Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   World News (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=67968)

kluang 01-08-2011 09:27 PM

Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

And this is what the one idiot on yahoo says

Hit called by Sarah Palin. BULLSEYE. Take 'em down!

and another idiot

HIT Ordered by Steve E. Tima, Illigitimate head of Arizona Organized Crime; organized in assocation with his adopted son Cesar S. Tima Chavez both of 10148 West Monterosa, Phoenix, AZ 85037

LonelyNinja 01-09-2011 01:29 AM

Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5172787_n.jpg

Words cannot properly express my disgust for Palin. How fucking dare she make a list of Congressmen and label them with crosshairs. That is so fucking low. If this doesn't put a damper on her political career I'll put a bullet through her head myself, albeit with a much larger gun than a pistol.

The gunman has made statements about governmental power abuse and his stance against healthcare reform. Add that to Palin's little list and there is no way this is pure coincidence.

kluang 01-09-2011 03:04 AM

1 down, 19 to go

On a serious note, the crosshairs of a gun sight over those districts and Republican challenger held fundraisers where he urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle

I almost see a connection here

Sensei-Q 01-09-2011 05:35 AM

I'm on the verge of laughing my arse off.

Axiom 01-09-2011 11:08 AM

^Because senseless murder is funny? Maybe I am a little morbid, I seem to have missed the humor in this situation.

Sensei-Q 01-09-2011 11:29 AM

I was laughing at the above checklist. It has to be a coincidence.

kluang 01-09-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-Q (Post 1923146)
I was laughing at the above checklist. It has to be a coincidence.

The above checklist and the congresswoman rival urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle

Oh yeah coincidental it is.

Palin sets the fuse

Dagoro 01-10-2011 09:32 AM

A 9 year old girl also died during this shooting. The dude deserves nothing less than death if you ask me.

ACt 01-10-2011 11:57 AM

Yeah, lots of death, twisted individual who deserves death, blah blah blah. The incident itself is a minor story in the long run. The interesting factor to this all is that I feel this is an accurate depiction of the anger, mistrust and missteps that are plaguing the bipartisan hate fest that is American Politics. Sure, all the rich business Americans who are senators and congressmen/women are able to say one thing then go to lunch the next, but the fever they elicit in the struggling, poor, gun-toting public was bound to erupt and here it is.

So what now? Every politician is culpable in stoking this fire that has led to six deaths and a near successful assassination of a major political figure - as bad as Palin is, she isn't alone. Does this represent a movement to take stock in the nasty business that is running the US? Will there be a universal motion to take a step back or regulated what people can or cannot say?

I bet no and this whole mess will be under the rug in two weeks as all sides deny culpability and finger some outrageous belief of the individual shooter that no one can agree with - like he's a Nazi or a child molester or just like those Columbine guys. This is going to be a fascinating study in the Teflon nature of US politicians and Sarah Palin in particular.

It'll determine for Republicans the fitness of Palin for a presidential run. If her shit smells clean after this, she is your candidate in 2012.

Dagoro 01-10-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

It'll determine for Republicans the fitness of Palin for a presidential run. If her shit smells clean after this, she is your candidate in 2012.
Her credibility lies mostly with the frindge, after the many embarassing moments spawned from her own inediquacy as a candidate her chances at the presidency are really low from my pov. Specially with the republicans taking back the house, and the sad fact that their lies and fear mongering turned the public opinion against Obama. The republicans could possibly take 2012 with any half decent candidate with the set up they are building.

ACt 01-10-2011 12:37 PM

The reasons I have it sooner it sooner is as follows:

1) Celebrity. These days it's often who you are more than what you are. Obama was one and the Republicans could easily turn to someone they think people will feel comfortable with. Put a strong moderate behind her in VP and you have yourself a solid ticket that the right and religious right can get behind. It is somewhat similar to what they did with Bush, but Chenny was the other way.

2) The Arizona Shooting. This is a make or break reason, but Palin has to respond after her previous attacks. To to this, she needs to play to a broad audience. With the proper message (which will probably be prime time), she could effectively broaden her appeal with impunity. They are working on it, just depends which way they'll go.

3) Simplicity of message + Anger in America. Palin just boils things down so simply, the true arguments and complexities in every situation disappear and everything becomes yes no, and in that fight, Obama would complicate himself or be put off kilter when Palin is so simple she would not waiver. With the general public, that could resonate. (it is also the reason that Palin would be a TERRIBLE leader in any sense of the word).

4) The now factor. The longer Palin and her cronies wait, the longer American has to get tired of her. Capitalized. Remember, they only need to win a few states, since the country is mostly divided already, to win the White House.

But, you also bring up the point that the Republicans do have Obama reeling that they may not need such a bombastic approach and let the country just deliver everything back to them (really - do the Americans in this forum realize how stupid that sounds?) without doing anything but resisting on everything Obama wants.

kluang 01-10-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 1923351)
A 9 year old girl also died during this shooting. The dude deserves nothing less than death if you ask me.

I agree with that but what motivate this guy to go rampage in public. Everyone is calling him a neo nazi, left wing liberal, twisted dude who acts on his own. They probably base that on his youtube video or something. But that cant be all.

People do things for a reason. You dont just go to the mall and start shooting everybody because you have a bunch of crazy videos on youtube. Thats like saying most of the AMV makers on youtube going to shoot somebody.

the one who ignites the fuse must be found too.

The one who ignites the fuse cant get away with out of jail free card

Dagoro 01-10-2011 12:51 PM

I think Palin being the chosen candidate is the only thing that would give Obama a real shot at re-election.

While the contry is pretty polarized, there are less retards than the media makes seem to be, and Palin is just the zenith of dee-tee-ree when it comes to politics, or very close. There are bad first impressions and total train wrecks, and Palin qualifies as a great example for the latter. As an optimist, I sincerly doubt that anyone aside from the blind far right, that only cares about abortion, gays having rights and holy wars, would trust Palin with the still sensitive economy and other challenges the country face.

That is why I think they won't take any chances and choose someone decent, since the democrats were far too pussy to actually fight back on the message and far too resitant to get things done when they had all power.

Quote:

I agree with that but what motivate this guy to go rampage in public. Everyone is calling him a neo nazi, left wing liberal, twisted dude who acts on his own. They probably base that on his youtube video or something. But that cant be all.

People do things for a reason. You dont just go to the mall and start shooting everybody because you have a bunch of crazy videos on youtube. Thats like saying most of the AMV makers on youtube going to shoot somebody.
I could care less honestly. Everyone will twist this to defend w/e they believed was the cause. This boy deserves to die because he took the life of 6 innocent people, and to let him leave and waste tax payer dollars on him is an insult. I say take him out back and put a bullet in his head.

Axiom 01-10-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 1923379)
Everyone will twist this to defend w/e they believed was the cause.

This is what I see happening. Every other politician will use this incident, contorting the nature of the events to solidify and back their individual views. Its pretty shameful. I hope my US brethren can rise above it, and see the sugar covered shit.

kael03 01-10-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axiom (Post 1923490)
I hope my US brethren can rise above it, and see the sugar covered shit.

I wouldn't hold my breath.