Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Soul Eater "War Against Evil" (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=71530)

Vengeance 06-20-2011 04:25 AM

Soul Eater "War Against Evil"

At the start of the series Death's main forces seemed to be as follows

The 8 Death Scythes
Spirit
Justin Law
Marie Mjolnir
Yumi Azusa
Tezca Tlipoca
Tsar Pushka
???
???

High Ranking Meisters
Stein
BJ
Kami (Maka's mother)
Enrique
Feodor

-------------------

As time has moved on 2 death scythes were killed off while one defected while Soul was transformed into a Death Scythe.

6 Death Scythes Remaining
Spirit
Marie Mjolnir
Yumi Azusa
Soul Evans
???
???

Two high ranking Meisters were killed off while Enrique has lost his partner & potentially his effectiveness in combat (I doubt allot of people could be compatible with a monkey). 3 Meisters in particular have shown potential in high level skill that could rival the likes of Stein & Kami.

High Ranking Meisters
Stein
Kami (Maka's mother)
Maka
Black * Star
Death the Kid

-------------------

Now we have the forces of evil which seem to continue to grow in number.

Note Worthy Villains
Asura/Kishin - 1 of 8 Ancient warriors who betrayed & consumed 3 of his fellow old ones.
Chrona/Ragnarok - Killed a Death Scythe along with its Meister. Also killed Medusa (not confirmed)
Justin Law/Madness Clown - Death Scythe prodigy who now sync's himself with the madness clown to further boost his power.
Noah(Wrath) - Greed aspect was killed while Wrath is the current form of Noah that is out of the index.
Mabaa - The Grand Witch not much is known about her power.

-------------------

So yeah just wondering how everyone thinks this war against madness is turning out lol. It seems to me like the good guys really aren't doing all that well. Villain power houses like Mosquito & Medusa where killed off by other villains while Giriko basically killed himself by getting to pissed off. I intentionally didn't add in some people because they're ether weak, may be dead, or it's unclear where there alliance lies.

One thing that I wanted to mention was the potential of Death the Kid being the cause of Shinigami's death. It's seems like the more DTK's Sanzu lines connect the weaker Shinigami becomes. This is shown in the cracks in Shinigami's mask whenever DTK uses them & the look of worry seen in Spirits face when the lines come up.

OiB 06-20-2011 01:26 PM

Re: Soul Eater "War Against Evil"

I started this series then put it on hold for a bit...marathoned it in two days because there was so much talk about this.

The thing I like about Soul Eater is the fact that the battles seem to be pretty balanced. The bad guys definitely take some wins over Shibusen/Spartoi, so it really hypes up the future battles for me. The war on madness is turning out pretty well IMO. I like the way the villains are doing things, and I'm sure Medusa is still alive, she's bound to witness the ultimate creation of madness in Crona/Ragnarok.

I'm actually looking forward to Asura waking up so Shinigami can get in a re-match using Spirit..that chapter will be fucking crazy.

As for Death the Kid, I was thinking the same thing about the Lines of Sanzu. There are probably two possibilities. Either all lines connect and Shinigami dies, or, all lines connect and Shinigami will just become powerless. Either way, Kid will have to take his fathers position, and I'm so hyped for Kid being the Death God of Death City.

Not to mention, I want to see Shinigami's face. I'm sure he's just as symmetrical as Kid.

And I'm hoping Maka's mom makes an appearance soon, I see her being pretty badass.

Buck09 06-20-2011 01:49 PM

Well I'll start with Kid as I have a little thought on what might happen. Once his three lines connect I think that will be the sign that he is ready to become the next Shinigami and the shinigami we all know and love will die and I think thats how the chain goes. Reason why as stated above Spirit face showed worry, possibly for Shinigami sama growing weaker everytime but also perhaps that his death is coming closer, I had a thought that the old Shinigami we saw in Past Event the badass one was actually the current Shinigami's Father and when the Death God we know took over he changed his costume to appeal more to the kids and also to be different from his father.

I know this may seem completely stupid when reading but its just a thought I came up with not bothered if it is right or wrong thats why these threads are made to discuss others ideas :P

Now for the whole War on Madness' I think its going more in favor for the Evil Team at the moment as OiB said 'The bad guys definitely take some wins over Shibusen/Spartoi' thats personally one of the reasons I enjoy reading Soul Eater as its not always one sided and you can never know whats going to happen next. Like last weeks Chapter Crona literally surprised me never thought he attempt to kill Medusa ( I dont think shes dead, but will be laying low to watch Crona continued evolution ).

I think the 8 Warriors of Shinigami should come into light soon, I know that 4 are most likely not to make an appearance, 3 are dead thanks to Asura and Asura has defected. Pretty sure Eibon and Excalibur are part of the Warriors but cant remember if its been confirmed. The one in Noah's book Wrath I think he will come back at some point, that leaves one warrior still out there.

And as for the Spartoi I think that Black Star will be the next to get his weapon upgraded to Death Scythe Rank.

Vengeance 06-20-2011 02:02 PM

Death - Madness of Order
Asura - Madness of Fear
Excalibur - Madness of Rage
Eibon - Madness of Knowledge
Unnamed (Black Blob in the Index) - Madness of Power

Vengeance 06-20-2011 03:47 PM

One that note the next generation to take over as concepts of madness.

Death the Kid - Madness of Order
Black * Star - Madness of Power
Chrona - Madness of Fear
Stein or Maka??- Madness of Knowledge
Gopher or Soul??- Madness of Rage

Buck09 06-20-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeance (Post 1952704)
One that note the next generation to take over as concepts of madness.

Death the Kid - Madness of Order
Black * Star - Madness of Power
Chrona - Madness of Fear
Stein or Maka??- Madness of Knowledge
Gopher or Soul??- Madness of Rage

I like this its Pretty cool :D

Madness of Knowledge - As much as I want to say Maka I think Stein is the better choice as whenever the madness takes him he does usually talk abotu finding out how something works :P

Madness of Rage - Sould mainly cause he can get angry very very easily.