Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Narutard chat thread (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=59158)

kael03 03-28-2011 02:39 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demi-God (Post 1941148)
Yeah shit like that happens, but go for it man, Physics is always a good course to do and if you do manage to get a Doctorate in it the whole NASA dream should be easier to achieve... if all that goes wrong, teach!

That was my intention! I figure I'll get my Master's, teach at a high school level, then continue on to my Doctorate and either go for NASA/SETI/other related programs or I'll move up to a college level classroom.

AniMeFaN 03-28-2011 02:39 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
yea, if you dont like teaching i would rethink your path

Nerox 03-28-2011 02:39 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demi-God (Post 1941148)
Yeah shit like that happens, but go for it man, Physics is always a good course to do and if you do manage to get a Doctorate in it the whole NASA dream should be easier to achieve... if all that goes wrong, teach!

Or come to Europe, the ESA will have a bigger budget than the NASA in some years anyway. ^^

kael03 03-28-2011 02:40 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by No Clue (Post 1941150)
yea, if you dont like teaching i would rethink your path

The fuck are you talking about? I've already said I'll be teaching. The level I teach at will be dependent on my degree.

Mal 03-28-2011 02:41 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerox (Post 1941151)
Or come to Europe, the ESA will have a bigger budget than the NASA in some years anyway. ^^

Because Obama's a bitch.

Demi-God 03-28-2011 02:41 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Good plan man, or like Nerox says Europe has a ton of opportunities for you, could always attempt CERN too. A friend of mine doing Mechanical Engineering almost managed to get an internship there for a year but he missed the deadline for it.

Kina 03-28-2011 02:41 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerox (Post 1941151)
Or come to Europe, the ESA will have a bigger budget than the NASA in some years anyway. ^^

I wonder if the different countries space programs still have those biases against one another.

kael03 03-28-2011 02:42 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
CERN is a good option, too. Not sure if I want to move to Europe though (no offense to those of you living in Europe), that's a long way from my family.

kluang 03-28-2011 02:43 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
The French and the German space program

Numinous 03-28-2011 02:44 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerox (Post 1941151)
Or come to Europe, the ESA will have a bigger budget than the NASA in some years anyway. ^^

Yeah, come to Dark Sid-errr... Europe, we have jobs AND cookies!

Also, I didn't know that there was a NYC in Antarctica, because probably the penguins there have more of a clue about life than Animefan.

Demi-God 03-28-2011 02:44 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
They'll just hold you back man, then when you're rich they'll try to get you to get free periodic table posters for them. You know how it is.

kluang 03-28-2011 02:44 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1941156)
CERN is a good option, too. Not sure if I want to move to Europe though (no offense to those of you living in Europe), that's a long way from my family.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s/9/90/No3.jpg

Mal 03-28-2011 02:50 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Forgot to respond to this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniMeFaN (Post 1941120)
mibs gave him the exact same advice and said he would do that if he was in the situation.

This is irrelevant to your argument. Just because Miburo is frequently correct doesn't mean everyone blindly agrees with him at all times (yes, that means that many of us think Miburo is wrong).

A bachelor's degree in psychology will not help Kael make the extra $3/hr+ he would need to make working part time over two years to simply break even on the unnecessary $5,000 it would cost him to get said degree.

ACt 03-28-2011 02:57 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey (Post 1941124)
Is this slang too :confused:

Nope. Not slang. I mean it honestly. You are all children! CHILLLLLLLLDDRREENNNNNNNNNN!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal (Post 1941153)
Because Obama's a bitch.

Makes me laugh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal (Post 1941161)
Forgot to respond to this:

This is irrelevant to your argument. Just because Miburo is frequently correct doesn't mean everyone blindly agrees with him at all times (yes, that means that many of us think Miburo is wrong).

A bachelor's degree in psychology will not help Kael make the extra $3/hr+ he would need to make working part time over two years to simply break even on the unnecessary $5,000 it would cost him to get said degree.

Wasn't Mibs being rather satirical on AF, giving the same argument to show how dumb it was? Maybe I read it too fast, but that's what I got.

EDIT: here's his edit, I'll let the masses judge:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miburo (Post 1940991)
Edit: Er, basically was only posting to say that calling a dude a retard for suggesting that one might want to finish off a bachelors degree in something isn't something I can fully endorse. Considering I'd totally spend a few months getting a bachelors degree in that scenario, and go around saying "Hey, ladies. College grad here. Who wants to pleasure me orally? Yeeeaaahh! :cool:" And I'm fucking brilliant. Yeeeaaahh! :cool:

Maybe I was wrong... although, I'm getting from the post that Mibs is brilliant at fucking... or something to that effect.

Mal 03-28-2011 03:05 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy (Post 1941162)
Wasn't Mibs being rather satirical on AF, giving the same argument to show how dumb it was? Maybe I read it too fast, but that's what I got.

EDIT: here's his edit, I'll let the masses judge:

Maybe I was wrong... although, I'm getting from the post that Mibs is brilliant at fucking... or something to that effect.

That doesn't seem like usual Miburo satirical style to me, and more his usual comedic addition to a serious statement. Unless he's changed things up I'm inclined to take his words at face value.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.