Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Narutard chat thread (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=59158)

Mal 02-13-2013 10:50 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread

My parents have cable, so I had it when I still lived with them. Since moving out, I have only had cable for three months: When my ISP/Cable company offered me a trial of TV and internet for less than I was paying for just internet. Got the deal and then cancelled it when the trial was over.

tl;dr cable company paid me $60 to have TV for three months.

-SassyLady- 02-13-2013 11:17 PM

Damn that must of been pretty sweet.

@Purple-Never heard of them. Personally I've been listening to a lot of underground music lately.

Mal 02-13-2013 11:46 PM

I think you'll find this is the greatest song ever.

01purple 02-14-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SassyLady- (Post 2134909)
Damn that must of been pretty sweet.

@Purple-Never heard of them. Personally I've been listening to a lot of underground music lately.

Yeah, getting paid to have TV? That's fantastic...

They're this really neat lo-fi basement pop band. XD And same here, plus lots of other things! Have you ever listened the Microphones (or Mount Eerie, same frontman)? Phil Elverum is a freaking genius. In the past year and a half I've discovered Sonic Youth, Deerhunter, Atlas Sound, Beach House, The Postal Service, The Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, Yo La Tengo, Wolf Parade, Youth Lagoon, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Drones, Ty Segall... The list goes on. There's so much great music out there.

Mal: That song was actually beautiful. XD Good anime, too.
Anyone who's seen the first season of Spice and Wolf, the theme song is called Tabi no Tochuu by Natsumi Kiyoura, and the full version of the song is just wonderful. It's in Japanese of course, but aside from lyrics, if you listen to the instrumentation it's just freaking incredible. There's so much production into it, it kills me.

Mal 02-14-2013 12:33 AM

Caravan Palace. Listen.

01purple 02-14-2013 12:35 AM

Any specific song suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked up random songs on Youtube. That was seriously rad.... It's like they took some 20's swing, jazz, and a mariachi band and compacted it into a crazy new sound. The female vocalist sounds like something right out of an old black and white film. Some of the videos were just amazing.

2nd edit: Upon further inspection, they appear to be french, so no mariachi. That's an interesting sound they have going there.

-SassyLady- 02-14-2013 09:04 AM

Speaking of which I need to re-watch Gundam Wing. Been forever since I last watched it.

@Purple- From the bands you've said I think I've only heard of The Postal Service. Others seem pretty interesting.

01purple 02-14-2013 11:25 PM

I freaking love The Postal Service. They kind have some Death Cab-esque sounds but WAAAY better. The other ones are definitely interesting. Neutral Milk Hotel's best album is basically about the singer's imagined relationship with Anne Frank... Besides some rather grotesque imagery, the lyrics are incredible and the overall sound is just crazy. All those other bands are great too, in my opinion. ^.^

LonelyNinja 02-14-2013 11:32 PM

I'm looking forward to The Postal Service's tenth year anniversary re-release. Has like two new songs on it, too.

01purple 02-14-2013 11:57 PM

Oh, you mean the re-release of Give Up? I'm dying for that, oh my gosh. 15 bonus tracks, and yeah, the two new songs. It's going to be so great.

LonelyNinja 02-15-2013 02:34 AM

I'll probably buy it, too. I got around to buying Anberlin's new album Vital and it's convinced me to buy CDs again.

Also, pirating on mediafire has gotten to be more trouble than it's worth.

Jaxon 02-15-2013 10:34 AM

I LOOOOVE YOU JEEESUUUUS CUHRIIIIIIST.

Mediafire is okay, you just have to be quick about it.

EJ 02-15-2013 12:07 PM

Pirating anything after Megaupload got hit with the hammer has been a bitch.

Also holy crap, it's been years since I've been here ;_;

Demi-God 02-15-2013 01:02 PM

Learn to torrent buddy.

LonelyNinja 02-15-2013 01:21 PM

Bro, that's only like half of their songs.

EJ, welcome back, brah.

Arty-McSmarty, I would, but Time Warner kills the Internet when they realize I'm torrenting anything. Feels bad, man.