Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fairy Tail and Rave Special !! (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=70700)

Buck09 04-22-2011 10:15 AM

Fairy Tail and Rave Special !!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_ta...ave/90519581/1

Enjoy was quite a good read although, I do wish Let and Musica were a bit more involved :(

Spiegel 04-22-2011 12:55 PM

Re: Fairy Tail and Rave Special !!

This was indeed a surprise. I really enjoyed.

ask me anything 04-22-2011 03:36 PM

LOL, I've never read Rave before, but this certainly makes me want to. Of all the specials I've seen on Mangastream this is definitely one of the best.

Spiegel 04-22-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask me anything (Post 1945341)
LOL, I've never read Rave before, but this certainly makes me want to. Of all the specials I've seen on Mangastream this is definitely one of the best.

Dude, Rave is really good. I highly recommend it and I know others will agree with me.

ask me anything 04-22-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiegel (Post 1945351)
Dude, Rave is really good. I highly recommend it and I know others will agree with me.

Yeah, I've heard good things about it from other people here too, but it just seems like every time I get ready to read it, something else pops up that I gotta get to first.

I'm definitely going to read Rave as soon as I'm caught up with Berserk. I just started it a week ago, and I'm already 15 volumes into it. Holy shit, what have I've been missing all my life.

platinumrug 04-22-2011 05:08 PM

Definitely read it AMA, I sincerely thought I was good because I had just seen the anime... but the anime doesn't come CLOSE to the epicness of the manga, it's a shame really. Trust me, it'll be one of the better 296 chapter something odd chapter manga you'll read lol.

Vengeance 04-23-2011 09:59 AM

LMAO huge tits, staffs, heart kreuz clothing & it turns out to be Erza.

O yeah read rave.

redexploit 04-23-2011 11:46 AM

Since we're on the topic:

1) Haru vs. Natsu. Who would take it?

2) Ellie vs. Lucy. Preferred female protagonist?

manta 04-23-2011 11:59 AM

The author just told us that they're equal, if he were to draw a full battle it would end with both of them collapsing on the floor.

Vengeance 04-23-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redexploit (Post 1945388)
Since we're on the topic:

1) Haru vs. Natsu. Who would take it?

At this point Haru would destroy Natsu if they both went all out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redexploit (Post 1945388)
2) Ellie vs. Lucy. Preferred female protagonist?

I actually prefer Lucy over Ellie however if we're talking in an actual fight Ellie should be the one to take it at this point.

redexploit 04-24-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeance (Post 1945399)
At this point Haru would destroy Natsu if they both went all out.

Really? I don't see it like that. I think that Haru would win right now, but I don't think it would be by flying colors, not if Natsu was (somehow activated) using Dragon Force.

Overall, I feel like the power scale is slightly augmented in Fairy Tail compared to Rave. Although it's hard to say that when you consider that the final fight with Endless/Lucia was for the existence of the entire world... (For that matter, I don't think it's even possible for Hiro to give Fairy Tail the same type of EPIC ending that Rave had.) I think that Haru's "team" is stronger than Natsu's "team," but if you include the more powerful players in Fairy Tail (Gildarts, Laxus, Mystogan) then tide of battle changes...but I guess that this can go on an on (add Seig to Haru's side... and that dude is the magical beast that all of Fairy Tail was based off of...). But on a global scale I do think that the Fairy Tail Universe is slightly more powerful. That being said, the "general" SCALE, like straight up, overall number of characters, regions, duration, everything else in Rave was definitely larger.

Anyway, tangent aside, I think that Natsu when he realizes his full potential will stand above Haru, probably with a significant gap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeance
I actually prefer Lucy over Ellie however if we're talking in an actual fight Ellie should be the one to take it at this point.

I think Lucy is a more interesting character and a better protagonist, but I like the way Ellie is drawn more.

In terms of actual power, I don't think Lucy will ever be at Ellie's level. I mean, Etherion? However, since Ellie doesn't ever seem to fully master it/ or at least use it to its fullest in battle and merely sticks to energy blasts or magic bullets for her tonfa blasters, I would give the battle to Lucy.

PS - I realize also a slight flaw in my perception of each respective Manga. I read all of Rave within a few days (definitely under a week). I was 100% hooked. I have been reading Fairy Tail more or less since the start of the series and therefore have spent much more time constantly thinking about it, have taken my time reading it AND weekly discuss it on these forums. So my perspective/exposure isn't exactly "fair" and if I were to re-read Rave Master it is possible my opinions could change.

PPS - Spoiler alert? haha..

platinumrug 04-24-2011 05:43 AM

Haru would SMASH Natsu lol.

Vengeance 04-27-2011 06:05 AM

Umm ok for anyone who said Haru would lose to Natsu in a fight you do know what runesave sword form is capable of right?

Spiegel 04-27-2011 11:11 AM

Maybe in a pure fist brawl Natsu might have the upper hand but otherwise Natsu would more than likely lose unless Fairy Tail plot says otherwise.

ACt 04-27-2011 12:30 PM

Meh - didn't think much of this. Whatever, it is an ad to have more interest into Hiro's work to boast Fairy Tail's readership and remind people of Rave, which I hear was pretty good. Mission accomplished, I'll probably end up reading Rave at some point. But otherwise, meh.

Also, isn't it odd to compare the same character with different battle traits when one's story is complete and the other is mid-growth?