Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
gaarasandchick13
Jounin

gaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud of
Re: Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays?

I kind of think of this as being really irrational. I really don't think that saying "merry christmas" is such a big deal. When my Jewish friends say "Happy Hanukkah" I don't give them a second glance, I just say "you too," even though I don't celebrate it. It's pretty much the same thing as saying "happy holidays", but people act as if it's an insult to their own religion. I think people just have to deal with it: that everyone isn't the same. Just because christmas is a very popular holiday (where I am) doesn't mean you have to separate them from yourself in a different group like they're an enemy or something stupid like that. (It's like vegans saying that commercials selling chicken are offensive to them.) I think people need to look on the bright side: they can still celebrate their own religion and holidays and aren't forced to practice something they don't believe in.
Freedom of speech and religion anyone?
gaarasandchick13 is offline   Reply With Quote