Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fairy Tail 213 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=66066)

Marlboro 11-27-2010 08:28 AM

Fairy Tail 213

Enjoy:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/82180230/1

stubborn_d0nkey 11-27-2010 08:41 AM

Re: Fairy Tail 213

Mest, oh mest

Buck09 11-27-2010 08:54 AM

Wow was a good chapter, was really more of the build up im guessing. Was extremely surprised about Mest wow, I knew the council were dicks but to go that far to get Fairy Tail in trouble, not going to like them in the coming future.

I wonder if Lily will be a good match up for that member of the Kin, or do you think it will be a big gang up of Mest, Wendy and Lily against him ?

Spiegel 11-27-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck09 (Post 1913613)
Wow was a good chapter, was really more of the build up im guessing. Was extremely surprised about Mest wow, I knew the council were dicks but to go that far to get Fairy Tail in trouble, not going to like them in the coming future.

I wonder if Lily will be a good match up for that member of the Kin, or do you think it will be a big gang up of Mest, Wendy and Lily against him ?

Lily is strong but if I recall him and Gajeel where at a stalemate when they fought at Edoras. But then again Gajeel may have been holding back as to not hurt him to make him his own cat. Either way I can't see Lily taking on anyone from the 7 kin. His major disadvantage is that he can't keep his original form for that long. He still has a lot of developing to do as a magical being.

The new council are indeed shit. Well the old council were shit too, except for that one old guy that always stuck his neck out for Fairy Tail, but they wouldn't stoop so low. But I can see still see Mest helping out. I think he works for the council but isn't necessarily a part of the actual council.

Should be a good battle. The 7 Kin seem ridiculously strong. Its reminds me of the Oracion Seis arc.

ACt 11-27-2010 11:09 AM

I am rather disappointed in the revelation of Mest. Really made him look stupid. "Iz here to take you all out with my ship <boom> wha?" I hope for something a little better.

What's up with Cana? We're being attacked but I don't care I'm going to continue with the exam??? I suppose she's about to get a reality check which means her becoming an S-class mage means nothing anymore. So much for that plotline.

Spiegel 11-27-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkamaruChewtoy (Post 1913623)
I am rather disappointed in the revelation of Mest. Really made him look stupid. "Iz here to take you all out with my ship <boom> wha?" I hope for something a little better.

What's up with Cana? We're being attacked but I don't care I'm going to continue with the exam??? I suppose she's about to get a reality check which means her becoming an S-class mage means nothing anymore. So much for that plotline.

Well we still don't know what the reason for her needing to become an S-Class mage is for. Apparently is something that if she doesn't achieve will result in her quitting the guild. I can't really think of a good reason for that type of motivation which is irking because all this is doing is making her look very selfish. The only thing possible parallel that I can make is that it might have something to do with that guy that kills people within contact. Plot wise, this arc is way more interesting than the previous.

I also agree that the whole Mest thing was a bit tacky but Mashima still has room to save that character. I'm interested in his magic abilities.

itachikillsnaruto 11-27-2010 11:35 AM

this chapter was really good, but i wouldnt have expected mest to be part of the council.

ask me anything 11-27-2010 12:50 PM

Mest doesn't seem like such a bad guy. Sure he's trying to get Fairy Tail disbanded, and that's kinda douchey, but he did save Wendy, so he's at least an honorable guy.

I don't think he's all that strong myself. I'm seriously questioning whether he was even in the guild last year, when they had their tournament. Probably not.

I see Mest as being their new ally on the council. After they kick these guys asses, and someone saves him from death, he's going to have a serious change of heart about Fairy Tail, and see them as the hero's they are.

platinumrug 11-27-2010 02:33 PM

Hiro got me on this one. I totally thought it was Mest, just to have Hashirama.. I mean Azuma come out of the tree like that and destroy a flagship of the council... gawd damn. Build up was nice. I liked this chapter a lot.

kluang 11-27-2010 11:19 PM

Hiro got me too.

I think Mest will be the most developed character in this arc. Maybe he will die or maybe the death kid or maybe someone else.

Marlboro 11-28-2010 03:46 AM

The chapter was good IMO.

Hiro making us think that Mest is one of the 7 Kin and then turn out to be a member of the council was a nice setup for me. I like those kind of situations.

Also, couldn't help but notice that Azuma looks like Vegeta in this panel, its the one to the right:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/82180230/19

platinumrug 11-28-2010 06:40 AM

So mest had the power to alter memories and he just implemented himself in the guild like he was someone who was originally in the guild to begin with... he was just a council member anywho... what an amateur though lol. But Lily is no slouch so I'm not surprised.

stubborn_d0nkey 11-28-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakashi87 (Post 1913625)
Well we still don't know what the reason for her needing to become an S-Class mage is for. Apparently is something that if she doesn't achieve will result in her quitting the guild. I can't really think of a good reason for that type of motivation which is irking because all this is doing is making her look very selfish. The only thing possible parallel that I can make is that it might have something to do with that guy that kills people within contact. Plot wise, this arc is way more interesting than the previous.

I also agree that the whole Mest thing was a bit tacky but Mashima still has room to save that character. I'm interested in his magic abilities.

Well, since we were introduced with Cana's need to be S-class I've always thought it has something to do with the doors that opens up, or something like that. I've been thinking that she wants to save a loved one or something. Maybe there is an s class mission that gives details about their whereabouts. Maybe that person is "bad" which is why she cant/doesnt wanna tell anybody.

I've been thinking along those lines.

Gakure 11-28-2010 02:27 PM

So there is teleportation jutsu (magic) in ft too. Reminded me of Minato.

Hiro got me clean on the mest thing. A council member shd be strong right, like on Marakov's level.

Jusr hoping Gildarts saw the signal cos I want him pit against that old council girl who has the time magic, Ultear.( Gildarts got destructive magic and she got repair. It will be interesting to see)

redexploit 11-28-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gakure (Post 1913735)
Hiro got me clean on the mest thing. A council member shd be strong right, like on Marakov's level.

No way. We have seen maybe 5 mages in the entire manga who are on Marakov's level. Off the top of my head: Zeref, Hades, Gildartz, Laxus's father. I personally wouldn't consider mages like Jose, Jura Nekis and Zero to be on Marakov's level. To use a Naruto analogy, this is where I would draw the line between an elite Kage vs. a mid-lvl Kage. But that is a personal opinion.

Quote:

Jusr hoping Gildarts saw the signal cos I want him pit against that old council girl who has the time magic, Ultear.( Gildarts got destructive magic and she got repair. It will be interesting to see)
Yeah, she might have some magic that could counter his, but I still think that he would simply overwhelm her. Especially since she isn't the leader of the Seven Kin (and leadership is generally indicative of relative power within a group). Gildartz just seems so ridiculously overpowered. To use another analogy (this is an overstatement), who cares if water puts out fire if all you have is the equivalent of a small swimming pool to extinguish an entire forest fire.