Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Anime (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Overated Characters (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=8427)

Dosu 09-20-2005 01:49 PM

Overated Characters

Ok, I know already that I'm going to get some backlash for this one, but it has to be said, I must stand for those, that like myself, feel that there is a serious over production of certain characters. The first on the chopping block is Sasuke, I know everyone loves Sasuke, but not me. Sasuke in my opinon is incredibly overated and quite frankly, isn't that interesting. Now as a main character it's expected that he will gain a certain level of popularity amoung the masses, and thats fine, My problem is when I post about my favorite character (guess witch one...) and hundreds of Sasuke fans not only tell me that I am wrong, but go on and on about how cool Sasuke is, if you like Sasuke fine, you don't need to convince me of your point ten times over, because ninety nine people before just did the same damn thing!!! I know he has the sharingan "Like oh my god!!!" I could give a rats ass about the freaking sharingan at this point, every damn thing is about the freaking sharingan, I DON'T CARE!!! it's not that cool, as far blood limits go it's so god damned over used!!! And the same thing applies to Kakashi and Itachi, I have a whole list of reasons why I think there're over rated to, but it will have to wait. The next thing is the Chidori, everytime Sasuke fights now, it's Chidori chidori chidori,AHH!!! I'm so tired of seeing that attack, and the same damn thing with the Rasengan, I'm tired of that move to, I mean every time they use one of them, another rule in Naruto is broken, want to kill a Kage? Chidori or Rasenagn, anyway damnit, I have to go for now, but I'll be back...

Tactical Thinking 09-20-2005 03:06 PM

So basically...you hate every character that's not your favorite character? And you hate everybody else because they don't praise him too? Listen, I can understand about not wanting to have people bash on your favorite character and give you reasons why there's is so cool. Okay? I understand. My point is, you're lowering yourself to there level by making this thread. All you're doing is whining about people thinking their favorite person is better than yours? DUH. Ofcourse they're going to say that. It's their FAVORITE character. It's not something to get so worked up over.

k-strife 09-20-2005 03:07 PM

Other characters I think are overrated are Neji, Haku, and Kimmimaro.

*puts flame suit on* flame away!

Tactical Thinking 09-20-2005 03:08 PM

How is Neji overrated? He gets next to NO action time. He was in like 6 episodes the entire series.

k-strife 09-20-2005 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Thinking
How is Neji overrated? He gets next to NO action time. He was in like 6 episodes the entire series.

Uhhh... How does him appearing in fewer episodes make him less overrated??

o·ver·rate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vr-rt)
-To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

Every time there is a Neji vs Soso thread, "Neji would wipe him" / "Neji would win no sweat" / "Soso doesn't stand a chance." /

Sure he's pretty good but come on now, too many people make him seem to be much better than he actually is (IMO). Thus, overrated.

Tactical Thinking 09-20-2005 03:22 PM

Don't you think if he were such an overrated character he would be used more in the series? He's clearly not that popular of a demand.

k-strife 09-20-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Don't you think if he were such an overrated character he would be used more in the series? He's clearly not that popular of a demand.

I was referring to people overrating him in this forum board.

And no I don't think they would, he is NOT a main character, why the heck would they focus it on him?

kidistight 09-20-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

So basically...you hate every character that's not your favorite character? And you hate everybody else because they don't praise him too? Listen, I can understand about not wanting to have people bash on your favorite character and give you reasons why there's is so cool. Okay? I understand. My point is, you're lowering yourself to there level by making this thread. All you're doing is whining about people thinking their favorite person is better than yours? DUH. Ofcourse they're going to say that. It's their FAVORITE character. It's not something to get so worked up over.

I don't think that is the case he doesn't seem to have a problem with any of the other bad guys other than Itachi, he doesn't have any complaints regarding Hinata, Shino, Shika, Chouji, Ino, and the list goes on and on. For the most part he is right it is kind of sickening to see these future jounin ninjas only use the same move every fight they are in, but it isn't there fault completely that they have a limited wealth of knowledge of useable jutsu's. I do disagree with him regarding Kakashi, I think that his fight with Itachi really humbled him and showed everyone that Kakashi isn't this high up untouchable being. There are people stronger than him that won't waste any time letting him know either.
Quote:

Originally Posted by k-strife
Other characters I think are overrated are Neji, Haku, and Kimmimaro.

*puts flame suit on* flame away!

I guess we find ourselves on the opposite of another debate huh strife, I do disagree with the fact that you think Haku is overrated she isn't talked about or even in the anime enough to be overrated. She had her short 15 minutes of fame and that was the end of her, now Neji and Kimmi they are very much overrated, Kimmi has been dead for a long time now and we still hear people talking about him. Yes he was very sick and he was very powerful to be able to push Gaara that far, but he was a jounin we should expect them to be that good. He was going to be Oro's new vessel so it should be given that he is strong as he was and able to push a genin to there brink.

P.S. I almost didn't want to agree with you because I enjoy debating with you to much. :D
Quote:

He actually does get a lot of airtime even though he isn't always around to start it, the times that everyone says that is the number 1 rookie from last year, how Neji is the genuis of his clan, as well as getting training from Hinata's dad in this most recent arc. The last part isn't his fault, but he was introduced back into the picture because of that, which unfortunately makes me feel like it is to much Neji. I guess I could agree with you if Neji wasn't in this latest arc for even a single second because that would be able 3 maybe 4 episodes without anything from him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by k-strife
I was referring to people overrating him in this forum board.

And no I don't think they would, he is NOT a main character, why the heck would they focus it on him?

My mistake strife I mistook your deffinition of overrated as meaning he is in to many episodes or around to much.

Smeeeeee 09-20-2005 07:47 PM

how is kimimaro overrated? he fought great and that was only like 25% of his true strength.

#1 Bad Guy 09-20-2005 08:27 PM

I agree with Dosu. Sasgay is very over rated, I've been screaming that since I started watching Naruto. But that is the great thing about Naruto. There are so many characters, and they are all so unique to each other that everyone has a favorite no matter how much, or how little they have been in the show. Or no matter how lame or cool you think each one is. So whatever, you dont like Sasuke- good, put in ya signature, not on the boards. Make a fan club if you really feel so strong about it cause its just gonna start a bunch of dumb arguments, and there is enough "dumbness" on these boards as it is.

But since you did start it, Ill do my job as a bad guy and fan the flames of this fire.

Other overrated chracters include:
Itachi-not as powerful as people make him out to be
Kiba-really hasnt pulled his weight in any mission, and he suks at fighting plus, no cool moves to me
Choji-should have died during the Sasgay rescue mission

Bet alot of yous dont like that Itachi Comment lol, guess what......i dont care what you like, I only care what I think, that is my way of the ninja lol

Smeeeeee 09-20-2005 08:28 PM

yea i forgot to comment on sasuke. from the start i hated him. i dont understand when i read the favorite character poll he was #2 after kakashi. i dont get how that works. i hate that punk. so overrated. i also think its gay how he got lees speed in a month how lee got it in years. thats BS.

Anko_Rises 09-20-2005 08:56 PM

Kimmimaro's dead... give him a break already.

So Dosu, do you hate the overrated characters or do you hate the way people overrate characters and forget about the characters that are not so overrated?

Smeeeeee 09-20-2005 09:03 PM

who in naruto isnt overrated? choji? lol

Tactical Thinking 09-20-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy
I agree with Dosu. Sasgay is very over rated, I've been screaming that since I started watching Naruto. But that is the great thing about Naruto. There are so many characters, and they are all so unique to each other that everyone has a favorite no matter how much, or how little they have been in the show. Or no matter how lame or cool you think each one is. So whatever, you dont like Sasuke- good, put in ya signature, not on the boards. Make a fan club if you really feel so strong about it cause its just gonna start a bunch of dumb arguments, and there is enough "dumbness" on these boards as it is.

But since you did start it, Ill do my job as a bad guy and fan the flames of this fire.

Other overrated chracters include:
Itachi-not as powerful as people make him out to be
Kiba-really hasnt pulled his weight in any mission, and he suks at fighting plus, no cool moves to me
Choji-should have died during the Sasgay rescue mission

Bet alot of yous dont like that Itachi Comment lol, guess what......i dont care what you like, I only care what I think, that is my way of the ninja lol

They're not dumb arguments. They're friendly debates. That is what forums are for. People expressing their thoughts and ideas.

#1 Bad Guy 09-20-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

They're not dumb arguments. They're friendly debates. That is what forums are for. People expressing their thoughts and ideas.

I personaly wouldn't call them debates since we'll only have our opinoins and no facts to back us up on who we think is overrated and not, and usualy "friendly debates" like this stay anything but friendly. You are right though, the point of these post is to express thoughts and ideas, but this will lead to no new ideas or theories or anything progressive, just a bunch of back and fourth flamming and what not for no reason. Atleast thats what I see post like this usualy trun into, of course I could be wrong on this occasion