Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Should parents be in control of a child's future?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: Should parents be in control of a child's future?

I agree a lot with Lily. While I’d like to say parents should be “guides”, that doesn’t quite put it in it’s right context. Guides((of a sort)) can only tell a child what is wrong and right, but something more has to discipline them and be firm when they have done something that is wrong.

I believe a parent should have a large sway on a child’s morals and upbringing, and should be fairly strict with rules and such, but that should lighten up as they mature ((not get older, mature)). Habits and personality traits are developed when we are children, so that is when one should try and help mold them.

Some would argue that parents would be making little copies of themselves in that case. I suppose they’re right. But if a parents does not teach their child, society and what they see will. Even if one does not teach and shape, they will look at your actions. Sometimes, children need to listen to what we((speaking from a parents point of view)) say and grow from that, not what we do.

She also made the point hat sometimes, what parents teach children is not always going to be what determines their outcome. While yes, a good parent could raise a bad person, a bad parent could also raise a very good child. It’s more or less about the child’s ability to learn, and grow as a person.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote