Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post]
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #12
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Official Music Talk Discussion v.1 [see first post]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
Hokay then, a band I'd like to bring to your attention, if you will. <.< Avenged Sevenfold. I love the guitar solos. He makes them sound so somber in 'Seize the Day'.
No. Avenged Sevenfold is now a corporate heavy metal band and before they were a corporate metalcore band. If you a record dealer then they are a good band, but if you are looking for music, as in the art form, then you can count them out.

Quote:
but I never really took the time out to go and search for their other stuff to listen to,
Well you sure got lucky. You won't find anything special in their discography.

Quote:
Thats the saddest song I've heard by them. I'm also fond of 'The Beast and The Harlot'.
I feel bad for you.

Quote:
.but if you're raving so much about A7X then I think I might check them out
Do yourself a favor and don't.

Quote:
Does anyone listen to punk? My friend Bobby is like, a punk guy, and he's always raving about how I should listen to punk since I listen to practically everything else, but I have no idea what bands are and aren't punk. I usually just listen to whatever regardless of the genre.

And also, to those music jockeys: what the fuck is emo screamo?
1. I listen to punk. If you want good punk bands check out the originals like:

The Ramones
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Fall.

2. First of all Screamo is the name of the genre. It is a mix of emo, which is the worst genre name ever because all must is emotional, and screaming vocals. It is not bad at all and in fact there is this screamo band called Circle Takes the Square that have sick instrumentals. They are definitely technical and are surely original.

Quote:
Emo Scremo is music where they scream into the thing and have bad instrumentals and when they're called up on it they claim its to convey a message. =]
You don't know anything about music.

First of all if you are concerned more with the screaming then don't listen to music at all because vocals are the least important instrument in a band. Second of all I am about to give you many technical and original screamo bands, which are 10x more talented then "Avenged Sevenfold:"

Circle Takes the Square
Envy
City of Caterpillar
La Quiete
Orchid
Saetia

There you go. Check them out and shut your mouth.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote