Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Series (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Manga and Anime?!?!?! HELP NEEDED (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=7787)

kokutentakamine 08-29-2005 04:46 PM

Manga and Anime?!?!?! HELP NEEDED

I've only started watchin Naruto 8 weeks ago, but i've got pretty much up to speed on everything that has happened so far, but I need some help. I missed quite a few episodes in the middle around about where Konoha got wrecked by Orichimaru until Naruto and Sasuke fight. Then i started watchin it from there again. I also read a bit of manga, and I want to know if the manga is ahead of the anime episodes, cos I read stuff that I definately haven't seen in the episodes, like Gaara gettin captured and killed or sumfin like that, with sum puppet lady fighting her grandson. I also wanna know, if this stuff is in the future, WHERE'S SASUKE AND WHY AREN'T THEY MENTIONING HIM IN THERE?!?! Have they given up lookin for him or sumfin?

itachi510 08-29-2005 04:51 PM

he ran off to orochimaru's for power.....yeah the manga's ahead.....they didn't give up yet....after getting gaara they will get sasuke i think.....

kokutentakamine 08-29-2005 05:01 PM

How far ahead is that thing with Gaara?

Rockshmo 08-29-2005 06:52 PM

Actually I think the manga might be behind. I downloaded the manga for dp 150 (the next upcoming episode) and it was the manga for when Naruto went "training" with Jiraiya and he ended up running around for food while Jiraiya sat in the whore house. It was the first time Rasengan was introduced in that whore house. So it's kinda weird.. I think that's behind.. right?

<DaNTe> 08-29-2005 07:44 PM

Lol. The Manga is way ahead of the Anime. I also havent seen the anime episodes from 1-74 so i read the manga. Then i got hooked up and carried on reading.

itachi510 08-29-2005 08:22 PM

the manga is way ahead cause they didn't talk about the 2.5 years of training jiraiya made naruto go through....in the manga, naruto is like almost 15 years old i think...

Rockshmo 08-29-2005 08:31 PM

Then why was the manga 150 behind the episode 149?

Cd92 08-29-2005 09:20 PM

The mangas are shorter, but there are more mangas than episodes.

Southern Nomad 08-29-2005 09:24 PM

Once you put it that way, you have to realize that the manga was released first. Afterwards came the anime. The anime moves more faster than the anime does, hence all the fillers we've been having. The manga needs to be put well ahead, i suppose.

What you're talking about Rockshmo, is the correspondence of the numbers. The Anime episodes are not showing one Chapter in the Manga, but usually more than one. It's all relative, you see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokutentakatime
How far ahead is that thing with Gaara?

Well, it's going on right now, even though we're currently seeing the grandma-grandson match.

Smeeeeee 08-29-2005 10:47 PM

manga also doesnt have fillers.

Sasuke423 08-30-2005 06:59 AM

...smeeee has a point...fillers do make a series longer than its manga...but i like tha manga better....all the way up to 270 something...yup, gaara dies....he will eventually on the show i guess...i haven't seen but a few episodes...only the ones during the retreival of sasuke from the sound 4....which was like....10 episodes....

Rockshmo 08-30-2005 07:52 PM

Hmm.. I kinda figured there were more than one manga incorporated into one anime episode. Well thanks for the answers. Also what is the point to fillers anyway? Why not just get rid of fillers and make it all action!!!!! :)

Ero 08-31-2005 05:42 AM

because the anime is based on the manga, if we had no fillers (despite how absolutely and utterly putred and pointless they are IMO) then the anime would literally have to stop after every 5 episodes to weight till the manga had enough corresponding chapters to make the next 5 episodes. it would be quite a boring and pointless weight (plus because each arc in manga is usually followed by a pause for the mangaka to recouperate and to figure out his next move ala chp 245, the anime has to compensate for that absence of time, before it is in a constant pace with the manga again).

Rockshmo 08-31-2005 02:54 PM

Ah.. makes sense... they shouldn't have started the anime so soon.. damn fillers!

Oh and I think you mean "wait" not "weight" but if your first language isn't English then you're excused. :)

Also what are "arcs" in the manga?