Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Narutard chat thread (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=59158)

Kina 03-18-2011 03:10 PM

Re: Narutard chat thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0systm (Post 1939645)
Better idea, come to mine and we'll go the beach, I live 5 minutes away.

I'm game. <3 : D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerox (Post 1939647)
Kina lives closer, only 7792 km.

Well, that's the bay and you can't really jump in there, but the public beaches are about the same distance as Zero is you account for traffic.

zer0systm 03-18-2011 04:57 PM

So? Jetty Jumping for everyone?

KillerNN 03-18-2011 05:03 PM

How is it going everyone?

83 degrees here in Tampa.

zer0systm 03-18-2011 05:06 PM

Oh that's silly farenheit imperial units, it's only 28 degrees in real units. Lovely day.

Tabris 03-18-2011 05:33 PM

i have set the thermostat to 25 before. it was great.
and it wasn't my house, so i'd never see the heating bill :D

KillerNN 03-18-2011 05:46 PM

Oh, and by the way (before I forget) kael, I saw your little comments about rap and didn't have time to respond since I've been gone for like 3 weeks.
I just wrote up a massive paragraph response, and deleted it because I don't want to drag old shit to now. But stop generalizing music and being so fucking pissy. I didn't say shit about your gotdamn opinion, I was referring to your "facts" when I said you're totally wrong.

Num, here bro.
Good music is good.
And he's still considered a rapper. He fills his songs with emotions and important lyrics. He doesn't always care about rhyming, or what people think about him, and is a lyricist. No "fast" "meaningless" rap with Kid Cudi.
Or, if you want more of an insane-metal type feel, Tyler is fucking insane, a reject of society, but makes good metaphorical music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZi...eature=related
If you don't care, sorry. Just didn't have time to type this about 3 weeks ago, or any time between.

Tabris 03-18-2011 05:50 PM

shouldn't this argument be in the other thread. the one with the argument

KillerNN 03-18-2011 05:54 PM

No Tabris, the argument is from a while back when kael denounced rap as music and generalized it.

Tabris 03-18-2011 05:55 PM

Ah, i thought you were refering to the argument in the rip nate dogg thread

KillerNN 03-18-2011 05:57 PM

No, I have no comment on it as I didn't know Nate Dogg as well as I would've liked. I try to avoid mainstream music.

kael03 03-18-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerNN (Post 1939726)
Oh, and by the way (before I forget) kael, I saw your little comments about rap and didn't have time to respond since I've been gone for like 3 weeks.

It's been like a week since that argument. It's dead now. But, since you decided to bring it back up...ok.

Quote:

I just wrote up a massive paragraph response, and deleted it because I don't want to drag old shit to now.
You already did by necroing the argument with this post.

Quote:

But stop generalizing music and being so fucking pissy.
I wasn't being pissy. I just don't like rap as a genre. I listen to a couple of the older rappers, but I can't stand the majority of them as they all rap about the same damn thing.

Quote:

I didn't say shit about your gotdamn opinion, I was referring to your "facts" when I said you're totally wrong.
Considering my "facts" were my opinion...what the fuck are you talking about?

Numinous 03-18-2011 06:20 PM

@ KNN: I like Kid Cudi, specially Day 'N' Nite (the original version, the dismal beat is enjoyable, something the mainstream remix just crapped all over). But the "like" is more on the "oh, this is nice" rather than "it's the shit!". Sorry, but what puts me off rap is pretty much inherent to it (the dissonance), I'm not in any way against the lyrics or the message (unless they're stupid, of course, but that can happen in any genre).

It's really just a matter of preference, if my music player got stuck and only played a rap song or Sonata in D minor by Scarlatti, I wouldn't even think twice.

KillerNN 03-18-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1939734)
It's been like a week since that argument. It's dead now. But, since you decided to bring it back up...ok.
You already did by necroing the argument with this post.
I wasn't being pissy. I just don't like rap as a genre. I listen to a couple of the older rappers, but I can't stand the majority of them as they all rap about the same damn thing.
Considering my "facts" were my opinion...what the fuck are you talking about?

Ahh, 2 weeks ago. My time is completely off, busy as hell. Apologies.
But no kael, I wasn't trying to necro the argument. I was basically saying that it doesn't make sense to judge a whole genre of music because some of the music is horrible. For example, to be honest (you guys know I am religious) I think gospel music is boring as hell, and don't like it. But I listened to it for a bit, and picked out a few artists that are actually alright. Thats all I am saying.
Again, I apologize for bringing up a dead topic. I just haven't had the time to reply.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 1939735)
@ KNN: I like Kid Cudi, specially Day 'N' Nite (the original version, the dismal beat is enjoyable, something the mainstream remix just crapped all over). But the "like" is more on the "oh, this is nice" rather than "it's the shit!". Sorry, but what puts me off rap is pretty much inherent to it (the dissonance), I'm not in any way against the lyrics or the message (unless they're stupid, of course, but that can happen in any genre).

It's really just a matter of preference, if y music player got stuck and only played a rap song or Sonata in D minor by Scarlatti, I wouldn't even think twice.

I understand Num, I was just trying to show you someone based on your criteria. To be honest, if I had to choose between Day n Nite and this, the latter would be on replay.

Numinous 03-18-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerNN (Post 1939738)
For example, to be honest (you guys know I am religious) I think gospel music is boring as hell, and don't like it

Oh the irony. I'm an atheist and I LOVE religious music. I eat it up like a kid in a chocolate store. From cantus firmus to madrigals, from Schubert to Mozart, from Bach to Verdi, I <3 them all.

That's specially why I want to punch Beyoncé for ruining Ave Maria by turning it into a yet another "men are douches" song.

Tabris 03-18-2011 06:48 PM

oooh, avoid main stream music.
that is so hipster and COOOOOL

on a different, but similar note: The Shiny Toy Guns have reunited to put out their first album in 3 years :D