Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   AAAURGH! (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=51832)

Tabris 03-14-2010 10:42 PM

AAAURGH!

I do not know enough cuss words to express how i feel about the disrespectful, ignorant man i dealt with while training a cashier (Carly) today.
let's call him CSFF

CSFF: i'd like a refund for this
Carly: do you have your reciept with you?
CSFF: yes
*carly scans reciept and rings merch*
Carly: I just need your debit card for the return
CSFF: "you can't have it"
Carly, "I need the debit card to give you a refund"
CSFF: "i can't give it to you."
Carly, "Well, why not?"
CSFF: It's my wifes card, i don't have it."

CSFF smiles a big arrogant grin

Carly
, "Oh, well we can't refund it to a different debit card, but we can do a store credit... right?."
Me, "Yes"
*I step in and void the transaction so she can start again*

CSFF: well my wife bought 30 inch bulbs and i need 42, can't i just exchange it and pay the difference?"
At this point carly doesn't know the answer, so i intervene

Me: We can't actually do that, sir, our system isn't set up that way.
CSFF: I don't care how your system is set up, i want my refund or an exchange, it's not that hard to do.
Me: No sir, you don't understnad, it's physically impossible in the computer for us to put it back on any card but the payment card, or to let your just pay teh different for an exchange for a different item, we can only..."
At this time he interrupts me
CSFF: Didn't you hear me, I don't care about your system. there has to be a way to override, a supervisor must be able to override it.
Me: There is no...
[interrupted again]
CSFF: I want to talk to your supervisor
Me: I'll find one

I walk around the corner and see frank, one of the managers
I explain to him that the man insistes on taking an exchange or a refund on a card that isn't the payment card, and refuses to accept that the computer system is just not built to do that, or accept a store credit.

So frank asks the man what's up
CSFF: They wont give me a refund or exchange my merchandise, i have my reciept.
Frank: all we can do is give you a store credit if you don't have the payment card sir
CSFF: ok, that will work.

At this point my brain just fucking exploded in my head

Carly starts to ring up the return as a "no reciept return" so he can have the store credit that i TRIED to suggest once, and carly had managed to suggest with out being interrupted.

CSFF: See, there was a simple override.
Me: A store credit and a exchange are... [very diffferent]
CSFF: No, that's customer service
Me: A store credit, never mind...
CSFF: Customer service, its' called customer service, some thing this company values...

At this point i totally blocked out what he was saying and directed Carly on how to put through a store credit transaction.

the last thing i remember is Carly telling him to have a great day and him saying
"I will, and i'm sure you'll remember me, probably for a long time, you'll remember me."

Livid
all the drive home i wanted to fight someone
i wanted to get in an all out brawl, not specificaly with CSFF, but with anyone who would fight me, anyone at all.
BATTLE ME!

Edit: TL;DR: fucken git of a customer dspoke disrespectfully to a new cashier and my self and no i want to BATTLE!

Darth-Nero 03-14-2010 11:10 PM

Re: AAAURGH!

LOL,You and carly offered him a stored credit and all he heard was "bla bla bla..", But he heard it coming from someone with a penis.

Fucking lulz.

Mal 03-15-2010 12:39 AM

Yeah dude. Tab's testicles are too high for her to know anything.

Darth-Nero 03-15-2010 12:42 AM

Hey,i was making fun of the guy..don't twist my words.

Miburo 03-15-2010 12:46 AM

I don't understand.

I would just take the store credit, then go get the bulb I need and use the store credit to pay for it, and then make up the difference or whatever.

I think he just misunderstood, because people are idiots and suck at comprehending shit. So when he said this:

CSFF: well my wife bought 30 inch bulbs and i need 42, can't i just exchange it and pay the difference?"

And you said "No, we can't do it exactly like that" he probably just heard the "we can't do that" part and then disagreed without fully comprehending what you were actually saying. He probably just thought you weren't going to give him what he wants.

When dealing with goddamn retards like that (Just assume EVERYONE is a goddamn retard, by the way. If you do that you'll probably be right a good majority of the time anyway), I would just say "Yeah, we can do that, sir. I just have to give you store credit for this bulb and then you can go pick out the other bulb and pay the difference."

So he'll hear the "yeah, we can do that sir" thing in the beginning and then be slightly less prone to being confrontational. Because he, like pretty much everyone, is stupid. So it's kinda pointless to explain how shit actually works, since he'll probably just misunderstand and be all stupid about it.

And I'd try to get his name from his credit/debit card, so when he says something faggy like "you'll remember me for a long time" I can respond with something like "You're right, Mr. Kalkoski (Or whatever his name is)" while giving him a crazy psycho grin. Just to make him think that I might burn his house down or something. That probably wouldn't work so well for you, since you're a sweet, innocent flower and therefore not very intimidating. But you could find out his address or phone number and then tell his wife that her husband had sexual relations with you. Or something. He deserves it. Fuck people who are douchebags to people that work in retail.

Jaxon 03-15-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miburo (Post 1795608)
(Just assume EVERYONE is a goddamn retard, by the way. If you do that you'll probably be right a good majority of the time anyway)

Truth and wisdom.

Darth-Nero 03-15-2010 10:16 AM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1232006684.jpg

Tabris 03-15-2010 10:36 AM

see, i used to do the yes we can thing, but they woudl only hear that part, so when i gave them a store credit, they'd get all mad -_-

seriously, there is no winning with these people

he also said it with that stupid, "I'm so much smarter than you" grin on his face the whole time.
mother fucker knew well and good that we couldn't use his wifes debit card before we even told him

not to mention, before he even asked about the exchange, Carly had suggested the store credit

kluang 03-16-2010 04:21 AM

Good thing about my country, almost all store hangs a gang/ triad symbol. I remember at a hardware store, they hang some chinese symbol with number 77 alongside no refund. Some smart ass wants a refund. The cashier says no and that guy start yelling. The store manager comes and beat that guy with a stick and throw him outside. Other customers just look at it like nothing. I ask one customer about it and he said this store pays protection money to the triad and the triad bribes the cops. So he can do that and the cops wont lift a finger.

Miburo 03-16-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabris (Post 1795667)
see, i used to do the yes we can thing, but they woudl only hear that part, so when i gave them a store credit, they'd get all mad -_-

seriously, there is no winning with these people

he also said it with that stupid, "I'm so much smarter than you" grin on his face the whole time.
mother fucker knew well and good that we couldn't use his wifes debit card before we even told him

not to mention, before he even asked about the exchange, Carly had suggested the store credit

I would just give him store credit right away, then if he started bitching I'd tell him that "This is the fasted and easiest way to do the exchange. So unless you want to waste your time arguing about it like a douchebag who has nothing better to do than sit at a home depot and bitch about stupid shit to some chick cashiers, then you should just go grab your lightbulbs and save yourself some needless shame."

But, then again, I wouldn't give a fuck about getting fired. = (

I dunno how shit is set up there, but I'd try to obtain his personal information from his wife's card. Get her name, then try to look up the address via the phonebook and interwebs.

When I worked at Walmart I was in the automotive department, and handled signing people up for oil changes and shit. And when you sign up there you have to give your name, address, phone number, year make and model of your vehicle, we'd get your license plate number, etc. So when people tried fucking with me to the point of where I'd consider getting sweet revenge, I'd just print that shit out and add it to my shitlist. Then I'd get some goalie lacrosse sticks, a shitload of (sometimes rotten) eggs, and a massive flat-head screwdriver. Then my friends and I would pick a night (Not around Halloween) to go out to the guy's house and egg the fuck outta it by launching dozens of eggs at a time with goalie lacrosse sticks (With four people you can get off close to 8 dozen eggs in less than five seconds. Which is good, since that many eggs slamming into a house at once is loud as fuck.). After 'keying' the shit out of every panel of his car with the massive flat-head screwdriver. Of course.

All you need is an address. And then you can always win. For great justice too, since douchebags deserve to pay for their douchebaggery.

Tabris 03-16-2010 02:36 PM

lol, unfortunately at the home depot there is not way we can ask for someones adress ect. and debit cards often don't have the names on them, or even a signature on the back. people jsut odn't bather since you have to have a security code to use them

at special services and tool rental we can ask for all that though.
i hope i see him make a special order, or help him rent a tool some day >:)
i'll remmeber, lacross goalie sticks, thanks.

it's ok. i know what he looks like, he has a very distinct look.
i have the authority to refuse service, and i will when i see him again.
i saw him yesterday, but he didn't buy anything, he just came in, looked down the bulbs aisle, then left without buying anything.

side note, i really liked playing lacross in school
or broom ball
and cricket, although most of the other kids didn't so we didnt' play very often

zer0systm 03-19-2010 02:21 AM

Fuck him, point him out when i get to Canada and i'll fuck his shit up......with a hammer from the tool shop, I'll buy the hammer of course.....but discount price because it's been used....

Freshgrease 03-20-2010 01:47 AM

As Mibs said, don't get too technical. I learned that supporting computers and shit. Figure out what the problem is, figure out how to solve it without causing a state of panic or doubt, realize that the client thinks his way is the right way, and don't argue. When I get into a situation involving someone not allowing me to do my job the way it is supposed to be done (because they want me to do it their way; often the wrong way), I tell them that their computer can stay broken until they let me do my job. When they complain, my boss tells them that I'm the IT guy...not them.

You can't rationalize with irrational people. Defending your argument is not worth the shit storm.

zer0systm 03-20-2010 02:55 AM

This is why i'm in a workshop and not dealing with dipshits in retail.

i tell my boss to fuck off and die in a fire, can you imagine what I would say to some halfwit numbnut who won't listen to reason?

it'd be a lot more colourful than what i tell my boss....