Fandom Forums - View Single Post - ManHunt 2 for Wii gets an AO rating and the game is banned in UK and Ireland
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all
Re: ManHunt 2 for Wii gets an AO rating and the game is banned in UK and Ireland

I must say that the stupidity of the hidden Hot Coffee in GTA San Andreas was the stupidest thing its producers could have done to it. It had to have been made AO after that everywhere, and they would have had to recall it and remove the scenes for hope of selling it again. The sad part is some kind probably found it out and his parents saw him and reported it to the gaming company. Not only that, but it's actually a kind of sex minigame where you move the up and down arrow keys to move and press certain keys to change positions and stuff like that. I only know this because I viewed a censored photo of it on a website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Hold on, hold on. Kids don't pay too much attention to games and then completely ignore the real world. I know plenty of people my age and lower who love violent games, and sure, we talk about it a lot and laugh evilly, but not once have we ever said, "Okay, let's go Halo 2 on these assholes!" then bring a Jeep with a chaingun to school. As for GTA being a gang-trainer, I can only see that if someone is also pointing out what to do in a certain situation, not just leaving someone alone in a room with a PS2, GTA III, and some water. I do agree that castrating someone is a little too graphic, especially for the Wii.
Halo 2 isn't as bad, mainly because it's not imitatable at all. I never said anything about Halo 2 as a game, it's not even realistic at all. You know as well as I do that normal people can't get their hands on military grade assault weapons, explosives, or some kind of high powered suit of armor that protected them from small arms fire. I'm not saying you could literally put a kid in a room with a PS2, GTA San Andreas, and some water and end up with someone who is capable of committing gang violence. Sure, you still need a gang to do this, but the point was it was so realistic and violent it could be used as a training video for those capable of committing violence. Members of the gang even admit that they used it in such a way, that's what I find strange, if adults can believe video games are real to such a degree, imagine a kid playing it. If someone played Manhunt II on the Wii for example, I don't imagine they say "here's a knife torture this guy", they SHOW YOU what to do to him to make him feel extraordinary pain and accomplish whatever objective you've set out to reach. I suppose you're right that it is far too graphic, especially since it was as if you were actually sitting there castrating someone with a pair of pliers. That right there gives you enough depictions of violence and nudity in one place to give you an AO rating.