Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Christians Unite FC
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #133
knife man
Resident Vampire

knife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Christians Unite FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk667 View Post
yes, well it is said in the bible that while the romans did physically crusify Jesus, his own people, the jews, denied him as the messiah, and that (by my own interpretation) if they had embraced him, he wouldn't have been crucified. (end interpretation) the pharacies <--sp? did not want him to be the messiah, cause well, they would be out of a job so they divised this plan to which they riled up the people against him. the roman courts could not find anything againat Jesus. but, they were pushed, by the jews, so hard to get rid of him, that they offered the choice, Jesus or Barabus. they chose to free Barabus, a murderer and have Jesus crucified instead. thus, the jews were indirectly/directly influencial in Jesus' death. does that clear it up?
Now you were making sense until the bold part. The romans of that time had multiple gods and did not ask the Jews who should and shouldn't be crucified, but they were actually crucifying Jews, heretics, and outlaws to make it obvious that Rome was the ultimate power of the world. This is something often forgotten about the crucifictions, they happened to a lot of people. So jesus wasn't the only guy nailed to a cross, then killed by a spear to the heart. It just happened that his was a more advertised death. (but this is a very hard area in time, being how much real history and religion has been intermixed; making it very hard to get a good definite answer.)
And even if the Jews managed to influence the Romans, on who they killed, it would be a "just" thing to do. If Jesus wanted his own religion, why would the Jews want more competition? So it would make some sense that they would have him killed, but this is all a "what if" idea.

::edit:: ok so this'll be my last post here unless for some reason i have to/want to
now the post below me has one of the best replies in this conversation, they explained things in a sophisticated way with a believable reason.

props to Lonely Ninja

Last edited by knife man; 09-12-2007 at 05:34 PM.
knife man is offline   Reply With Quote