Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   NOOOO!!!! SONY COPIED NINTENDO AGAIN!!!!(rev controller wanna be) (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=8625)

sheik 09-28-2005 07:17 PM

NOOOO!!!! SONY COPIED NINTENDO AGAIN!!!!(rev controller wanna be)

Magic wand

PlayStation gamers are always looking for exciting new ways to control the onscreen action, but using a camera to track a player’s body movement has not worked reliably, admits Sony. The camera gets confused by other things in the room.

Sony’s new idea is to plug a webcam into the console, and give the gamer a handheld wand similar to a pocket flashlight. The wand has a battery, a few mouse-like buttons and several different coloured LEDs that can be switched on and off in various combinations.

By pressing the buttons and waving the wand towards the webcam, the gamer can click to shoot aliens, drag-and-drop images on screen and navigate menus.

The webcam is tuned to see only pure bright colours and map their motion in space, so it can ignore ordinary room lights. And if two people have wands with different coloured LEDs, they can play against each other.

Read about Sony’s gaming wand here (pdf format).

source: http://www.newscientist.com/channel/info-tech/dn7890

That was a article and I am so pissed! Why can't Sony stopping copying Nintendo! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I guess it is true. What nintendo create, Sony takes. I told you that Sony controller remote ad was eventally going to happen! Can they do something on their own? First Nintendo, then Austrailia, then George Foreman and now nintendo again!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheik 09-28-2005 07:28 PM

I even made a Brittany Spears Sony Spoof for the recent disaster!!!!!!!!

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think I did it again
I made a Rev controller clone
Oh yeah nintendo
It might seem like rip
But it doesn't mean that I'm gonna say sorry!
'Cause to lose all my money
That is just so typically me
Oh nintendo, nintendo

[CHORUS:]
Oops!...I did it again
I made a Rev controller Clone
Oh nintendo, nintendo
Oops!...You think I'm a stealer
That I'm sent from theifs
I'm not that innocent

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
That I could steal all your ideas
I laugh, watching you fail
Can't you see that your a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my money!
Nintendo Oh, oh

[Repeat CHORUS]

Oops!...I did it again
Got lost in console race, oh nintendo
Oops!...You think that I'm sent from thiefs
I'm not that innocent

corbenk 09-28-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiek

Oops we did it again!
We stole from nintendo
we do it all the tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmeeeee
oops
I think we stole!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AGAIN AND AGAIN!!
We're not that innocent!!!!!

Using your logic, nintendo stole the idea from the I toy, you could use weapons and such for theItoy.

Lol, sony did basically just copy nintendo on this one.

Satoku 09-28-2005 07:32 PM

they also did the rumble

DarknessDraqon 09-28-2005 08:32 PM

Well it is a good thing that sony stole the idea AND MADE IT BETTER!

Sony's "wand" isn't the main controller by anymeans, it is just like the old rifle for the nintendo (You know for duck hunt :p ) so using that as an example Nintendo's controller is going to be the rifle and Sony's is going to be a controller with the option for the rifle for some games. I would love to see you play a racing game with the rifle shiek. Get my point? Nintendo has screwed up big, but Sony has taken the "good idea" and made a practical use for it that doesn't suck!

Freshgrease 09-28-2005 09:25 PM

The real question is "who gives a F***?"

The entire concept of Nintendo's is crap as well as this. I'm old-skool I am going to stay that way THANKYOU!

sheik 09-29-2005 03:31 PM

THEY COPIED NINTENDO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.geekonstun.com/mt/archive...es_091605.html

THAT MARIO AND LUIGI WARIOWARE RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they take work that nintendo put blood sweet and tears for and copied it again! when will they spree stop?!!!!!

#1 Bad Guy 09-29-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

THEY COPIED NINTENDO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.geekonstun.com/mt/archive...es_091605.html

THAT MARIO AND LUIGI WARIOWARE RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they take work that nintendo put blood sweet and tears for and copied it again! when will they spree stop?!!!!!

Looks more like a parody than a "rip-off". Seems like they are making fun of Mario and Luigi rather than copying off them.

Rath 09-29-2005 03:57 PM

Great, now i can have two controllers that can be subsituted as weapons..... this whole remote thing isn't that amazing....i dunno why all them are making it like that.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV 09-29-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think I did it again
I made a Rev controller clone
Oh yeah nintendo
It might seem like rip
But it doesn't mean that I'm gonna say sorry!
'Cause to lose all my money
Oh nintendo, nintendo

[CHORUS:]
Oops!...I did it again
I made a Rev controller Clone
Oh nintendo, nintendo
Oops!...You think I'm a stealer
That I'm sent from theifs
I'm not that innocent

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
That I could steal all your ideas
I laugh, watching you fail
Can't you see that your a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my money!
Nintendo Oh, oh

[Repeat CHORUS]

Oops!...I did it again
Got lost in console race, oh nintendo
Oops!...You think that I'm sent from thiefs
I'm not that innocent

.............right

sheik 09-29-2005 04:30 PM

There is no blinder man than that man that does not want to see..

You really think people liked the first airplane? People were like "Heck, I ain't gettin in dat wooden contraption!!!" It looks pretty stupid and dumb to me! Same with Plate Tectonics! Wegener was ridiculed for saying that continents were once joined together. They said that was the most stupid thing they heard.
You really think that inventions and concepts were accepted right away? No. Inventions take time to develop and catch on. Nothing was truely accepted as soon as it was created. Same thing with the Revolution.

DarknessDraqon 09-29-2005 10:25 PM

right but airplanes are pratical and useful. Where as in consule races when a consule might last for about 5-10 years tops. Even if it is a good idea/ a great idea even, if it doesn't follow the set guidelines it runs the chance of being ignored for the reasons you just stated and then forgotten. I will complement them on steping out of the box and I hope it works but I don't know. Gamecube was a huge faliure even though it was an awsome system. I just hope revolution isn't the same.

sheik 09-29-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessDraqon
right but airplanes are pratical and useful. Where as in consule races when a consule might last for about 5-10 years tops. Even if it is a good idea/ a great idea even, if it doesn't follow the set guidelines it runs the chance of being ignored for the reasons you just stated and then forgotten. I will complement them on steping out of the box and I hope it works but I don't know. Gamecube was a huge faliure even though it was an awsome system. I just hope revolution isn't the same.

me too! Right now PS3 is losing 3rd party support because the graphics are alienating developers. PS3 they said every strand of hair is done seperately. Game for PS3 would be impractical.

THe only things that I see suceeding are 360 and Rev.

Microsoft and nintendo are complimenting each other. I hope they do a double team on Sony for that warioware rip off they did that is coming to PSP!!!!! It looks simular to mario and luigi!!!!!!

corbenk 09-29-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

me too! Right now PS3 is losing 3rd party support because the graphics are alienating developers. PS3 they said every strand of hair is done seperately. Game for PS3 would be impractical.

THe only things that I see suceeding are 360 and Rev.

Microsoft and nintendo are complimenting each other. I hope they do a double team on Sony for that warioware rip off they did that is coming to PSP!!!!! It looks simular to mario and luigi!!!!!!

Parody sheik, say it with me PAIR-A-DEY. It is supposed to rip off the cra... Games of luigi and mario.

Besides, I highly doubt sony would create a game like that, sony does not make 8-bit games. Once I see it for my own eyes I will believe it

"A ps3 game would be impractical" If by impractical you mean well done then yes, I agree.

Akatsuki Shinobi 10-01-2005 08:32 AM

you reeeeaaally like nintendo...dont ya....