Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Narutard chat thread (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=59158)

kael03 03-26-2011 06:16 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread

I haven't determined that yet. I'm still in the "plotting a way to cause the Sun to explode and threaten the world for massive amounts of money" phase of becoming a Bond villain.

Demi-God 03-26-2011 06:17 PM

Trust me, start small and hire henchmen that can aim properly, makes all the difference.

kael03 03-26-2011 06:20 PM

Trust me, I will hire only those that can play poker with a non-scoped M-16 from 300 yards away.

kluang 03-26-2011 10:41 PM

And you'll need a hot agent to send against Bond

and a henchman with jaws of steel or a hencheman with a killer fedora

stubborn_d0nkey 03-27-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1940813)
I'm switching to Physics (I know, odd as fuck jump, but whatever).

Cool, when did you decide that.

I have a friend who jumped from maths to psychology (and now she is on cognitive neural science :P)

kael03 03-27-2011 01:29 PM

I started seriously considering it about a week ago. I had been interested in Astrophysics since I was at least 10 if not earlier, Psychology I didn't become interested in until I was a senior in high school. The only downside now is I'm just kinda coasting through classes since they don't interest me nearly as much anymore.

manta 03-27-2011 02:00 PM

I have a friend who studies Computational Physics, bunch of brain busting stuff there.

ninjalostboy95 03-27-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1940923)
I started seriously considering it about a week ago. I had been interested in Astrophysics since I was at least 10 if not earlier, Psychology I didn't become interested in until I was a senior in high school. The only downside now is I'm just kinda coasting through classes since they don't interest me nearly as much anymore.

You could also get a double major for both but you probably don't have the patience for that. I think astronomy is more interesting than psychology but that's my opinion.

kael03 03-27-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjalostboy95 (Post 1940926)
You could also get a double major for both but you probably don't have the patience for that.

It's not the patience, as I have that, it's the interest. I've become disinterested in psychology to the point I'm just coasting through classes.

Quote:

I think astronomy is more interesting than psychology but that's my opinion.
Astronomy would be my minor when I switch to Physics.

ninjalostboy95 03-27-2011 02:46 PM

Oh alright then.

AniMeFaN 03-27-2011 04:42 PM

how far along in school are you kael? you give off the impression you have been a psych major for a while and didnt just declare it.

kael03 03-27-2011 04:46 PM

I'm a senior undergrad. I technically have like 1 semester left, and declared my major in 2009. I just lost became disinterested in studying psychology and I've been thinking "I really have no idea what I want to do when I get out of school with this degree" a lot lately.

AniMeFaN 03-27-2011 04:58 PM

im not going to give you my psych 101 take on it but my advice would be finish your degree in psych, you are so close and if you switch to physics you probably dont have majority of the required classes and it would take atleast a year and a half. you only got 1 semester left, just knock it out. you could always get your degree in physics after.

kael03 03-27-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniMeFaN (Post 1940952)
im not going to give you my psych 101 take on it but my advice would be finish your degree in psych, you are so close and if you switch to physics you probably dont have majority of the required classes and it would take atleast a year and a half. you only got 1 semester left, just knock it out. you could always get your degree in physics after.

Or, I could switch to physics, as I already have all my gen eds done for the school of arts and sciences, including a class that will count towards my Physics degree. It will take me about 2 years to get my bachelor's in physics, another 2 years to get my Masters.

Also, why would I spend another $4000+ on a degree I'll never use and am steadily losing interest in? That makes no sense at all. I won't make any money from it, as even if I finish the degree I'll still have to go to graduate school to get my Masters to be able to do anything with a Psych degree.

And how the fuck is that "psych 101"? Why are you trying to play my phrase against me? It's not "psych 101" to say "finish the degree since your so close". It's advising 101 (they are different).

AniMeFaN 03-27-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1940959)
Or, I could switch to physics, as I already have all my gen eds done for the school of arts and sciences, including a class that will count towards my Physics degree. It will take me about 2 years to get my bachelor's in physics, another 2 years to get my Masters.

Also, why would I spend another $4000+ on a degree I'll never use and am steadily losing interest in? That makes no sense at all. I won't make any money from it, as even if I finish the degree I'll still have to go to graduate school to get my Masters to be able to do anything with a Psych degree.

And how the fuck is that "psych 101"? Why are you trying to play my phrase against me? It's not "psych 101" to say "finish the degree since your so close". It's advising 101 (they are different).

as i said you should just finish your degree in psych since it will only be 1 more semester and if you still want to switch to physics when your done then do so, switching to physics you probably wont have majority fo the classes ,it will probably take atleast a year and a half, you claim 2.

i dont know, why would you spend 12,000 towards a degree that requires 16 and then switch, why are you 25. almost done with college and planning to swithc majors and be 27-28 when you first graduate undergrad

its not psych 101, i said i wouldnt give you my psych 101 take on it, learn to read