Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Is the nation really threatend?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #21
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the nation really threatend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursesealer
Yes we are. B4 Bush we had problems but nothing to world wide. Come 2000, all hell breaks loose! Maybe by 2008 when a new (more responsible) person comes in charge, he/she can start fixing this broken country and make people feel happy again like when Clinton was around.
Not necessarily. The war didn't start with Bush. It started way before then. The war with Iraq has been going on much longer than I think you know. Not just since September 11th, but way before then, but perhaps less publicized/not a "hot" war.

I thought that this article I saw would be an interesting contribution to this thread:

It provides a different viewpoint on the "threat to America", as well as the military. I feel that it makes a few good points, but overall the articles has a concept that I don't believe in.

Anyway, on topic:

America will always be threatened. We have one of the most powerful militaries in the world, and we are a recognized super power, alongside Russia, Japan, and I believe a few others. Should we simply show even an inkling of vulnerability, we would be exploited. Anti-Americanism is on the rise, and I don't think that those countries pitted against us would hesitate to invade us should we show weakness.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote