Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Tweaking of the Flamming rules.
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
Re: Tweaking of the Flamming rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Uh, is there any sort of universal criteria for either a major flame or minor flame so that infractions will be dealt with consistently regardless of the moderator? Or is it still just up to the discretion of whatever moderator is on the case?

Also, does it matter if the person being 'flamed' feels offended by the flame? Or is it still the "if anyone reports it, or the mods see name calling=auto-infraction" policy that's been used?
He said that it was up to the moderator to decide whether or not it is a major or minor flame, and that he would check the fairness of the decision. By Shino checking the fairness of the infraction, it eliminates mods from making too biased of decisions. If you are particularly worried about me, remember I could have banned you for insulting me several times as a flame, but I havn't given you an infraction in God knows how long.

Ofcourse, my guidelines are rather lenient, but others are not. Minor: Noob, idiot, retard, or any of their derivatives not related to sex. Major: Anything refering to f*cking *insert insult*, "Eat shit and die", and other sexual references. I realize we all aren't prepubescent children, so I allow a bit more than what would be expected on a kid's show's forum.

I used to, however, look over a few things that I thought wern't worthy of banning for ten days, but now those are worth less and I don't have to worry about being too rough with my moderation.

Last edited by Freshgrease; 11-19-2007 at 11:11 AM.