- World News
||07-10-2011 05:45 AM
||07-10-2011 06:58 AM
Re: DoesSenateBill978makeYouTubeandvideogame run-throughvideosillegal?
From the link:
In extremely simple terms, it means you’re liable for criminal copyright infringement if you:
- Know copyright law forbids unauthorized streaming;
- Decide to infringe someone’s copyright anyway;
- For commercial advantage or personal financial gain;
- By streaming 10 or more copyrighted works without permission;
- During a 180-day period; and either
- Consumers buying access to all those streams from the copyright holder would spend a total of $2,500 or more; or
- You’ve made $2,500 or more illegally streaming those works; or
- The fair market license fees to those streams total more than $5,000.
I dont feel like reading through the bill(s), but the inserts he provided do say this, so I dont really see it affecting people that much, if it passes at all
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.