Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Questions on the Devil Fruits (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=70359)

Buck09 02-16-2011 06:18 PM

Questions on the Devil Fruits

Now I was rewatching the CP9 or Enies Lobby Arc there and after a certain scene a question dawned on me. Now before I post my question I wish to apologize in advance if its already been answered in some way.

Now the scene I am talking about is when Kaku and Kalifa are eating there Devil Fruits, now from the ones that we have seen being eaten, Luffy's and Buggy's they swallowed them in one gulp, now with them they cut them up and ate them bit by bit.

Now for the question, do you think if some was to eat one half of a devil fruit and someone ate the other half what would the outcome be ?

Now I asked my mate about this and he is just about into One Piece as I am and he said, If it were a Logia type fruit, ( he used Ace for an example) they would both have the same abilities but wouldnt be as strong as they would if they had ate the full thing. Now if some of you dont think its a good answer thats fine but would really like some feedback.

Dagoro 02-16-2011 06:26 PM

Re: Questions on the Devil Fruits

Oda already answered that in an interview. The powers from a DF are transferred with 1 single bite, after that it is just a disgusting fruit.

stubborn_d0nkey 02-16-2011 06:37 PM

What if the bites were simultaneous? How would the fruit choose?

Buck09 02-16-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 1933619)
Oda already answered that in an interview. The powers from a DF are transferred with 1 single bite, after that it is just a disgusting fruit.

Well as I sadi sorry if theres and answer already out there :P but thanks very much on letting me know, now I can put that question out of my mind.

ask me anything 02-16-2011 06:44 PM

So there's really no reason to eat the whole thing then? Just one bit and your done. Apparently none of the characters know this, or they wouldn't be trying to choke down all that nasty shit.

Nothing says tasty like beef flavorted apples amirite.

Spiegel 02-17-2011 09:00 AM

Once you take that bite, the DF ability is yours only to wield until death. The DF curse can only reside in one person, at least that is the theory. There hasn't been any proof of someone using two DF abilities after eating two fruits.

Before you guys bring up the whole Blackbeard thing, he was only known to eat one fruit prior to obtaining the Gura Gura no mi from Whitebeard after his death. How he can use two devil fruits is beyond me. The only reasoning we get is that he has an abnormal body. How he get the power from WB is of course through the use of his original DF fruit but the details about that ability hasn't surfaced as of yet.