Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Toriko 157 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=80649)

Dagoro 09-15-2011 07:20 AM

Toriko 157

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/157

Enjoy.

I bet Toriko will be able to spam 36-ren very soon going by how fast the power inflation in the manga is increasing. Finally Coco shows up and displays something new, I was beginning to wonder where he was lol. His new power reminds me of Magellan's Venon Demon, and he just added sleep inducing poison to his arsenal.

Ichiryu's FC is about to be revealed little by little. He was one of Acacia's diciples so this should be good, and I bet the HKs will be venturing into Biotope 0 soon.

Spiegel 09-15-2011 05:01 PM

Re: Toriko 157

Good chapter. Toriko can do three sets of 36 ren, crazy! Coco has a cool looking poison armor. Coco seems to be the weakest of the four but at the same time the smartest, I always enjoy the chapters when he's in it. Makes them a bit more interesting.

ask me anything 09-15-2011 05:21 PM

At this rate Tokriko's gourmet cells are gonna get a massive power boost. Hmmm, I wonder if they are gonna seek out Ichiyu's entire full course? If so (and assuming each course consists of top notch special ingredients), the HK will be strong enough to enter Gourmet world in no time.

Dagoro 09-15-2011 05:46 PM

Biotope 0 is in the GW, so the HK need more training before venturing there.

ask me anything 09-15-2011 06:57 PM

IMO they aren't too far away from being able to enter the GW. Ichiyu already said Toriko has the raw power to make it their, but just lacks certain skills and adaptability. All of the HK's have come a long way here recently. Coco merc'd a level 74 beast in like 30 seconds or less. That's pretty impressive. Sunny has vastly sharpened instincts, Toriko has increaded his strength, and Zebra is...well he's Zebra. Nuff said.

At this point I'd like to see Toriko work more on his stamina and endurance. He definitely needs to raise the limit of how many calories he can store in his body. As cool as his 36 ren punch is, him only being able to use it 3 times wont cut it in GW. He needs to at least double his calories storage limit.

Also it's just a hunch, but I get the feeling Toriko won't be asked to find Ichiyu's entire full course. Sitting through another 7 of these easter egg hunt style missions would be boring as hell to me. I think this was meant more to showcase Coco's new powers then anything else. Also maybe to show Terry's growth to pave the way for him so that when he accompanies Toriko to GW, we wouldn't be all like "Wut when did he get that strong?"

Spiegel 09-17-2011 03:26 PM

I wonder who's training Coco and Zebura? Sani is being trained by that Saiseiya guy and Toriko by Ichiyu. I would like to see more of Coco's and Zebura's training instead, I feel like they aren't given enough of the spotlight.

ask me anything 09-17-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiegel (Post 1972228)
I wonder who's training Coco and Zebura? Sani is being trained by that Saiseiya guy and Toriko by Ichiyu. I would like to see more of Coco's and Zebura's training instead, I feel like they aren't given enough of the spotlight.

If I had to take a guess it would be that Zebura is either training himself (read:fucking shit up and eating whatever he wants) or maybe he met up with the Yakuza head boss. Or maybe he somehow knows Jiro. I could see him and that old drunk getting along just fine.:D I have no clue about Sani. He seems more like the do it himself loner type.

Dagoro 09-17-2011 07:22 PM

Wasn't Zebra ordered to capture a few hundred most wanted criminals, and discover a ton of new ingredients as conditions of his release ?

He is probably busy with that.

ask me anything 09-17-2011 08:49 PM

^Like I said, fucking shit up. Being assigned a task to do doesn't mean he can't also do other things in the process though. You know, multitasking and all that. As far as I know, they kinda left it up to his discretion about how to find the ingredients and which criminals he's gonna catch.

For example, lets say he bumps into Jiro at some bar and buys the old man a drink, and they get along good (Zebura like straight foreword people after all). Then Jiro mentions he's heading into GW, and Zebura is all like "fuck yeah I'm coming too", and Jiro feel obligated to let him come for buying him some drinks. See, perfect chance for him to find new shit and learn a few things. I mean it GW after all. New and unheard of ingredients are practically around every corner, amirite.

Or alternatively Zebura figures the perfect way to catch 500 criminals real quick is to head to the crime capital of the world, Nerg City. He thinks "I can catch that many guys by the end of the day", and has a run in with the Yakuza boss, and gets his ass whipped. Then Yakuza boss is all like "You're a decently strong guy. Tell you what, if you help me defeat my rivals I'll let you capture those guys instead. Only problem is you got to get a lot stronger if you're gonna be of any use to me". See where I'm going with this.