Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CM PUNK!!!! (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=71701)

joessj5 06-28-2011 12:58 AM

CM PUNK!!!!

I dont know who watches wrestling, but if you don't i feel sorry for you. For those of us who do, what do you think about CM Punk throwing the greatest Promo in history!!! June 27, 2011, Cm Punk is the truth!!!!

kael03 06-28-2011 03:34 AM

Re: CM PUNK!!!!

I watch and the mic was cut way too conveniently for it to have been anything but scripted. $10 says Punk will ignore the "suspension" and appear on every smackdown and raw until Money in the Bank to hype things up. And I just looked on his facebook, apparently it was spoiled on prowrestling.com that this was just scripted just to further hype up the next PPV.

His argument about not being promoted as much recently I can agree with, but it's because the writers poured so much into his straight-edge life (which is legit) that they can't find an easy out of him being that much of a heel.

joessj5 06-28-2011 11:42 AM

there was no way that this was scripted. talking about vinces death, brock lesner, apersonal story, the conversations in the show are not scripted. It would be cool if he ignored the suspension though

ACt 06-28-2011 01:39 PM

Yeah, man. Wrestling doesn't script anything.

kael03 06-28-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joessj5 (Post 1954220)
there was no way that this was scripted. talking about vinces death, brock lesner, apersonal story, the conversations in the show are not scripted.

Actually, they are scripted. Every promo shot, every instance of "talking smack", every interview, it's all scripted. The Rock and John Cena have both come out and said that when they make fun of someone, they are given a script but ignore it. During DX's more recent gathering, Triple H even brought out the night's script at the beginning of one Raw. Their popularity allows them to do what they want to do to draw more crowds and make more money for the company.

And if last night wasn't scripted, they would've cut the mic the second Punk mentioned Japan's wrestling circuit or his time at Ring of Honor. Hell, the second he started talking about Heyman and Lesnar they would've cut the mic and the live feed. This "stunt" is just to hype up Money in the Bank, that's all.

Edit: Btw Austin, who is best friends with Vince outside of the WWE storylines, mentioned on twitter that this was all a promo stunt.

joessj5 06-30-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1954236)
Actually, they are scripted. Every promo shot, every instance of "talking smack", every interview, it's all scripted. The Rock and John Cena have both come out and said that when they make fun of someone, they are given a script but ignore it. During DX's more recent gathering, Triple H even brought out the night's script at the beginning of one Raw. Their popularity allows them to do what they want to do to draw more crowds and make more money for the company.

And if last night wasn't scripted, they would've cut the mic the second Punk mentioned Japan's wrestling circuit or his time at Ring of Honor. Hell, the second he started talking about Heyman and Lesnar they would've cut the mic and the live feed. This "stunt" is just to hype up Money in the Bank, that's all.

Edit: Btw Austin, who is best friends with Vince outside of the WWE storylines, mentioned on twitter that this was all a promo stunt.

I disagree.. They cut his mike, the thing is they werent sure where he was going, if he was going to far, CM Punk is unpredictable. They cut his Mike, right before Bully Camp.. It was definately real, it told the truth. The idea that Cena is the best... Paul heyman... Vince;s Brass rings... he even talks about Vince's death, which superstars, or people are afraid to tlak about... that was real.. That is entirely too much hype for just a money in the bank ppv.. A lot of wrestling is scripted, but not all of it...

kael03 06-30-2011 02:20 PM

I'm going to go ahead and call you an idiot if you think monday was legit. It is part of a STORYLINE. Several higher ups have already said it was a worked shoot (an interview that appears to be real but is all part of the story). He's already been confirmed to be released from his suspension on the condition that if Cena loses at Money in the Bank he'll be "fired"...again.

Since Punk's contract is supposedly due to expire at Money in the Bank, convenient timing for the story/promotion, why would they just suspend him indefinitely? Think about it for a second. His contract supposedly is up in 2 weeks and they suspend him indefinitely? It would be easier to just say "he was released from his contract" or "he was fired for his actions". "Suspending indefinitely" means he's going to stick around, they're just hyping up the pay-per-view.

Edit for Protip: 99.9% of everything happening in wrestling is scripted. The only times they aren't is when there is a legit injury/death.

Numinous 06-30-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joessj5 (Post 1954689)
A lot of wrestling is scripted, but not all of it...

Everything plot-related is scripted, the only exceptions are when impromptu actions (like some in combats) influence the script itself. Say someone is accidentally knocked-out, they can't possibly do their part in the script, so some improvisation is needed.

Don't be fooled, wrestling is just the testosterone-filled version of soap operas, if they aren't scripted then there wouldn't be any plot linked to the characters.

manta 06-30-2011 08:57 PM

The only thing that wasn't scripted, Macho Man Randy Savage fucking Vince's daughter.

OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HMMMMMMADNESSSSSS

kael03 06-30-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta (Post 1954773)
The only thing that wasn't scripted, Macho Man Randy Savage fucking Vince's daughter.

OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HMMMMMMADNESSSSSS

lolwut? Savage wasn't in anyway involved with McMahon when Stephanie became involved with the business. The only "nonscripted relationship" involving Stephanie was when she started dating Triple H, which H called the worst kept secret in the WWE.

Miburo 07-01-2011 12:23 AM

Pro wrestling is unmanly all male dancing soap tv faggotry. No one over the age of 10 that isn't at least mildly retarded likes that shit, and it brings great shame to real wrestling.

I'm talking about the shit shown in the US. I'm sure the japanese version is pretty cool, because japanese dudes can make tons of shit that would normally be stupid pretty cool. Like throwing two bugs in a hermit crab tank turns into epic gladiatorial insect battling.

Marlboro 07-01-2011 07:12 AM

I don't watch WWE for two main reasons:

1.) It's all acting. And pretty lame at that.

2.) Nexus.

Like the others have said, it's all scripted. And to say otherwise would prove to be stupid.

manta 07-01-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kael03 (Post 1954776)
lolwut? Savage wasn't in anyway involved with McMahon when Stephanie became involved with the business. The only "nonscripted relationship" involving Stephanie was when she started dating Triple H, which H called the worst kept secret in the WWE.

It's all a rumor though not a relationship just her virginity xD, mainly brought up because McMahon just plain hates Macho Man.

kluang 07-01-2011 08:41 AM

Soooooooo

Who the hell is this cm punk dude?

Marlboro 07-01-2011 10:00 AM

He's the new leader of Nexus. Like it didn't already suck enough before. I know this cuz I have fanatic friends.