Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HOLY--a game with all the shonen jump characters? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=6313)

Roy Mustang 07-14-2005 01:30 AM

HOLY--a game with all the shonen jump characters?

well the title says it all the game is a fighting game like super smash bros but with shonen jump characters such as Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto!!, Prince of Tennis, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball Z, One Piece, Hikaru No Go, AND SHAMAN KING!!

bad thing is...its coming out on japan on august 8 2005 so i doubt we'll get it anytime soon but good thing is its a fighting game but its for DS which means that u could play japanese games on their too?? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Gene Starwin 07-14-2005 01:32 AM

That sounds pretty cool only if I had a DS.

YoshiToshi 07-14-2005 01:37 AM

I saw that article for that in a Nintendo Power magazine. Aw man, that game is pretty cool. It's really awesome too. It's said to be the "anime version" or SSBM. (super smash bros. melee). Anyways, as much as SSBM goes, I'll bet that this game is way cooler. They haven't made it in english, because it's going out in japanese first, of course, but I can already tell that this game rocks. We just have to pray and cross our fingers that it will come out in english.

Roy Mustang 07-14-2005 01:45 AM

lol it will i mean its all the characters from SJ but it'll come probably early or mid 2006

shadowclone 07-14-2005 01:48 AM

How did u find out about this Keitaro?
Well u can always play it in an emulator.

ApatheticDimwit 07-14-2005 02:54 AM

Hey i'm in japan around there should I go get it? o.O

Satoku 07-14-2005 02:57 AM

dammit then I better find my DS charger or a screwdriver (spell check)

Hokage Naruto 07-14-2005 03:06 AM

That's awesome!!! ...Must...play...

Gene Starwin 07-14-2005 03:17 AM

Uchiha was it in the latest edition of Nintendo Power?

YoshiToshi 07-14-2005 08:45 AM

OK, first off, I'd like to clear one thing: it's not called "HOLY" I just found out that it's called "Jump Super Stars." Here, read about it from the website: n-cubed.com

[Nintendo is now co-developing a fighter game for the Nintendo DS with Shonen Jump called Jump Super Stars. This is the Japanese Shonen Jump, people, so there may eventually be characters that we don't recognize. Confirmed characters are Uzumaki Naruto (from Naruto), Monkey D. Luffy (from One Piece), and Goku (Dragonball series). Nintendo has been very cryptic about specifics with the game, saying that it will be an action-fighting game that "allows players to experience distinctive gameplay that's unique to the DS." Because it has a touch screen. You might've heard someone mention that.]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Starwin
Uchiha was it in the latest edition of Nintendo Power?

You know, i can't find it in the last 6 issues. Maybe I was mistaken and read it somewhere else. Though, I'm pretty sure I read it in a Nintendo Power magazine. I'll post more info if I can find any........ BUT, i did know about a VERY long time ago. I knew about like, LAST YEAR!

Ok, I edited since I'm not allowed to double-post; This is from the site called mygamer.com

[With the rapidly growing interest in Shonen Jump, a monthly Manga magazine that's insanely popular in Japan, related game titles were all but inevitable. While published games already exist for some of the individual series, like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragon Ball Z, Jump Superstars offers a combination of characters from numerous Shonen Jump Manga. However, this particular title doesn't seem as though it's going to be a common, by the numbers, licensed game - Nintendo and Jump are working hand-in-hand on this one.

Firstly, let's address the most important concern for the many Manga fanboys out there: the characters. Well, unfortunately, very few were in attendance for the demo version (according to a recent IGN article); only Monkey Luffy (One Piece), Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto), Bo-Bobo (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo) and Goku (Dragon Ball Z) were available. However, photos from the Jump Festival show other characters (like Rock Lee from Naruto) posing with the game's logo along with the four known characters, which would indicate that they'll be playable, too.

Gameplay should to be similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee (SSBM), insofar as it's a four player fighting game set in levels riddled with platforms of varying heights. The ‘Y' and ‘B' buttons perform basic attacks (‘Y' being weak, ‘B' being strong), ‘X' jumps and ‘A' executes a special move. Pressing the buttons simultaneously with specific D-Pad directions performs different attacks. The way to win in the demo was similar to the Collect-the-Coin battles in SSBM, where each player has to beat up other players to collect points from them, and the player emerging with most points when the time runs out is the victor. What sets Jump Superstars apart from SSBM is its card system, which is used with the DS's touch screen. There are presently three different types of cards: Support, Help and Battle. Support cards summon an ally (another Jump character, of course) to the field to unleash a powerful attack on an enemy - which will make for many cameos. Help cards boost your character's strength temporarily and, as the name implies, are meant for use in dire situations. Battle cards are the biggest change to the sequence, allowing you to change your character on-the-fly.

At present, there is no set North American release date for Jump Superstars. Naruto anime is going to hit Cartoon Network in spring 2005 and - though it'll probably be huge - Jump Superstars may very well be delayed until it catches on significantly in the US. That being the case, expect to see Jump Superstars at some point in the future, but perhaps not any time soon. However, if you can't wait, you can always import - just brush up on your Japanese first.]

There doesn't seem to be alot of information out for this game. And above, it says that "Naruto anime is going to hit CN in spring 2005"? Didn't spring pass already? I don't see any Naruto!

spiral_vortex 07-14-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi
I saw that article for that in a Nintendo Power magazine. Aw man, that game is pretty cool. It's really awesome too. It's said to be the "anime version" or SSBM. (super smash bros. melee). Anyways, as much as SSBM goes, I'll bet that this game is way cooler. They haven't made it in english, because it's going out in japanese first, of course, but I can already tell that this game rocks. We just have to pray and cross our fingers that it will come out in english.

me too and my frend went crazy and he ended up buying a ds wen it came out

Roy Mustang 07-14-2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowclone
How did u find out about this Keitaro?

ROFL and ppl give all props,credit, and etc. to shadow clone he was the one who found it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi
OK, first off, I'd like to clear one thing: it's not called "HOLY"!

duh i just said holy cause i was gonna say "Holy shit a game with all the SJ characters?"

Demi-God 07-14-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowclone

Yep..... as soon as I find a working DS emulator that is

OffTheChain 07-14-2005 02:13 PM

shyte! i must ask len to get this one for me ^^

he sent me bleach on psp the other day ^^

YoruWoNukeru 07-14-2005 03:30 PM

*whimper* :( *whimper*

THIS ONE WANTS THIS GAME!!!!!!! ^_^