is simple: Kishi broke the mold set forth by Pokemon.

liondemon 10-11-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask me anything (Post 1760023)
Earth>water, because dams stop rivers, and and a beach stops the ocean tide. that's the best examples I can think of.

Wind>lightning ? Not sure how it could either. Actually it's the flow of water and wind in the atmosphere that causes the negatively charged particles that make up lightning. So to me it seems wind would amplify lightning. But then again wind already boosts water and fire attacks, so if it made lightning stronger to it would make it way to strong an element compared to the other 4.

Lightning>earth doesn't make much since to me. The earth grounds out electricity so to me it should be Earth>lightning, but apparently kishi disagrees.

Wind cuts anything, only fueling fire. If wind can cut the lightning, it can disperse it or reduce the amount that connects. Maybe in nature as well, I dont know, but maybe wind does aide in "guiding" exactly where lightning strikes.

Lightning strike can destroy earth, Just the force on impact alone is enough the break earth. Lightning can also cut as Sasuke did wiith Orochu and Kamato

stubborn_d0nkey 10-11-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liondemon (Post 1760285)
Wind cuts anything, only fueling fire. If wind can cut the lightning, it can disperse it or reduce the amount that connects. Maybe in nature as well, I dont know, but maybe wind does aide in "guiding" exactly where lightning strikes.

Lightning strike can destroy earth, Just the force on impact alone is enough the break earth. Lightning can also cut as Sasuke did wiith Orochu and Kamato

lightning ionizes the air which is why electricity (lightning) can pass through it, if you could somehow use wind to produce a vacuum then lighting would be non-existent in the vacuum and in that way its clear that wind > lightning

redexploit 10-13-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubborn_narut0 (Post 1760288)
lightning ionizes the air which is why electricity (lightning) can pass through it, if you could somehow use wind to produce a vacuum then lighting would be non-existent in the vacuum and in that way its clear that wind > lightning

Lightning is the result of air particles that have been ionized (plasma). However, it is incorrect to say that the lightning itself causes the air to ionize. http://science.howstuffworks.com/lightning2.htmAlthough not the gold standard in scientific literature, "How Stuff Works" does give a nice dumbed down explanation.

Seriously, guys, trying to use modern science to explain Naruto element properties is asking for failure. Next thing we known some idiot is going to try to use modern science to explain Ying/Yang manipulation....

stubborn_d0nkey 10-13-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redexploit (Post 1760733)
Lightning is the result of air particles that have been ionized (plasma). However, it is incorrect to say that the lightning itself causes the air to ionize. http://science.howstuffworks.com/lightning2.htmAlthough not the gold standard in scientific literature, "How Stuff Works" does give a nice dumbed down explanation.

Seriously, guys, trying to use modern science to explain Naruto element properties is asking for failure. Next thing we known some idiot is going to try to use modern science to explain Ying/Yang manipulation....

it was a simplistic explanation

mewmew 10-13-2009 09:09 AM

Earth will be the most powerful element (cus it's resilient to all other elements) if Kishi didnt invent the pentagram in the narutoverse. The advantages/weaknesses in the element pentagram was made for plot development (so as to even out all the elements, supposedly) and detailed characterization, other than that, its not applicable in the real world. he fixed water>fire>wind to make the rest of the diagram look logical.