Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   there will be enought buttons for the Revolution Controller... (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=8577)

sheik 09-26-2005 04:10 PM

there will be enought buttons for the Revolution Controller...

Just for those who still think that there are'nt enough buttons for the video games to be in-depth enough to be played. Here's a bit of information for you:

Nintendo Gameube Nintendo Revolution

A Button A Button
B Button B Trigger
X Button X (a) Button
Y Button Y (b) Button
L Button Z1 Trigger
R Button Z2 Trigger
Z Button Select Button
Start / Pause Button Start Button
Home Button

Also the number of analog sticks and directional pads is'nt different either:

Analog Stick Analog Stick
C Stick Pointer
Directional Pad Directional Pad

Anything else? Lol!

And I know that the X (a) and Y (b) buttons may be too far to be pushed often. But remember the controller is still in development and they could also be used for unimportant uses likes maps or whatnot. So no need to worry. As you can see there are MORE buttons than the Gamecube so it won't be a problem for SSBR! :p

Akatsuki Shinobi 10-01-2005 08:22 AM

omg...alote of buttons......

Jaxon 10-27-2005 11:06 AM

Erm, who cares how many buttons the rev controller has? It has the best/only new feature of all the next-gen console controllers (which Sony subsequently nicked...), and has a peripheral of the GCN controller to fit into.

typhoon_4434 10-27-2005 10:18 PM

The Number of buttons do not matter. They add to many complications to the controller. Don't you remember the SNES and NES controllers? They owned. SNES had 8 buttons and the D pad. All games were simple to learn.

Satoku 10-27-2005 10:24 PM

well if they used the GCN controller thats all we need

Mal 10-27-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhoon_4434
The Number of buttons do not matter. They add to many complications to the controller. Don't you remember the SNES and NES controllers? They owned. SNES had 8 buttons and the D pad. All games were simple to learn.

Considering how simple those games where, 8 buttons was more than enough. Try playing newer games (not jsut RPGs, ALL types of games) with only 8 buttons and a D-pad. One of my personal favorite genres (FPSs) just wouldn't work.

#1 Bad Guy 10-27-2005 11:37 PM

I thought you agreed to post all your Nintendo Revolution stuff on the same thread. Your killing me with all these random revolution threads.

Edit: And you dont need all those all buttons to play Mario and Pokemon. HA!

Mal 10-28-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy
I thought you agreed to post all your Nintendo Revolution stuff on the same thread.

Yeah, whatever happened to that? With that plan there was only one thread I had to avoid :D j/k

Akatsuki Shinobi 10-30-2005 10:48 AM

black, and white buttons where a good add on , if you ask me.

Rath 10-30-2005 12:33 PM

well the amount of buttons is pretty much the same, i'm not worried about that. But I am worried about how far the buttons are gonna be from each other. It'll be a pain the neck....or thumbs

Jaxon 10-30-2005 12:45 PM

Considering:
1: Nintendo make the best joypads in the world, and the rev controller will be the result of over 20 years experience
2. The thing is designed for 1 hand

I don't think that's gonna be an issue.