Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Bleach Movie - Memories Of Nobody
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #97
wish303
Academy Student

wish303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bleach Movie - Memories Of Nobody

Overall, I enjoyed the movie.

However, I felt like the pacing and dialogue were off at several points. For example, after the fighting's done why don't we see more dialogue from other characters? I just can't imagine having Kenpachi, Byakuya, Rukia, and nearly 10 other major characters in the background on that bridge without anything being said.

And yes, Kenpachi's entrance and fight were beautiful. He's the Soul Society tank blitz. Honestly, I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see him interact entertainingly with the real world ^^

Most troubling to me, though, was the fact that the villains were so poorly fleshed out. I mean, we don't even learn any of their names! Not even the main villain! What kind of bad guy is that?

What's more, they don't have a good history that gives justification to their actions. In the Bounto arc, Kariya has a well-presented reason for the destruction of Soul Society and all his race. The bad guy in the movie, however, doesn't even have an explanation of what his clan's transgression was and how it was unjust. I mean, a territory dispute? What kind of territory dispute gets you exiled from Soul Society into the Severed World?

Finally, we don't get much from Inoue, Ishida, or Sado. That's kind of been the same thing in the series lately, though, too. I figure it has to do with the fact that you can't really advance the story through movies.

I really wish that anime series included movies in their storyline advancement. I mean, plan it out or something so that the movie comes out at a critical moment in the episode lineup!

Because they don't do that, you don't get to see any cool new moves being presented in the movies, and you don't get to see any meaningful character/plot developments. Which is one of the same reasons that people hate filler episodes. In reality, these movies are just an extra long filler episode, which is too bad.

7/10