LonelyNinja

Re: Christians Unite FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Man LN, I'm glad you got all that off your chest. =]
Yeah, it felt good. <.<

Quote:
Anyways, your problems are not with the religion, just the people who worship the religion. It's not Christianity's flaws you're venting about, it's the Christian's flaws. You're blaming the whole religion, for the acts of a minority of the poplulation of said religion.
Yes, it's true that I have a major problem with the people who worship it (not all, just most), but a lot of the regulations and whatnot of Christianity are hypocritical or annoying. I guess you're right about me disliking just the people and not the religion exactly, I just find lots of flaws in aspects of Christianity.

Quote:
And about the different sects of Christianity, they are different. The differences are subtle, but they are different. Christianity was born from the Roman Catholic religion, back during the time where prophets had people "pay their way into heaven". Martin Luther outlashed against this crime against God by pinning the 98 (or 99, could never remember which) Thesis on the church doors. After the Roman Catholic Church has him prosecuted, he formed the Protestant religion, the current day Christians.
My question is why can't there be a compromise? Is it because the religious leaders are so pompous that they wouldn't dare accept that one person might have been a decent prophet? I don't know, but I'd like for someone to shed some light on the situation.

Quote:
Again, the differences are subtle, but I chose to put my own spin on the religion thing. I guess I still am Christian, I just choose to ignore the blatant lies that the Bible has the tendecies to spew out every once in a while. (The Universe created only a few days before humans? Lmao!)
At least you're able to look at life from your own perspective and not have the Bible hold your hand through your entire life. Kudos to you. (Yes, that whole creationism thing is a load of bull manure.)