Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Favorite/Saddest Deaths (or near death scenes (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=52513)

01purple 04-08-2010 10:22 PM

Favorite/Saddest Deaths (or near death scenes

Anyone care to share their favorite or saddest deaths or near death moments?

I know this was a while ago, but my favorite was Neji's near-death scene in chapter 198.

Hell, I loved that entire battle, starting from 192, ending at 198.

By the way, try not to get all pissed at me and call this a lame thread, it may be, but I think everyone needs a break from the constant discussions of who or what is in the coffin, or if Obito is Madara.

KillerNN 04-08-2010 11:36 PM

Re: Favorite/Saddest Deaths (or near death scenes

When Choji went beastmode against that fatass sound ninja and straight whooped his ass.
Or when Sasuke stabbed Naruto with chidori and he went all red and demon and shit. ^_^

01purple 04-09-2010 12:59 AM

^Those ones were pretty awesome.

Asuma's and Jiraya's deaths have to be my choices for the saddest in Shippuden.

stubborn_d0nkey 04-09-2010 02:57 AM

Zabuza/ Haku FTW. Mostly the Zabuza part, him being next to Haku etc.

liondemon 04-09-2010 03:18 AM

I have to go with Zabuza too. The way he chose death, and chose to die honorably at that. The way he died by attacking all those ninja with just a Kunai in his mouth, still fighting until he could no longer move after being stabbed several times. The way that Naruto's words got to him, and the fact that Kakashi gave him a grave and left his sword as his tomb stone. Zabuza was a demon all the way, but u wouldn't have believed his reputation by the way he chose to die when he could have just ran off and healed to fight another day. He went out like a true G and gave Haku the respect he deserved for protecting him, especially considering that he was brought up in the Bloody Mist, and probably had the best coming of age story ever in that village.

superninja 04-09-2010 04:51 AM

To me saddest moments were Chouji's exit scene when i thought he would die in part one, Jiraiya's death vs Pein, Kakashi's supposed death vs Pein and Gara's childhood.

thegodfather2450 04-09-2010 06:51 AM

to me:
jiraiy's death=
naruto recalling past events with jiraiya
zabuza
the truth about itachi
garaa

Sharingan17 04-09-2010 07:06 AM

For me it was:

Jiraiy death
Zabuza and haku death
The truth about itachi and his death

Gmar 04-09-2010 07:15 AM

maybe it's me just being a sasuke fan but his memories of his childhood flash backs and the truth about itachi and his death have to top the saddest moments, its not all about it being sad its intriging for the story cause it all just started with itachi being a power hungry ninja but it was to save his lil bro :'(.

And that part recently with sasuke saying to kakashi "bring back iatchi,my mother and father and my entire clan then i'll stop" that was sad too but i laughed when he laughed cause it was weird seeing him laugh like that.

ima adding to this thread saddest moments too cause each death was sad in there own way but sad moments are just as sad as the deaths in some cases

01purple 04-09-2010 01:31 PM

I forgot about the truth of Itachi and his death...that one and Kakashi's were also some of my favorites.

Defrath 04-09-2010 01:33 PM

When Sasuke takes Haku's attack for Naruto and dies (but doesn't.). Something about that scene is incredibly sad to me, mainly because you saw a character like Sasuke, a complete hard ass at first, cry in his last moments cause he couldn't fulfill his life long goal.

Also when Zabuza requests to be next to Haku when he is dying, and Kakashi honorably placed him next to him. Just these two deaths were heart wrenching to watch.

Asuma's death was very sad for being a pretty minor character throughout. I think the anime did it well. Jiraiya died too honorably for me to think it was sad, he just straight beasted it.

01purple 04-09-2010 01:39 PM

^ Naruto's reaction to Jiraya's death was pretty sad though. And when Sasuke took the attack for Naruto, that one was pretty good too. I think Sasuke has only cried, what, twice in this whole manga?

Vengeance 04-09-2010 02:04 PM

1. Itachi because of what happened after. I don't see anyone else's death having more shock value. Itachi's death went from redemption to sad & pathetic in the span of 3 chapters.

2. Yahiko because assisted suicide is a real mind fuck.

All other deaths really can't compare. Yeah Jiraiya died but really it was to be expected. His death didn't have a real impact on me because there's no shock value behind it. Once he went to the rain village pretty much everyone knew he was going to die.

Asuma died with a pinch of shock value due to the survival rate of most good guys in the manga. It wasn't expected as much unlike Jiraiya's & acted as motivation for Ino/Shika/Chou.

KillerNN 04-09-2010 02:09 PM

Haku did go out like a beast. The saddest DEATH was Sasuke when Naruto fucked him up and the manga ended. :DDD It wasn't too sad though.

ACt 04-09-2010 02:34 PM

Hiruzen Sarutobi. Maybe not sad, but one of the best deaths. Over matched and ailing, he took out the First and the Second zombies and very nearly Orochimaru as well. Didn't quite make up for his mistakes, but gave it one heck of a try. He was a true ninja and I am a bit perplexed why Naruto doesn't look back on him more, especially with the whole "will of fire" line that gets passed around.

Itachi's death was pretty much as Vengence described it. It keeps getting worse from the fact that he didn't prevent Sasuke from becoming a raging destructive freak and now Itachi is a pawn of Kabuto, but I suspect he may yet have a hand to play.